the drug that cured long-covid individuals (BC 007)

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
nicopickle

the drug that cured long-covid individuals (BC 007)

Unread post by nicopickle »

This drug that was designed for heart problems, cures people with long-covid symptoms, which are essentially the exact same symptoms that PSSD sufferers get. When I seen this, things kind of clicked for me. I've been very curious on why people with PSSD don't get sick too often, and when sick a lot of people see a dramatic reduction in symptoms. This always led to me an improper immune-response.

Now as I've been around the forums, and read many posts of PSSD, I've based my info gathering on strange ways peoples body acts, I've read through tons of r/covidlonghaulers posts, as well as r/cfs and its alarming the similarities with weird things, like different effects of smoking weed, or drinking alcohol after becoming ill. I have my own person experiences that showed brief moments of normalcy, which also align with a dysfunctional immune system causing all of these debilitating symptoms. Now I'm not here to prove these conditions are the exact same, but I highly suspect they are, a large majority of r/cfs folks get their initial symptoms from a virus, followed by antibiotics. Now recently there has been points made about how SSRI's drastically reduce the symptoms of covid, or catching covid, seems very similar to how antibiotics would affect a virus.

I will leave a link below on the article about the drug eliminating peoples symptoms in a matter of hours,

https://t.co/i7zSsGTu2B
iwantmylifeback

Re: the drug that cured long-covid individuals (BC 007)

Unread post by iwantmylifeback »

I’m confused on your theory. That our response to SSRI is immune related?
nicopickle

iwantmylifeback wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:00 am I’m confused on your theory. That our response to SSRI is immune related?
yes
BruteForce

Unread post by BruteForce »

pssd could be caused by autoimmune recation for example
https://berlincures.de/new-paper/
" DNA-Based Drug BC 007 neutralizes agonistically acting autoantibodies directed against G protein–coupled receptors "
allmost all serotonin receptors are GPCR
heymartinn

Unread post by heymartinn »

I'm ignorant on this. Wouldn't it work as a temporary band-aid by reducing the autoimmune response? Similarly to anti-inflammatories?
nicopickle

heymartinn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:26 am I'm ignorant on this. Wouldn't it work as a temporary band-aid by reducing the autoimmune response? Similarly to anti-inflammatories?
tbh i’m not the most educated on how things work. i essentially just put these together based on posts and personal experiences. i went through many recovery posts, and tried to put together an explanation for why they worked. i really thought it was related to specifically the gut after i experienced a complete reversal of my symptoms after a small amount of FMT. but then i stumbled upon a post of a guy getting these symptoms from a topical steroid for a rash, and this stumped me for a few days, then after some late night browsing i found a post of a guy with CFS who had identical symptoms to me, and he had a long post about how he miraculously recovered after an ear infection, his doctor saying the immune response shifted. this is when i went to the long covid page, unfortunately i was on a very small page at this time and only seen a few posts on similar symptoms, but then i found a larger group and the similarities were miraculous. i have no scientific knowledge on the interactions of the drug other than it adds up to my understanding of the immune dysfunction being the cause of our issues. there is a video about how it normalizes the autoantibodies that are left after the covid infection.
nicopickle

BruteForce wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:14 am pssd could be caused by autoimmune recation for example
https://berlincures.de/new-paper/
" DNA-Based Drug BC 007 neutralizes agonistically acting autoantibodies directed against G protein–coupled receptors "
allmost all serotonin receptors are GPCR
thank you for this post as i don’t really understand specifics of the drugs effects. i’m just here to share my ideas
nicopickle

here is a link to the video of you would like to watch their explanation of how the drug works

https://berlincures.de/pipeline/
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

Thanks. In this https://www.focus.de/gesundheit/news/he ... 14347.html article they say it also helped against chronic fatigue.
This is what I suffer from very much.
They say that they are out of medication, it was just a pre-trial medication, but people can apply at recover.au@uk-erlangen.de
This is what I did.
nicopickle

FindGoodNickname wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:12 am Thanks. In this https://www.focus.de/gesundheit/news/he ... 14347.html article they say it also helped against chronic fatigue.
This is what I suffer from very much.
They say that they are out of medication, it was just a pre-trial medication, but people can apply at recover.au@uk-erlangen.de
This is what I did.

unfortunately you probably won’t get a chance to trial it through them. they are starting clinical trials starting in 2022. they explained they had hundreds of emails after explaining the story of it fixing long covid. people from the chronic fatigue group were all over this as well as they said it should fix these problems as well
Last edited by nicopickle on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.