Reinstatement - Mechanisms, Pathways, Meds and Supplements

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Wicksy1995

Reinstatement - Mechanisms, Pathways, Meds and Supplements

Unread post by Wicksy1995 »

I've been hovering over the concepts of Histamine, NMDA Hypoactivity, Nitric Oxide, Serotonin - 5ht1a pre & post, Glutamate Hypo/Hypoactivity, and more for many years now. Entering windows and having long periods of being non-functional mentally. Unable to think out a given task, move forward, and complete. It's like my brain has lost its ability to pick up on the correct signals being sent out from my brain..as if my antenna is broken. My short-term memory is also shot. It just seems like my brain is a mess. This happened about 3 months after discontinuing Lexapro after 10 months doses ranging 10-15mgs. (I tapered slowly). Where seemingly overnight I felt completely numb and braindead.

After many years I'm probably the best I've been functionality-wise as I'm actually on the path to getting a job and moving forward in some way. I attribute this to Abilify. I've has similar success with Rexulti & Trintellix but wasn't able to push through the side effects.

My current regimen:
10mg Prozac
2.5mg Abilify
5mg Low dose Naltrexone

What helps (meds)
Zyprexa
Amitriptyline
Trintellix
Rexulti
Buspar
Lithium Carbonate (acutely)

What helps (supplements)

L - histidine
Pregnenolone
TRT

It feels like my blood flow/nitric oxide system is also fucked. My pumps at the gym are dogshit. Although enough Naltrexone and they're pretty good though. TRT definitely helps my mood. But when I'm feeling braindead my anxiety gets quite high as I can't comprehend anything properly so my brain perceives everything as fearful and my heart starts racing. I am going to add in Zyprexa because I had success with it in the past. It's also proven to raise histamine - along with other atypical antipsychotics. Also, SSRIS actually raise/enhance histamine...I find this very weird. And everytime I reduce prozac it even feels like im on an antihistamine. Ive tried raising it past 10mgs but I cannot get throuth that initial phase, where it ALSO feels like my histamine drops. This may be mediated by the 5ht2a receptor and its subsequent downregulation after the initial adaptation period.

So my question is - If my aim isnt to come off everything - as I've failed many times - How would I am to optimize my histamine system and Nitric Oxide/ NMDA system to what it once was??