Differences in the Gut Microbiome of Women With and Without Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: Case Control Study

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Brain food

Differences in the Gut Microbiome of Women With and Without Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: Case Control Study

Unread post by Brain food »

Here’s a study from China that was published this year. It gives some evidence of a microbiome connection to the level of a woman’s libido.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7952237/
Janie

Re: Differences in the Gut Microbiome of Women With and Without Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: Case Control Study

Unread post by Janie »

This could be true. I just had a full microbiome analysis and I lack ruminococcus (mentioned in article). But I also lack bifido and lacto bacterias.
Brain food

Re: Differences in the Gut Microbiome of Women With and Without Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: Case Control Study

There was also a recent article about how researchers at UC San Francisco were able to edit the microbiome of mice using the CRISPR gene editing technique. See below:

Infecting Gut Microbes with CRISPR-loaded Virus Demonstrates Potential for Microbiome Gene Editing

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2021/11/42184 ... microbiome
Brain food

Janie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:48 pm This could be true. I just had a full microbiome analysis and I lack ruminococcus (mentioned in article). But I also lack bifido and lacto bacterias.
When you say that you lack these bacteria, are your levels lower than normal or did the test not find any of these types of bacteria?
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

It found some ruminococcus, it is just lower than normal range. I don't have at all many lacto and bifido strains which are in the "neuroactive bacteria" category. I mostly have just two bad types in my gut: pseudomonas and sutterella. First is associated with sibo, the last with autism.