PSSD Symptoms (Official Thread)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Juvo

Re: anhedonia

Unread post by Juvo »

Shadow wrote:I no longer have anhedonia, just my old depression and anxiety.Music sounds good again, showers feel great and my hearing has returned fully. Most of my symptoms are gone like dry mouth and the pressure in my head. Sleeping returned and some sexual issues due to maybe anxiety and hormonal imbalances which will be fixed. You have to stop obsession of PSSD. It's not going to get better worrying about it and posting here everyday. Pssd is not permanent in my opinion, at least in "my reality". I never accepted this condition. Keep fighting for your life. I truly hope the studies pinpoint the problem and come up with a solution.I really hope all of you recover. For me meditation is the key to open the door to recovery, diet are the shoes you put on for the journey, mindset is the vehicle you need to make the journey. I will take a break from this site, maybe for good. Thank you for the positive posts and Ghost and Sonny. I know you might not want to hear from this but research the nature of thoughts and how they shape your reality. It changed my life and paved the way for my recovery. Also I reached out to tenyears27 and he gave me some great advice. Good guy. I wish all of you the best.
Thanks shadow. I wish there were more posts like this on here. The mind is powerful and can shape your reality.
anxietor

Re: PSSD Symptoms (Official Thread)

Unread post by anxietor »

I’m also suffering from prostatitis/CPPS. Never had any symptoms of it before taking lexapro. I don’t often feel pain in my perineum(it comes and goes fairly quick), but I have other symptoms like pain after urination. Most of the time my penis feels sore, and somewhat painful. Other times it goes numb. This usually happens after a bowel movement. Ejaculation is always either painful, or weak. I’m sorry if this is an uncomfortable amount of detail.

I’ve noticed a few parallels between the symptoms/patterns described by CPPS sufferers and PSSD sufferers. For example, I’ve heard people from both groups talk about how cold weather aggravates their symptoms. I’ve heard at least one person on a CPPS forum describe their penis as feeling numb. Turmeric and zinc seem to help both camps. Also both conditions are aggravated by stress.

I’m not suggesting that PSSD is just CPPS, as obviously there are many aspects of the former that cannot be explained by the latter, but the parallels are sort of interesting.

The question thats been on the forefront of my mind is basically how do I know if my condition is due to persistent changes in my neurotransmitter systems, or if my problem is purely urogenital at this point? Do I have traditional PSSD(5ht1a desensitization) at all or is this being caused by something else entirely? I mean, I know lexapro induced my condition, but perhaps it did so by a very different mechanism. I went through a ton of stress and anxiety in the six days I took lexapro, and I know I have a tendency to tense my pelvic muscles during stress. Perhaps that’s all there is too it; I was clenching harder than ever, and I damaged the nerves. The thing is though, my sexual problems seem to be a lot more severe and persistent than the typical CPPS sufferer. That leads me to believe that there’s more to it.

Anyway, I plan on getting a blood test soon to explore the possibility of a hormonal disorder like hyperprolactinemia(that would explain the chronic penile soreness, and I know that SSRIs increase prolactin). I’ve speculated endlessly on what might be happening-- Too much DHT, not enough DHT( since I took accutane in the past) too much cortisol, not enough testosterone, thyroid dysfunction etc... Guess there’s really no point since I can’t possibly know without a test.

I’ve been extremely depressed, stressed out, angry, and confused since the start of this. My doctor has been of no help at all, and just wants to tell me that it’s psychological. I can’t figure this out on my own. You guys are my only hope.
Miguel29

Restless Leg Syndrome

Unread post by Miguel29 »

Curious to hear if anyone here has Restless Leg Syndrome. Basically just short involuntary leg spasms just before or during sleep.

I never had it until I was on Quietapine for a short time frame now I have it a couple of times a month. I've read it's linked to ED and low libido due to being linked to insufficient dopamine levels. Is this just me?
Ghost

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome

Unread post by Ghost »

I have/had it. I think it's gotten a bit better over the years, but might still be there to a degree.

I saw a neurologist who claimed that restless legs is actually different, in that it more leads to leg discomfort than twitching.

Note that some twitching is normal when entering sleep. A hypnagogic jerk occurs when you are going into early sleep states. You're actually asleep well before you realize it. If someone wakes you in early sleep you actually would tell them that you were awake the entire time, but your brain recordings would signal otherwise. When you have this jerking right before what you think is sleep, you are probably already in the first stages of sleep without even noticing, and this is normal and most people notice it every so often.

You can actually tell when someone falls asleep because they will usually begin twitching for a few minutes.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Miguel29

Unread post by Miguel29 »

Thanks for the reply Ghost. I find it strange that I never had this until I took Quietapine. Sometimes it can keep me up for about an hour of continuous spasms. I might try a DA and see if there's anything to it.
continue

Unread post by continue »

Restless leg syndrome is magnesium deficiency. It's easily corrected through supplementation.
iggy131313

Can you feel fear, anxiety or panic?

Unread post by iggy131313 »

To those who had panic attacks before pssd started or social anxiety or didn't have them but feel like answering anyway...

Do you no longer feel those sensation of panic or terror or anxiety? This is very important...I'm not talking about depression. Just the panic and anxiety...

And also how about dreams?
Kk88

Re: Can you feel fear, anxiety or panic?

Unread post by Kk88 »

My anxiety problems started after I developed PSSD
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

On periods when emotions windows close I am unable to feel any of them, including sad,anxiety, panic, everything. Even my spontaneously emerged thoughts disappear.

This is just nothing but pharmaceutically induced the frontal syndrome. I said and I'll repeat over and over that it has nothing to do with depression, which is more characterised by lack of emotional reactivity ( but not absence of ) wherein the feeling of persistent saddens replaces other emotions but whole emotional processes are running, even in more robust way in some cases
iggy131313

Unread post by iggy131313 »

Kk88 can you elaborate, do you also have emotional loss?

Sylv what has triggered your windows of feeling emotions again?