the drug that cured long-covid individuals (BC 007)

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
nicopickle

Re: the drug that cured long-covid individuals (BC 007)

Unread post by nicopickle »

iwantmylifeback wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:14 pm
nicopickle wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:21 am
iwantmylifeback wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:00 am I’m confused on your theory. That our response to SSRI is immune related?
yes
Ok thank you. Can you explain how you got there? Thank you.
i explained it in the original post, feel free to ask any questions
iwantmylifeback

Unread post by iwantmylifeback »

I read it. I don’t understand any correlation you’re trying to make. I don’t have long haul covid. What is similar to you about PSSD and LH? Thank you. So important we talk out our ideas.
nicopickle

iwantmylifeback wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:17 am I read it. I don’t understand any correlation you’re trying to make. I don’t have long haul covid. What is similar to you about PSSD and LH? Thank you. So important we talk out our ideas.
long covid and pssd have very similar symptoms. this is caused by immune dysfunction, almost like the body is fighting off nothing, causing issues
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

This hypothesis ain't as crazy as others but i haven't heard of the skin of people's dick numbing because covid, this symptom seems to be unique of this phenomenon, other causes are usually inflammation or bicycle use, pudendal nerve etc

Perhaps the body immune system does fights sertraline so strongly that it affects the dick's skin? Why keeps fighting it when the compound is off the body? highly unlikely there's traces of sertraline on anyone after let's say a year or more, specially for some of us that took basically only one lower dose pill.

There's an easy way to test this hypothesis though. I'm sure there's medication/ supplements that lower one's immune system, could be dangerous but if anyone's willing to try I'd read the report.

Kratom I think boosts the immune system, I haven't felt any different when I take it, if anything I feel better, more horny, happier, more relaxed and focused, i only don't take it everyday because may affect my hair.

But if the hypothesis is true I'd imagine I'd feel more numb on kratom, if anything I feel even more sensitive at times, not as much as with methylphenidate, but definitely hornier I'd say or at least as horny as with Ritalin if not more.

It's an interesting hypothesis, I have my own.

Still, I'm open to hear more about this one.
bigpoppa10040

Unread post by bigpoppa10040 »

JakeLawe wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:59 pm [quote=nicopickle post_id=44593 time=<a href="tel:1640548951">1640548951</a> user_id=2392]
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021051 ... mpotence#1
This hypothesis ain't as crazy as others but i haven't heard of the skin of people's dick numbing because covid, this symptom seems to be unique of this phenomenon, other causes are usually inflammation or bicycle use, pudendal nerve etc

Perhaps the body immune system does fights sertraline so strongly that it affects the dick's skin? Why keeps fighting it when the compound is off the body? highly unlikely there's traces of sertraline on anyone after let's say a year or more, specially for some of us that took basically only one lower dose pill.

There's an easy way to test this hypothesis though. I'm sure there's medication/ supplements that lower one's immune system, could be dangerous but if anyone's willing to try I'd read the report.

Kratom I think boosts the immune system, I haven't felt any different when I take it, if anything I feel better, more horny, happier, more relaxed and focused, i only don't take it everyday because may affect my hair.

But if the hypothesis is true I'd imagine I'd feel more numb on kratom, if anything I feel even more sensitive at times, not as much as with methylphenidate, but definitely hornier I'd say or at least as horny as with Ritalin if not more.

It's an interesting hypothesis, I have my own.

Still, I'm open to hear more about this one.
[/quote]

It’s been proposed numerous times throughout the years on all forums. Interestingly, every time the immune system / autoimmune theory is brought to light especially on other forums, it seems to get immediately shut down. I know I had a post deleted by a mod on another forum even after saying these are the findings from top hospitals and doctors. But yeah I know a ton of guys who believe this is immune system related. Would explain the rarity, why some ppl develop AFTER getting off SSRI (not all), would explain windows, why ppl feel better getting sick etc. Now I’m not gonna lie brain damage scares me but not everything we have is consistent with brain damage so
Jcumbo

Unread post by Jcumbo »

I do like this theory but Could this make sense as to why people crash from serotonin raising substances? Like st John's wort / among others. Why would the body be so sensitive to serotonin altering drugs if this is autoimmune dysfunction?
bigpoppa10040

Unread post by bigpoppa10040 »

Jcumbo wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:37 pm I do like this theory but Could this make sense as to why people crash from serotonin raising substances? Like st John's wort / among others. Why would the body be so sensitive to serotonin altering drugs if this is autoimmune dysfunction?
Serotonin is intimately tied with the immune system, this can affect autoimmune diseases.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

Anyone trying autoimmune wreckers?

Really the mechanism isn't as important as the end result.

IF this hypothesis is sound or of good weight. What are the medications to take? the supplements to take? what follows?
nicopickle

Jcumbo wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:37 pm I do like this theory but Could this make sense as to why people crash from serotonin raising substances? Like st John's wort / among others. Why would the body be so sensitive to serotonin altering drugs if this is autoimmune dysfunction?
just google SJW immune system