Breathing Manually (Trouble Breathing Correctly)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Choco

Breathing Manually (Trouble Breathing Correctly)

Unread post by Choco »

Ever since I went cold turkey of Zoloft 4 years ago I have trouble with shallow breathing. I have to put the effort to breath concisely in a balanced way always, or else I think I'm going to die or pass out if I don't. Whenever I have tried to lose control and let my body breathe automatically I start to breathe very shallowly and fast or I end up holding my breath. I think that the SSRI might have damage my nervous system somehow but I'm not sure.(crossing fingers that its not the case) Can anyone relate to this?

Side Note:Last year I woke up breathing shallow but very fast almost like if I was hyperventilating or something, being able to feel very anxious and fearful (Fearful-if I remember correctly..) with unwanted toughts of hurting someone/felt like I was losing my mind. I was able to regain control and calm myself in the end.. what was interesting was that during this episode I felt like the "old me again" and felt more present oddly enough. I was in touch with my emotional self which felt completely underdeveloped with my current way of thinking , basically feeling disconnected between the two and feeling like I had two personalities, it was truly odd but I think I might have found the key towards healing. I'm starting to think that I have "suppressed" withdrawal symptoms that are "unresolved" since I went going cold turkey.
victorpl

Re: Breathing Manually (Trouble Breathing Correctly)

Unread post by victorpl »

Hi,

I know it has been a while, but I have simmilar symptoms. I took paroxetine for 9 days and this is one of symptoms I have. Did it go away?
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

I have the same symptom for 4 years. The breathing is very strange. Manual breathing is perfect explanation.
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Used to have this too, also many heart palpatations. Probably induced by stress/anxiety. When i became more anhedonic through the keto diet it also left.
Charm the Snake

Unread post by Charm the Snake »

my breathing also changed
more shallow/diaphragm feels to be pushing upwards.
It's become better lately though
My vocal cords have also been affected by duloxetine, I cannot control them correctly and many times during the day my voice becomes breathy and tired. i hate it so much.
victim of snri's since october 2013. its become better but nowhere near what I was before.