Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Timm Thaler

Re: low dose ssri

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

Half-life: I was planning on Fluoxetin, but it has a half-life of 4 to 6 days (the longest half-life of all SSRIs), this worries me a lot! Not sure, if I should do this.

@Jaxx: did you restart your trial? Do you stay with Paxil? I guess without Buspar this time?

Does anybody know: When taking the crushed powder sublingual, will it be absorbed differently then when swallowed? Like going to the blood-stream via the mucous membrane and not being metabolized via the liver?
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Picking it up again this week with paxil, indeed without buspar. I think this low SSRI thing is alot like the re-calibrating theory that propecia-users are mentioning.
iggy131313

Unread post by iggy131313 »

Let me just out my 2 pence in here...

Why I think this is working is that it is kindling the nmda receptors and causing up regulation, the most important part of this would be the on/off on/off pattern, take for a week or 4 days then stop for a week or so, the. Take again, doing this will upregulate receptors due to the kindling phenomenon.

I do believe that pssd is a mass diwnregulation of nmda receptors, I didn't used to think that but I do now, for many reasons.
IHateProzac

Unread post by IHateProzac »

Timm Thaler wrote:Half-life: I was planning on Fluoxetin, but it has a half-life of 4 to 6 days (the longest half-life of all SSRIs), this worries me a lot! Not sure, if I should do this.

@Jaxx: did you restart your trial? Do you stay with Paxil? I guess without Buspar this time?

Does anybody know: When taking the crushed powder sublingual, will it be absorbed differently then when swallowed? Like going to the blood-stream via the mucous membrane and not being metabolized via the liver?
Fluoxetine has me worried too. I got my PSSD from Prozac. Going back to it scares me. I might lose the slightest bit of recovery I have gained in past few years. I did once start low dose Sert/Zoloft but did nothing for me. So, I am guessing it has to be the drug that started it all.
Timm Thaler

I was looking into Paroxetine (Paxil) as an alternative and found
a) Paroxetine is used to treat (...) AND PREMENSTRUAL DYSPHORIC DISORDER (PMDD)! Guys, PMDD happens in the second half of the cycle, when progesterone is produced, while E2 decreases!
b) The Brisdelle brand of paroxetine is used to treat hot flashes related to menopause. Hot flashes in menopause can appear when the E2 level drops tremendously. Brisdelle is 7.5 mg per capsule, standard dose for psychiatric disorders is 20 to max. 60.
omar90

Unread post by omar90 »

And micro doses of prozac helps with PMS

https://amp.theguardian.com/science/201 ... prozac-pms

Our problem is that we've had high doses often administered for long periods of time and then withdrawn them from our bodies which has left us in a hormonal mess.
Fluoxetine 2008-13, PSSD thereafter

Condition worsened after 4 weeks on Setraline in 2014
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Foxx wrote:You guys don't know how terrible PSSD is.
That was haunting to read, I always feel like I don't really know how bad things are. Hope you are doing ok, a year ago when my resilience wasn't as strong and I was feeling suicidal I remember very clearly that it was one of your comments that kept me on the path
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

So, after saying I would never touch an SSRI again, desperation has led me here. Sexually, I have nothing to loose.

All I have available is Sertraline, from an old prescription I never took. My pills are 50mg so I have been taking 1/4 (13mg approx) as that is as small as I'm able to cut them. I have no idea if that dose is too high but I can't face the whole thing of trying to get back to my drs to get a smaller dose. I will of course update
Timm Thaler

Have you tried crushing it as much as you can and then check if it is soluable in water?
If there won't be any remains on the bottom of the glas, tuen it is a good way to get lower doses.
But not all are soluable.
If there is a coating though, you can scratch that off before, if this is the part, that is not soluable.
13mg seems a bit much if 50 mg is the standard therapeutical dose and you want low sosing.
1/10th to 1/20 is, what I aim at.
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

KK88 I really think that's way too high a dose considering that the starting dose for Sertraline can be 25mg, and people have got PSSD from one pill of that.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature