PSSD Symptoms (Official Thread)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
iggy131313

Re: Can you feel fear, anxiety or panic?

Unread post by iggy131313 »

No one seems to listen to me when I say that I believe pssd and anhedonia is caused by nmda downregulation...look at the evidence, fear, anxiety, panic not there any more...that's glutamate....why can't men get a hard on when they are drunk? Bloody nmda blockade that's why...

People should try kindling themselves or taking nmda antagonists
Ghost

Re: PSSD Symptoms (Official Thread)

Unread post by Ghost »

Topics merged 8/9/17
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Janie

Unread post by Janie »

Hi Iggy,

Although I wasn't prescribed SSRI for anxiety or panic, which I never had, I definitely know what you are talking about. I'm unable to feel even a healthy level of anxiety after SSRI. I noticed it first around 3 weeks after stopping the drug, when the protracted withdrawal started for me and I lost my emotions as well. It was very severe for like 10-12 months, still persisting though. A plan could have crashed in front of me and I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of excitement. I know and feel it is somehow interconnected with not able to feel any physical excitement sexually neither, and probably also with emotional blunting. I'm definitely interested in your theory, but unfortunately I don't know anything currently about NMDA receptors.
smashingfloyd1

Unread post by smashingfloyd1 »

When I first heard of pssd it scared the hell out of me. I was almost finished with these poisonous drugs once for and all and, I was so proud of myself, only to come across all of these true horror stories that made me want to die. Based on how much I’ve improved since then it looks like I am not one those people. Thank God! I want to help all of you. So please listen up, it is quite simple. I was put on drug after drug without a diagnoses (its along story) when I was a teenager. Then the drugs began to add up. I was on five at once and they were always changing. I lost interest in sex senior year of high school. “Doctors” would say it most likely wasn’t the drugs. Very small percent chance they’d say, one after the other. They also never told me that that these drugs could cause symptoms that could be mistaken for so called disorders. I was in and out of hospitals because of the drugs alone. I walked around zombified. I had all sorts of side effects these hacks did not have the guts to fess up to. Even when I showed them claims of these side effects being real, they went back to it being a very tiny percent chance, highly unlikely. These drugs put me in situations that should have killed me. What bothered me most was when girls were coming onto me in college and afterwards I was not attracted to them, when I knew damn right I would have been. I was scared to death. Movies and cartoons were my salvation. I also prayed a lot of course. I dated one girl. I had sex a few times with her and was real proud. But it wasn’t easy to accomplish. She eventually cheated on me and married someone else. I worked real hard in order to get off these drugs. I was ridiculed for that. Told I was going to kill myself and my parents jumped on every little thing I did. They would bully me instantly into getting back on them. I eventually said screw what others say and suffered through my struggles. I was a walking, talking ragdoll to others through my withdrawals. Everyone took a piece. I kept going. I finally went on herbal supplements, only. Then went back on one med for six months, then got off and went through a long rough year of withdrawals, suicidal fantasies, hatred towards my family, and a readjustment altogether to the world around me, where all trauma from my past hit me harder than ever before, followed by careless reactions from certain loved ones. I prayed and prayed. I was lifeless, lost interest in all. I told myself even though I am poor I was going to find a way to move to a desirable city away from my hell, where I could find women who are more like me and help the bitterness go away. I put all my focus on recovering so I could do that, instead of the sex drive. I met with a natural therapist who told me about what a scam psychiatry is. I did research. Learned of all the misdiagnoses, all the corruption altogether. My diagnoses wasn’t even official. What my parents were told was when I was on drugs. I ran into the therapist from high school who sold me down the river and tried to forgive him, but couldn’t. He showed he didn’t care. Though I don’t think he completely understand ALL that I was I saying, he was pretty old. I could tell he had been thinking about his death, wondering where he’ll be going, when I assured him where exactly that will be and who he needs to remember on his death bed. I left him small and withered. I also saw the natural therapist for a few sessions. Told me what I needed to know, then I took the rest in my own hands. I listened to angry music and joel osteen (I know hes a sayer, not a doer, but I do like what he says at least). I kept praying. Anyway, heres what I did. Real easy. I heard exitol (I think that’s what its called) and mucuna priens and acupuncture and Asian ginseng helps, well not me. Asian ginseng wasn’t bad though, just wasn’t needed, and it added to my rage. Fruits, vegetables (especially things like kale), running, meditation, multivitamins, omega 3 capsules (vitamin shoppe, not retail) and fish, detox teas, and swallowing a spoon of PURE (like from a vitamin shoppe or fruitful yield) coconut oil. Retail store versions have fillers, stay away. I also have a lot spiritual faith in God, without being all about conformity. Im not trying to convert anyone, just saying you need your faith in something. I have erections again and sexual desire when I see naked women. Im still improving. But damn am I Improving. My biggest struggle is to not look at human beings negatively after this awful experience. Easier said than done. But when I remind myself that I am not alone in this world and that there are plenty of kind open minded human beings in this world, I feel better and can enjoy things better. Then the stress eases and I feel more sexually aroused. Occassionally I would drink alcohol and that would slow the process. But hey, im only human and this was tough. Especailly when piles of journals are my only therapist now. Still much better than the one I had after high school for far too long, a pill pusher as well. Cared moe about his psychiatry buddies. I suppose I was too drugged to notice at the time. Im in my thirties now and I got what I was after. What I thought would be impossible. I just have to stay positive to keep improving even more. I believe I had temporary brain damage, which has now come a long way. I eat blueberries, sometimes drink ginko decaf green tea, read more, play free brain exercise games online, I still have ways to go, but it is THE way to go, I know that. its been over a year now since ive been off drugs. Patience is a virtue. I know this was long, but its important. Such a simple solution, but much harder to put into action for many, so it seems. I made up with my family too. that wasn’t easy, until I reminded myself how fortunate I was and that I should just let go of my grudge. Slows me down. Its not a battle worth fighting. When my mom carelessly told me “yeah well eventually you need to get over this and move forward,” her WORDS were right, but forgot to mention that in order to do that I need to take note of what ive learned from all this (and her) when letting go of that pain. I forgive her in many ways, in others I just take pity. Anyway, Good luck everyone. I wish you all the best. I promised God I would write this if I made it through, I hope this helps at least somebody. You just have to dedicate yourself through the process. Finding outlets like movies and books and such certainly helps too. i am beging to float back into my body and be myself again. starting to have human emotions again, other than just rage. A year is actually pretty good for this. Again, good luck. I sincerely wish you all the best. Ps-consume NOTHING unhealthy! This is the key. These drugs block the vitamins and nutrients you need. So now that that are out, take advantage!---im dropping this off where ever i can here and there because i really want people to see it, so i apologize if you get tired of finding it.
Dark0047

Unread post by Dark0047 »

Can someone please tell me if all part of the glans is insensitive/low sensitive or only some part of it is like that? Can you tell me which part of the glans is insensitive and which parts have sensitivity?
JayR

Re: Diarrhoea and serotonin

Unread post by JayR »

Extrifformy wrote:Boost your healthy bacteria by taking probiotics. These come in powders, capsules and drinks (but the last cost more and can be sugary). There are two strains you need – A for acidophilus and B for bifido bacteria.
Glutamine is your gut’s best friend. It’s an amino acid that heals your digestive tract. Often prescribed after gastrointenstinal surgery, it speeds up repair after an infection, antibiotics or excess alcohol.
Serotonin cause diarrhea by increasing muscle (intestinal) contractions and bowel transit. Mostly by 5-HT3/5-HT4 receptors.
anxietor

Unread post by anxietor »

So is anyone else's function affected by urination or bowel movements? my penis shrivels up and dies after both(especially after bowel movements) and stays in this state for hours. If I have a particularly uncomfortable bowel movement, I'll be completely dead down there the entire next day. If I pee too many times in a short period.. same thing. I know this is graphic, but I just want to know if anyone else has similar issues.
gianno121

Extreme atrophy/penile shrinking! Does anybody experiences THe Same?

Unread post by gianno121 »

Hello everybody,

In the months my penile shrinkage become worse. Believe me it's nothing psychological. I measured it an in THe Last 4 months it became 30% thinner and 1.5 cm Shorter. Is THe shrinkage Maybe so Bad because i have a "grower" Penis? Even my girlfriend asked me what Happened To my penis. It's too fucking bad.
Jones

Re: Extreme atrophy/penile shrinking! Does anybody experiences THe Same?

Unread post by Jones »

Penile atrophy was one of my most prominent and persistant symptoms since i got pssd.

Even when i had recovered a lot of function and was doing good in other areas, shrinkage when flaccid was still an issue.

Im a grower too, but i dont know if that plays role.

Sometimes now I get great relief, especially at nights. However, even though my penis looks big and full, it feels empty, soft and light.

Same with testicles, either they fully retract to the body, or drop down low feeling numb and loose.

Stress and smoking seems to make the shrinkage problem worse for me.

Sildenafil always fixed this completely temporarily. For the penis at least. I also used to dress up quickly after sex because of this, and my gf back then hadnt noticed much. She didnt know me before pssd, so she would think that i had a tiny flaccid penis, and i would despise that lol.

Try to relax and take warm baths.
PSSD after 9 days on cipralex 10mg (escitalopram), July 2013.
Had sexual sides from the first dose. Developed full pssd after i stopped.
Slowly improved to 70% of normal within 3.5 years.
"Crashed" again on April 2017.
Severe pssd again.
marsupial

Re: Extreme atrophy/penile shrinking! Does anybody experiences THe Same?

Unread post by marsupial »

Is your orgasm retarded??