How close we are to find a cure in your opinion?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Dark0047

How close we are to find a cure in your opinion?

Unread post by Dark0047 »

Guys, I am running out of patience. I don't know what to do anymore. It's been 5 months my life has been hell. I can't sleep, I can't function, I wake up with panic attack obsessing about my PSSD. I am so suicidal over this. I tried a lot of different things but none worked. When will a cure be found for this condition? Can RxISK find a cure this year? Is there any research being done? Please tell me when a cure will be found for this?
sjv16477

Re: How close we are to find a cure in your opinion?

Unread post by sjv16477 »

We are probably decades away from finding a pharmacological cure for PSSD. No one really know how brain works, what caused PSSD and so no one know what is the target for a cure and which drug could do it.
There could be only symptomatic treatments, in my opinion the only drugs that could lead to substantial improvements are the one that target dopamine system so dopamine agonists, stimulants like Adderal or Methylphenidate (that also in a study showed to improve symptoms). The only near-to a cure treatment in my opinion is only deep brain stimulation of the septum (http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1540).
Whyme11

Unread post by Whyme11 »

Even a researcher are unable to find a medicine for libido enhancer,not a single medicine Is approved by FDA for libido
What can be done is bringing back our body to pre ssri state by following
1 Try to sleep during night at normal time span
2 Eat Clean,don't eat pizza ,cold drink, alcohol etc
3Do regular exercise
4Meditation
5Drinking water at regular intervals
6Deep breathing
7Folic acid through foods
8Try to minimize fap
9Try to avoid or minimize a sleep during day
10Keeping stomach clean
And be patience because a Sudden arousal can get after a certain day.This may or may not provide improvement but atleast it must be tried.
Choco

Unread post by Choco »

Even a researcher are unable to find a medicine for libido enhancer,not a single medicine Is approved by FDA for libido
What can be done is bringing back our body to pre ssri state by following
1 Try to sleep during night at normal time span
2 Eat Clean,don't eat pizza ,cold drink, alcohol etc
3Do regular exercise
4Meditation
5Drinking water at regular intervals
6Deep breathing
7Folic acid through foods
8Try to minimize fap
9Try to avoid or minimize a sleep during day
10Keeping stomach clean
And be patience because a Sudden arousal can get after a certain day.This may or may not provide improvement but atleast it must be tried.
Great advice

Dark0047 all of us here can relate to you, it is hell but you are not alone.
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Honestly, I don't think anyone's really researching pssd.. so I wouldn't count on any breakthrough study or medication within the foreseeable future.

This forum and its members are the only real hope to getting our lives back on track. We all need to experiment and try different things
buffkin14

-

Unread post by buffkin14 »

-
Last edited by buffkin14 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark0047

Unread post by Dark0047 »

buffkin14 wrote:i would give anything to go back in time and not take this shit that ruined my life
You can't believe how much I want to do so too. I fucking regret for taking those fucking shit. I only took them for 14 days and now I am fucked forever. I am not going to live like this for the rest of my life. I should either recover or end this misery. Would you mind if I ask you how old you are and if you are suicidal?
Jones

Unread post by Jones »

I totally agree with Whyme and alteredhomeostasis.

Dark, as far as i know you dont experience symptoms such as low libido or e.d, and still youre over-obsessing this and making other people desperate too.

Not too long ago you weren't even sure if you have pssd or not, and now you're suicidal over this?

Just because a part of your glance is insensitive, it is worth to take away your own life?

What should we guys do that have our whole sexualities damaged and have been suffering for years?
PSSD after 9 days on cipralex 10mg (escitalopram), July 2013.
Had sexual sides from the first dose. Developed full pssd after i stopped.
Slowly improved to 70% of normal within 3.5 years.
"Crashed" again on April 2017.
Severe pssd again.
north4

Unread post by north4 »

i wasted the first two years(now 11 years) with the state of mind:"lets wait someone else will find cure"... in yahoo group maybe 99% think in same way. you can imagine the result....

wait for some doctor research team only can start when we contact some doctors otherwise nobody will know. (mass email send is an option)... but one person cant do this we need to
spilt tasks.

best way in my opionon is "try and error"... we are 500 people here. when only the half will start trying we will have a solution chance².(one drug/therapy month isnt to much request?!)
Whatsapp join https://thinfi.com/cck5 password: pssd
Facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/postssrisexdysfunction
https://youtu.be/BIVe6Uf5pn8

PLEASE REGISTER TO FORUM AND WRITE YOUR STORY - TAKE PART IN TRAIL AND ERROR
shadowMan

Unread post by shadowMan »

Hey Dark, hang on buddy, I know very well how hard it is, I have a LOT of other symptoms besides the sexual one, there are days that I feel very bad, but I will try to beat this shit till the end!

Regarding a "cure", if your definition of, is a targeted drug, I doubt that it will appear soon, the process until a drug release is very slow. A research takes time, needs to follow a lot of rules to be accepted by the scientific community.

BUT, if you dont care about recognition, only a cure, its just a matter of gathering some smart ass guys, start researching and experimenting. I saw a similar approach when I met the PFS sufferers, they arent chasing a "drug" as a cure, but a protocol/therapy.