Stress (Symptoms/Treatment)

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Foxx

Re: Stress

Unread post by Foxx »

Ghost wrote:It could be from Testosterone peak at night too though.
Impossible. It's about noradrenergic system which takes the lead.

Also: Serotonin and the sleep/wake cycle: special emphasis on microdialysis studies.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10622375
In this view the level of extracellular serotonin would be consistent with the pattern of discharge of the DRN serotonergic neurons which show the highest firing rate during W, followed by a decrease in slow wave sleep and by virtual electrical silence during REM sleep.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Foxx wrote:
Ghost wrote:It could be from Testosterone peak at night too though.
Impossible. It's about noradrenergic system which takes the lead.

Also: Serotonin and the sleep/wake cycle: special emphasis on microdialysis studies.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10622375
In this view the level of extracellular serotonin would be consistent with the pattern of discharge of the DRN serotonergic neurons which show the highest firing rate during W, followed by a decrease in slow wave sleep and by virtual electrical silence during REM sleep.
It's not impossible, in fact it's far from it. Testosterone levels are highest in the morning...which could explain increase in morning wood. That's what I was responding to.

In response to the quote posted, that is quite interesting, and could also play a role in what we are seeing.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Foxx

Unread post by Foxx »

I agree that "background level" of testosterone and testosterone/estradiol ratio influences morning wood greatly, but I don't believe it's related to T morning peak directly.

Estradiol-17β increase serotonin transporter (SERT) mRNA levels and the density of SERT-binding sites in female rat brain
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 8X96002331

High-Dose Testosterone Treatment Increases Serotonin Transporter Binding in Transgender People
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 2314007094

..etc.

More testosterone, means more SERT, which means more sensitized 5-ht1a. I'm going to try NRIs which are reported to increase SERT (Ginkgo, Reboxetine) to solve this out. Mianserin 60mg with Ginkgo 720mg brought my genuine libido back within a month, so I'm perfectly certain I know my way out.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Foxx wrote:I agree that "background level" of testosterone and testosterone/estradiol ratio influences morning wood greatly, but I don't believe it's related to T morning peak directly.

Estradiol-17β increase serotonin transporter (SERT) mRNA levels and the density of SERT-binding sites in female rat brain
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 8X96002331

High-Dose Testosterone Treatment Increases Serotonin Transporter Binding in Transgender People
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 2314007094

..etc.

More testosterone, means more SERT, which means more sensitized 5-ht1a. I'm going to try NRIs which are reported to increase SERT (Ginkgo, Reboxetine) to solve this out. Mianserin 60mg with Ginkgo 720mg brought my genuine libido back within a month, so I'm perfectly certain I know my way out.
I responded positively to Ginkgo as well. I think it may be from a different action though. In my opinion it blocks stress-related desensitization of 5ht1a.

There is a cure to nearly every case of PSSD, and I think we are closing in on it from multiple directions. It will be different for everyone, but I'm glad you have found something that works. A year ago I was terrified that I would have PSSD forever. A year later I've learned so much, read so many papers, that I know some day I will find something. I've been placed in a very good situation to continue working on the PSSD project.

I appreciate the studies. Every bit of information and every disagreement over the causes of symptoms brings us all closer to figuring this out.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Tenyears27

Unread post by Tenyears27 »

I've completely eliminated stress from my life. I also picked up meditation again , and started running about two miles a day. I'm trying to be realistic and not sound like the boy who cried wolf. I'm noticing changes in my PSSD. I'm starting to have sporadic erections again. I woke up at 5am today and had a massive erection. And it wasn't kind of erect. It was rock hard. I couldn't even put it away so I could go to the restroom. I slept incredible. Had insane nightmares, something crazy and complicated, somehow Hillary Clinton (who I'm not a fan of) was in my dream and she was hitting on me. I kind of remember the dream and remember being turned on in the dream. Which is fucking disgusting I KNOW ! But wtf. . I woke up with a massive hard on.

Also, the cog fog I've been experiencing, mostly related with relating to people on an emotional level is starting to unravel itself. Meaning. ..... Im starting to be able to connect again. I'm pretty sure this is a part of the sexual stuff.

Also, this girl who's been stopping over gave me a look the other day and I started getting a woody. I was honestly terrified because I had no control of it. .

I'm pretty sure that my improved sleep and being able to relax and breath again kind of is giving me glimpses of how things always use to be.
Jones

Unread post by Jones »

I can totally relate. Few weeks ago i was super depressed- paniced. My pssd was worse than ever, my penis retracted to my body, 0 sensitivity, 0 pleasure when touching it. The more my pssd worsened, the more i paniced, and it went like that, an unbrakable circle. One day after i chilled down a bit ( benzo might helped too), i woke up and my genitals were full! That helped me to feel even calmer and the next day i woke up with a full , hard morning wood! I realized the huge role of anxiety and i kept on trying to keep myself cool. Few days later my genitals were full, my arousal and erections were acceptable and i had some libido! Damn, i would never imagine that stress would add so much to pssd, but it is true and its really important to keep stress- less to reach maximum recovery.
PSSD after 9 days on cipralex 10mg (escitalopram), July 2013.
Had sexual sides from the first dose. Developed full pssd after i stopped.
Slowly improved to 70% of normal within 3.5 years.
"Crashed" again on April 2017.
Severe pssd again.