Final theory of PSSD etiology. Get in here!

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
finities infinities

Re: Final theory of PSSD etiology. Get in here!

Unread post by finities infinities »

I started this scheme. Nothing bad is happening.
Does your PSSD theory include the mechanism of action of clomipramine? It is TCA which also strongly blocks SERT.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Your trial include inositol and lecithin, is that correct?
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

Im doing Inositol (18 grams)and Phosphatidyl choline (6grams) starting today. Are the dosages and forms alright? I didnt get the jump from phosphatidylcholine to lechitin in what you were saying, im guessing its also a type of choline?

Also want to throw out there that I took Ropinirole (1/2 a pill) and got more penis sensation, more libido, for about a week afterward but I got severe blurry vision/and severe chest pains for a month and a half afterward. Basically I got DMSA to help chelate any residue out of my eyes and took several other things to reduce the side effects. Never taking Ropinirole again but the short term improvement was interesting.

Taking a dopamine antagonist as much as side effects allow, and I now have nightly morning wood almost every night. After no morning wood for at least 4 years. Still have penis sensation problems and unreliable erections tho.

I wonder if a dopamine-serotonin balance could have a part to play. Dopamine antagonists upregulate/sensitize dopamie receptors possibly permanently, so I started with a very very low dose. After a small increase in dosage, over 3 months, got increased ambition amd energy, and a couple weeks later after the last dose, morning wood. Looked into things beforehand and dopamine and testosterone are linked and serotonin (sexual inhibitor) and estrogen are linked.
hplss_wndrr

Unread post by hplss_wndrr »

hi! So, based on this research, which would be the best suggested treatment plan?
finities infinities

MisterCharlie- I tryed dopamine antagonist-sulpiride for D2 upregulation. This drug was very weird because tolerance not develop and my state suddenly slighty better only after discontinuation.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

MisterCharlie wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:18 pm Im doing Inositol (18 grams)and Phosphatidyl choline (6grams) starting today. Are the dosages and forms alright? I didnt get the jump from phosphatidylcholine to lechitin in what you were saying, im guessing its also a type of choline?

Also want to throw out there that I took Ropinirole (1/2 a pill) and got more penis sensation, more libido, for about a week afterward but I got severe blurry vision/and severe chest pains for a month and a half afterward. Basically I got DMSA to help chelate any residue out of my eyes and took several other things to reduce the side effects. Never taking Ropinirole again but the short term improvement was interesting.

Taking a dopamine antagonist as much as side effects allow, and I now have nightly morning wood almost every night. After no morning wood for at least 4 years. Still have penis sensation problems and unreliable erections tho.

I wonder if a dopamine-serotonin balance could have a part to play. Dopamine antagonists upregulate/sensitize dopamie receptors possibly permanently, so I started with a very very low dose. After a small increase in dosage, over 3 months, got increased ambition amd energy, and a couple weeks later after the last dose, morning wood. Looked into things beforehand and dopamine and testosterone are linked and serotonin (sexual inhibitor) and estrogen are linked.
Lecithin because it contains phospholipids like phosplatidylcholine and phoshpatidylinositol, but taking phosphatidylcholine on itself should be just fine. From what it looks like SJW and inositol works on different mechanisms, inositol simply oversaturates precursors for PIP2 etc, while SJW takes place in IMPase cycle, where different forms of phosphatidyl inositol like PIP2 are metabolised back to myo-inositol for the course to start all over again. As inositol triphoshpate receptor activation on endoplasmic recticulum is part of its cycle. It actually works similar to lithium, which blocks this cycle but in different mechanism, lithium also cured 1 person.
hplss_wndrr wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:08 pm hi! So, based on this research, which would be the best suggested treatment plan?
There really is no legit treatment based on it's system right now, what is new is that i realized that for PIP2 to be created there needs to be phosphatidic acid created by PLD, which needs phosphatidylcholine as its part of the reaction. It is known that inositol on itself cured some people, lecithin on itself cured some people, and in 1 case where inositol cured someone, the person took it alongside high dose choline, about 1,5 gram. I still work around GIRK channel, PIP2, to write this thread i had to read 5-10 papers per day for like 6 months, so i do not know how long will it take to grasp everything related to PIP2. The problem is also that inositol level usually do not raise in cerebellum with supplementation, cerebellum part of is midbrain where raphe nuclei pre synaptic 5-HT1A receptors are, it's the part of the brain we want to target, but it's elusive. I read papers every day but my limitation is obviously time, but i will keep working.
Last edited by guacamo on Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finities infinities

I have a guess that chronic ingestion of the GIRK antagonist also might help.
hplss_wndrr

Unread post by hplss_wndrr »

finities infinities wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:45 pm I have a guess that chronic ingestion of the GIRK antagonist also might help.
which are they?
finities infinities

Reboxetine is GIRK antagonist.