What I have learnt from helping thousands of people taper off antidepressants and other psychotropic medications. 2021

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
anacleta

What I have learnt from helping thousands of people taper off antidepressants and other psychotropic medications. 2021

Unread post by anacleta »

A. Framer - SurvivingAntidepressants.org, San Francisco, California, USA
First Published March 16, 2021 Review Article
https://doi.org/10.1177/2045125321991274

Abstract
Although psychiatric drug withdrawal syndromes have been recognized since the 1950s – recent studies confirm antidepressant withdrawal syndrome incidence upwards of 40% – medical information about how to safely go off the drugs has been lacking. To fill this gap, over the last 25 years, patients have developed a robust Internet-based subculture of peer support for tapering off psychiatric drugs and recovering from withdrawal syndrome. This account from the founder of such an online community covers lessons learned from thousands of patients regarding common experiences with medical providers, identification of adverse drug reactions, risk factors for withdrawal, tapering techniques, withdrawal symptoms, protracted withdrawal syndrome, and strategies to cope with symptoms, in the context of the existing scientific literature.

Full text https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 5321991274
Sb919

Re: What I have learnt from helping thousands of people taper off antidepressants and other psychotropic medications. 20

Unread post by Sb919 »

I wish I had stumbled onto survivingantidepressants before I decided to self taper, and not months later. I probably would have just stayed on for life.

What a mess...
Naczoz

Re: What I have learnt from helping thousands of people taper off antidepressants and other psychotropic medications. 20

Unread post by Naczoz »

tapperig has nothing to do with pssd, there are many cases who tappered for years and years after tapper is done, they have severe pssd anyway