I am working on a solution in my own way

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
fasttrack1982

Unread post by fasttrack1982 »

So I am a random poster, I have had PSSD for almost four years now with no changes or improvements. I just want to let everyone know that I am a successfull businessman, and at 35 I am trying to make some moves that will make a millionaire multiple times over by the time i'm forty. If i am successfull, I am willing to be the financial backer of the PSSD efforts.

I just want to put it out there as hope to those that feel hopeless; just as there are people with PSSD like Ghost and Corragio who are going into medicine, there are people like me with PSSD who could be the funding sources in the near future of serious pssd research. Everyone can contribute in their own way.
Bear

Re: I am working on a solution in my own way

Unread post by Bear »

If what you are saying is true, it would be amazing for us to create links outside of these forums and try and get some research done. I just joined these forums, but after perusing for some time I've released that this group has incredible solidarity and understanding of each other's pain. It would not surprise me at all if together we can work one step at a time to heal a broken limb in this post-SSRI world.
fablecloth

Unread post by fablecloth »

You're right about everyone contributing in their own way. Good on you, mate.

We're all in this together. The more we come together and support each other, the sooner we'll be rid of this nightmare.

Let's keep taking active steps to break new ground.
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

Man, I wish I had some money to contribute. I've only told one person I know about all of this, I told her that I would give up every single thing I have and every dollar just to make my PSSD even 50% better! That's cool of you to say though and we all appreciate it. I also think Coraggio and Ghost are doing a great job. All we can do is keep posting, trying things, be very patient and most importantly, enjoy life by learning to cope. I try to post as much as I can but I must say, I find it hard to understand why there are so little people posting. I can't figure out if this is ultra rare or if people just don't realize they have it.
Timm Thaler

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

Glitch wrote:... I find it hard to understand why there are so little people posting. I can't figure out if this is ultra rare or if people just don't realize they have it.
Good question, I think A LOT OF PEOPLE are not aware.

I discovered another way of contributing! I stumbled on it when googling and investigating about estradiol and progesterone. On a national forum on womens issues I came across a post of a woman that described exactly the PSSD symptoms and was thinking it was her hormones that were wrong. I posted a reply asking her if she had ever taken ADs in the past and if her symptoms appeared at the time when she was taking ADs or after she stopped taking them. If so, she might want to google PSSD...

She never posted a reply, but I think, the thread might be read by many other women and who knows who it might get start thinking...

I decided to keep posting along those lines whenever I come across a post like that in the future.
Glitch

Unread post by Glitch »

The fuck? I wish she would have replied. I want to see what she'd say. I've actually seen some stuff about PSSD on Bodybuilding.com's forums. They even referred to it as PSSD.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

A great thread.

I'm so happy that you are willing to help the PSSD community in such a large way.

Initiative like this is what we need.

Not everyone has a background in science. Not everyone has a background in business. Not everyone is a lawyer. Not everyone has plenty of free-time. Not everyone is a good writer.

Everyone needs to be 100% dedicated to curing PSSD.

I applaud researchers looking into our condition, but I believe that we need to work from within if we want to make this right. If you're reading this, know that no one will do what you can do best for you. It needs to be from within yourself. We all must contribute in our own ways.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Choco

Unread post by Choco »

fasttrack1982 wrote:So I am a random poster, I have had PSSD for almost four years now with no changes or improvements. I just want to let everyone know that I am a successfull businessman, and at 35 I am trying to make some moves that will make a millionaire multiple times over by the time i'm forty. If i am successfull, I am willing to be the financial backer of the PSSD efforts.

I just want to put it out there as hope to those that feel hopeless; just as there are people with PSSD like Ghost and Corragio who are going into medicine, there are people like me with PSSD who could be the funding sources in the near future of serious pssd research. Everyone can contribute in their own way.
You savage :) that's badass that you are willing to fund for research to find a cure for this.
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Post moved to General
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Serabies

Unread post by Serabies »

Glitch wrote:I find it hard to understand why there are so little people posting.
- It's almost impossible to become a member here. It took me 3 years and 3 registration attempts to join.

- PSSD isn't really a thing that exists on its own.It comes with anhedonia, anxiety, sensory issues, metabolic issues, you name it. It is better described as post SSRI syndrome. Focusing on the sexual part excludes a lot of people for whom it is not the main concern (though they are dealing with the same condition).This is especially true of women.

- The atmosphere here is very negative and there are a number of abrasive personalities. With issues like this, people are looking for positivity, emotional support, and hope, as well as science and treatments. That's not allowed here.

For all we know a bunch of people have figured out a way to get through this or have some interesting stories, but we'll never know. This forum could be a much different place if it wanted to be.