GIRK Channels

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
marsupial

Re: GIRK Channels

Unread post by marsupial »

I am taking forskolin for about 4 weeks now. At the beggining it seems to have some effect + it seem like it eliminated the bottoms in PSSD dynamics. Its not progresivly getting better though
marsupial

Unread post by marsupial »

This may go against 5ht1a G protein uncoupeling theory:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16035959
Little of my story so my post make sense. I was taking sertraline about half a year. During the treatment especialy afterwards PSSD symptoms were very strong but within a 1/2 year of abstinance I got better to 80% I would say.. My OCD then suddenly got so strong that I decided to give pills a try and I took venlafaxine instead (I wanted to avoid what setraline caused me). It was same story as with sertraline. I got PSSD again. But troughout a year of abstinance its not getting any better now.
I know than one study proves nothing, especially proceeded on rats. But if taken seriously - If venlafaxine does not cause 5ht1a G protein uncoupeling, then how can I get same symptoms as with sertraline that does (if this is the root) + How is that there is no healing as it was on sertraline
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Interesting information in this thread to say the least. Girk channel decoupling seems to be a very plausable cause of pssd. I'm just commenting in hopes of topic being discussed/researched further.
ryjoseph97

Unread post by ryjoseph97 »

I reached out to Dr. Mark Rasenick, who claims (with evidence) that G proteins exiting from lipid rafts are the reason behind delayed SSRI onset of action. I asked him if this has something to do with PSSD and he said:

"If augmented Gsalpha activation of adenylyl cyclase persisted, it would increase smooth muscle relaxation, potentiating erection."

Perhaps this adds nothing to our knowledge. But I thought I'd share just in case it does.
link11

Unread post by link11 »

ryjoseph97 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:21 am I reached out to Dr. Mark Rasenick, who claims (with evidence) that G proteins exiting from lipid rafts are the reason behind delayed SSRI onset of action. I asked him if this has something to do with PSSD and he said:

"If augmented Gsalpha activation of adenylyl cyclase persisted, it would increase smooth muscle relaxation, potentiating erection."

Perhaps this adds nothing to our knowledge. But I thought I'd share just in case it does.
Is he talking about 5ht1a specifically? Because everything I have read suggests that 5ht1a activation inhibits adenylate cyclase activity. Except in the hippocampus where it stimulates type 2. Otherwise studies say that 5ht1a is negatively coupled to cAMP, so this is what is confusing me. How are agonists increasing cAMP? Perhaps increased cAMP, at the level of 5ht1a at least, is not desirable
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

Ghost wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:55 pm Update on the writing:
I started reboxetine today, 2mg for GIRK antagonism. You think antagonizing and therefore upregulating GIRK might be a reasonable thing to try for PSSD? I feel a little sleepy, relaxed, and kinda high.

Ropinirole (1/2 a pill) increased my penis sensitivity and libido for about a week, but the medication side effects are too poisonous, bad/painful eye sight, chest pain.
Pramipexole also gave me serious eye pain and not much benefits so couldnt continue.

Been trying Seroquel for dopamine antagonism, every couple weeks, and to upregulate dopamine. I got decent morning erections back that way, and increased productivity. But Dopamine receptors upregulate permanently. Girk antagonism may not work that way.

Also curious to try Buspar for dopamine receptor antagonism and because of some success stories on these forums.
highman

Unread post by highman »

MisterCharlie wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:57 pm
Ghost wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:55 pm Update on the writing:
I started reboxetine today, 2mg for GIRK antagonism. You think antagonizing and therefore upregulating GIRK might be a reasonable thing to try for PSSD? I feel a little sleepy, relaxed, and kinda high.

Ropinirole (1/2 a pill) increased my penis sensitivity and libido for about a week, but the medication side effects are too poisonous, bad/painful eye sight, chest pain.
Pramipexole also gave me serious eye pain and not much benefits so couldnt continue.

Been trying Seroquel for dopamine antagonism, every couple weeks, and to upregulate dopamine. I got decent morning erections back that way, and increased productivity. But Dopamine receptors upregulate permanently. Girk antagonism may not work that way.

Also curious to try Buspar for dopamine receptor antagonism and because of some success stories on these forums.

Great information. Please inform us when you notice any positive changes.
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

Basically my experience last night was somewhat confusing. 2 mg reboxetine produced almost everything I would expect from a dose of ecstasy. Pleasant tingling all over, very relaxed, very sexual, feeling amazing. Contrary to ecstasy , 1 hr in it was impossible to get it up and I had two ejaculations while completely soft, the first one, i felt no orgasm, the second one, I did. Felt very cold, very sleepy, but I got brain zaps when I tried to go to sleep soon afterward that kept me up. About 2 to 2.5 hrs in, I felt anxious and some tighness in the chest. Got another brain zap while trying to fall asleep so I kept myself up for another 4 or 5 hrs doing chores around my apartment. Noticed some penis numbness, and brain tingling.

Would suggest starting at 1mg for other people trying reboxetine.

Expected sexual dysfunction from GIRK antagonism but hoping that GIRK receptor antagonism leads to upregulation. What would be an example of a GIRK receptor agonist?

Saw this on the GIRK wiki page: "A wide variety of G protein-coupled receptors activate GIRKs, including the M2-muscarinic, A1-adenosine, α2-adrenergic, D2-dopamine,
μ- δ-, and κ-opioid, 5-HT1A serotonin, somatostatin, galanin, m-Glu, GABAB, TAAR1, CB1 and CB2, and sphingosine-1-phosphate receptors"
highman

Unread post by highman »

Great information. Let us know if anything improves permanently. Where can you get this medication?