Proviron, Masteron DHT etc

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Troskie

Re: Proviron, Masteron DHT etc

Unread post by Troskie »

My proviron came in the mail today, pretty pumped to try it. I just got bloodwork done today as well, hoping the TRT clinic will prescribe me the test/hcg/arimidex based off these results.
Area1255_2021

Unread post by Area1255_2021 »

Troskie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:21 am My proviron came in the mail today, pretty pumped to try it. I just got bloodwork done today as well, hoping the TRT clinic will prescribe me the test/hcg/arimidex based off these results.
Where did you order it from? NapsGear?
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

Area1255_2021 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:55 pm Where did you order it from? NapsGear?
I PMd you.

Gotta say i'm tempted to just pop these for a couple days, but I think i'm going to wait to start on the TRT (and to be on that for... a month or so) before I try stacking these on top.
Area1255_2021

Troskie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:46 pm
Area1255_2021 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:55 pm Where did you order it from? NapsGear?
I PMd you.

Gotta say i'm tempted to just pop these for a couple days, but I think i'm going to wait to start on the TRT (and to be on that for... a month or so) before I try stacking these on top.
Yeah, you could do that...Proviron doesn't really suppress the HPTA that much though. You could start with 100 mg / day or so.
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

Met with a TRT clinic physician. I mentioned my genital numbness, and he himself brought up post finasteride syndrome. He said his mentor would give some men who didn't respond to traditional TRT shots a highly concentrated testosterone cream to apply direct to the testicles twice a day, and sometimes 'magic happened'. He mentioned something about our testicles having the highest concentration of DHT receptors. This obviously caught my interest, then I mentioned PSSD and he was familiar with it and recommended we try that cream method if the shots don't improve my symptoms. I wasn't even going to bring up PSSD until he brought up the post finasteride bit.

Now i'm aware, these places give testosterone out pretty easy. Regardless, I feel pretty good this guy is at least familiar with pssd. He wants to start low but work with me to get my levels in the 1200-1300 range, which is sort of high I believe but i'm on board with it.

Protocol will be 120 test cyp a week (2 shots of 60) and 1000 iu hcg (2 500 iu shots).
Area1255_2021

Troskie wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:31 pm Met with a TRT clinic physician. I mentioned my genital numbness, and he himself brought up post finasteride syndrome. He said his mentor would give some men who didn't respond to traditional TRT shots a highly concentrated testosterone cream to apply direct to the testicles twice a day, and sometimes 'magic happened'. He mentioned something about our testicles having the highest concentration of DHT receptors. This obviously caught my interest, then I mentioned PSSD and he was familiar with it and recommended we try that cream method if the shots don't improve my symptoms. I wasn't even going to bring up PSSD until he brought up the post finasteride bit.

Now i'm aware, these places give testosterone out pretty easy. Regardless, I feel pretty good this guy is at least familiar with pssd. He wants to start low but work with me to get my levels in the 1200-1300 range, which is sort of high I believe but i'm on board with it.

Protocol will be 120 test cyp a week (2 shots of 60) and 1000 iu hcg (2 500 iu shots).
I agree, DHT does benefit the testicles in general; as mentioned in post 1 - it is needed for orgasms as it triggers testicular/prostatic contractions - more DHT means more orgasms.
Area1255_2021

Life Sci
. 1988;43(23):1845-50. doi: 10.1016/s0024-3205(88)80001-8.
Nicotine and cotinine effects on 3 alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in canine prostate
A W Meikle 1, X H Liu, G N Taylor, J D Stringham
Affiliations expand
PMID: 3200111 DOI: 10.1016/s0024-3205(88)80001-8
Abstract
We have recently observed that cigarette smoking affects plasma androgen concentrations. The effects of nicotine and cotinine, two products of cigarette smoking, on testosterone metabolism were determined. The activity of delta 4 steroid 5 alpha-reductase, which converts testosterone to 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) was measured in isolated dog prostate nuclei using testosterone (0-200 nM) as substrate and NADPH as cofactor. Activity of 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD), which converts DHT to 3 alpha-androstanediol (3 alpha-diol) and is a reversible enzyme, was measured in isolated dog prostate microsomes with DHT (0-20 microM) as substrate and NADPH as cofactor. When microsomal fractions were incubated for 1 hour with and without nicotine (0-50 microM) and cotinine (0-100 microM), enzyme activity of HSD was significantly suppressed (p less than 0.001). The Vmax was not affected significantly (p greater than 0.60) and Km increased with increasing concentrations of nicotine and cotinine (p less than 0.05). Both nicotine and cotinine are competitive inhibitors of HSD in dog prostate microsomes with Ki's of 61 and 89 microM, respectively. The apparent 5 alpha-reductase activity was unaffected by nicotine and cotinine. The inhibitors produced a marked effect on activity of HSD when used in concentrations achieved in humans who smoke cigarettes. The results suggest that nicotine and cotinine are competitive inhibitors of the HSD, an important enzyme involved in the metabolism of DHT and produce an accumulation of DHT. These products of cigarette smoking could alter androgen action in tissue such as skin and prostate.