My experience

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
raskolnikov

My experience

Unread post by raskolnikov »

Hi, guys, whats up?

I'm new here, and I'd like to share my experience. I'm not a native english speaker, so... sorry about the grammar issues.

I'm a 26 years old male. I don't smoke and I drink just one or two times weekly. I take Ritalin (methylphenidate), 20mg, every day but sundays, since I was 16. Took ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE minimum dosage for 3 months and started to have sexual disfunction. This is just a summary, I'll explain in details what happened and how I'm trying to solve this problem.

It all started last year, July or August, maybe. I had depression and some panic attacks due to my diary routine. I've always been an anxious person, but never had experienced something like that. I decided to see a doctor when one day I was cutting my hair and had a panic attack with no reason. Doctor (same one who gives me the ritalin) prescribed escitalopram oxalate. I took diary low doses for three months and it was awesome: the depression symptoms vanished, and had no panic attacks anymore. More: I became some kind of "god of sex" for a while. That's because I coudn't have an orgasm. My natural intercourse used to last somethin between 5 to 10 minutes (first of the day, the second lasts 30 minutes or more). With the SSRI, I coud have sex for more than one hour (first of the day) in a rough rytmm without the premature ejaculation worry. There's another funny thing I'd like to share: the interaction between ritalin and the SSRI. The SSRI had a positive impact over the ritalin side effects. I never had the ritalin "comedown" since I took my first SSRI pill, and, funny thing, I stopped the SSRI last year and the changes made by it in my body are still helping somehow. So, at a first moment, SSRI was awesome.

But, well, there's a turning point. After some days, I started havind difficult to mantain my erection. And the situation went to a point where I coudn't even have a complete erection. This time is when I call the doctor and explain desperately whats happening. We decided to stop the escitalopram oxalate and see what happens. One month passed and my libido and erection did'n improve a bit. I also had little brain fog and muscular weakness. Phoned the doctor again and he wanted a endocrine blood test.

I did the lab test and we found something. At this point I'd like to apologize, because I don't have the exactly numbers here, but I have them and I can share if you think it's a good idea. So, to the point: I had something like 200 ng/dl testosterone, which is a ridiculous number for a man at my age, and had also high prolactin. Free T was also very low. I did two other blood lab tests to confirm, and both showed low T and high prolactin.

I decided to start a TRT because at this point I was desperate and just wanted my penis back. Endocrinologist prescribed Nebido. Took the first injection and in one week my libido was back. I can say my libido went back to the exact point it used to be before the SSRI, and my erection quality went back do something like 70% it was before. Before nebido I tried maca root and some other vitamins, nothing worked. Well, testosterone worked!

But I was still not happy. As I said, my erection improved, but not to the point it used to be. Nebido is expensive, the injection hurts like hell and the worst: I did a spermogram (don't know if this is the word in english) and discovered that my 6 TRT months gave me an azoospermia. Not a single spermatozoon. In order to reverse this, I went to a good urologist and we decided to quit Nebido and start a HCG monotheraphy, since I want to have children and don't want to take injections all my hole life.

The thing is: here in my country HCG is really difficult do find. We can bay just 5.000 UI ones, that's a lot for a single dose. Anyway, my protocol is: HCG 5.000 U.I. I.M. every 10 days, six times. I'm about to take my 5th shot. After the 6th I'll wait some days and do some lab tests again. What we are trying to do, I think, is to reset the HPTA axis, like gym AAS guys do. The huge amount of HCG gave me high estradiol sympthoms, which I'm controlling by myself (doctor didn't take me serious when I phoned him) with anastrozole (small doses). My sex drive is worst with the HCG than it was with the Nebido, but my penis still works. Bad, hahaha, but works. And anastrozole is helping with this issue, but this medication has a lot of side effects. And yes, I'm still on ritalin.

Well, I don't know what to expect. I'm a young man. I don't have depression or panic attacks anymore, even after discontinuing SSRI's use. I think this medicine changed something inside my brain, and I have some evidences of this, like the ritalin side effects, that changed a lot for better after SSRI's. I know that the sexual problems have something related to hormones and I'm trying to reset this area, but I don't know exactly how it will happen.

I'd like to apologize again for the grammar mistakes, I really pushed myself to write this because I wanted people who experience PSSD to read my story. I'll keep this thread updated. Everyone who wants to give an opinion or ask a question is welcome.
hs1312

Re: My experience

Unread post by hs1312 »

Hi How are your symptoms now. And how is the Testosterone therapy going
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22