Final theory of PSSD etiology. Get in here!

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
guacamo

Re: Final theory of PSSD etiology. Get in here!

Unread post by guacamo »

In these cases where it helped it took a few weeks to work. You can read the lecithin thread, he said he saw improvements after like 4 weeks.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

I'm considering trying this out, especially since I remember how buspirone was affecting me. This theory have very sense and I have the same suspection, because acute 5ht1a activation restore my pre-mianserin state, buspirone caused intense sexual arousal and blunted empathy and severe crash with strong morality disgust for cigarettes, sex repulsed and excess empathy.
I once mentioned that my PSSD started with the 5ht7- mianserin + amisulpride antagonist, then got worse with buspirone and escitalopram.
There has been a recent study that CBD oil acts as a 5ht1a inverse agonist, and it may be interesting when it comes to resensitization.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 11278/full
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Very interesting stuff.
Any reason to mention inositol more so than sjw in the follow up discussion?
My observation is that many people have had some type of response to sjw, but fewer people report back on inositol.
Area1255_2021

Unread post by Area1255_2021 »

guacamo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:12 pm In these cases where it helped it took a few weeks to work. You can read the lecithin thread, he said he saw improvements after like 4 weeks.
Lecithin increased my ejaculatory load quite a bit...
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Jaxx wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:17 pm Very interesting stuff.
My observation is that many people have had some type of response to sjw, but fewer people report back on inositol.
I do not know, if someone reacts better to sjw then i would advice to try that first. Inositol looks better on paper because sjw has affinity to at least 44 receptors, it's just so much more complicated pharmacologicaly, whereas myo-inositol is just precursor to phosphatidylinositol, but myself better respond to sjw than inositol too. Anyway if you ingest 4-6g of lecithin you also ingest some phosphatidylinositol due to it being 15%-18 of soy lecithin phospholipids content.
Last edited by guacamo on Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Thanks, it seems another explanation why the effects of sjw diminish over a couple weeks for many.
I never tried lecithin myself but i do find some positive experiences on the forum here, mostly short lived, but lets see if this has potential!
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

guacamo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:44 pm
I do not know, if someone reacts better to sjw then i would advice to try that first. Inositol looks better on paper because sjw has affinity to at least 44 receptors, it's just so much more complicated pharmacologicaly, whereas myo-inositol is just precursor to phosphatidylinositol, but myself better respond to sjw than inositol too. Anyway if you ingest 4-6g of lecithin you also ingest some phosphatidylinositol due to it being 15%-18 of soy lecithin phospholipids content.
Any specific reason you mention soy, and not for instance sunflower lecithin? Just wondering if it is important or not, both seem to have phosphatidylinositol
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

According to drugbank : "Buspirone may decrease the excretion rate of Inositol which could result in a higher serum level."

Interesting as some people have been helped by buspirone alone.

https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB00490
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Jaxx wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:50 am
guacamo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:44 pm
Any specific reason you mention soy, and not for instance sunflower lecithin? Just wondering if it is important or not, both seem to have phosphatidylinositol
@down2 jaxx
Mentioned soy lecithin because that's what i did read in papers, i guess if it's lecithin it should work the same.

If anyone want to start soy lecithin start low and observe your body reaction. Precaution is always recommended.