Psychology today: If You Want an Orgasm, Stimulate This

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Brain food

Psychology today: If You Want an Orgasm, Stimulate This

Unread post by Brain food »

According to Northwestern University neuroscientist Kevin McKenna, your body really does have an orgasm center. The only thing is that there’s no way to stimulate it directly. That’s because it’s located deep inside your spinal cord.

In an article recently published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, McKenna identified the LSt cells of the spinal cord as the part of the nervous system that generates orgasm. Short for “lumbar spinothalamic,” LSt cells have been shown to activate whenever a male rat ejaculates.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -stimulate

Does anyone know if scientists or doctors ever examined the LSt cells of PSSD sufferers? Not sure if that’s even possible to detect with current technology but maybe PSSD is caused by damage to the spinal cord rather than brain.
Numbtomind 2

Re: Psychology today: If You Want an Orgasm, Stimulate This

Unread post by Numbtomind 2 »

How do ssris cause spinal cord injurys? You're reaching at this point.
75mg Clomipramine. june-july 2018
(Anxiety/Ocd)

Current symtoms I'm experiencing.
Emotional numbness, Pleasurless activities, Complete sexual system shutdown.
Brain food

Numbtomind 2 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:36 pm How do ssris cause spinal cord injurys? You're reaching at this point.
Perhaps I am reaching. I wasn’t saying an injury, just damage. I remember seeing Dr. David Healy responding to a comment on an RxISK article saying that there is some evidence in rats that PSSD might be caused by changes to the spinal cord but I’ve never seen the study that he’s talking about. I’ll see if I can find that article.
Brain food

This isn’t the comment that I was thinking of, but here is an article where Dr. Healy speculated that PSSD can be caused by small fiber neuropathy.

https://rxisk.org/pssd-withdrawal-small ... europathy/
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

What about the serotonin spine receptor?