Nutritional approach for healing PSSD

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
continue

Nutritional approach for healing PSSD

Unread post by continue »

Here is something that makes results rapidly:

- salt (table salt, sea salt, baking soda... it DOESN'T MATTER: we need SODIUM!)
- magnesium 500 mg daily (should be supplemented, since our soil is deprived of it and we can get enough from food)
- copper 3 mg daily (can be taking from 80 g 100% cocoa organic chocolate)
- retinol from 1 beef liver weekly (retinol is the antidote for SSRIs)
- 1 raw carrot daily for antagonizing estrogen
- low carb high saturated fat Paleo diet for inhibiting tryptophan absorption
- collagen (from supplementation or cooked food in bone broth) for antagonizing tryptophan

It's tricky to find the correct dose of sodium, magnesium and copper. For example, sodium improves PSSD symptoms almost immediately, but if we are depleted of magnesium it will soon exacerbate the norepinephrine release and develop into anxiety with high blood pressure: a condition very similar to my anxiety before taking SSRIs (it seems that a good doctor could have cured me giving me magnesium instead of Prozac). Finding the correct magnesium dose will make sodium supplementation safe: I'm eating very salty food and supplementing 5 g of sea salt daily, and my blood pressure is 12/7. But too much magnesium can make me feel anhedonic again.

Sodium and low carb will also increase copper absorption. Maybe dosage should be slowly built up from 40 g cocoa. Sodium makes the body retain more magnesium, so maybe magnesium dosage should be lower also.

Possible scientific explanation for our mineral/vitamin depletion: SSRI made our bodies react strongly for the maddening release of serotonin. We needed too much copper for creating norepinephrine for antagonizing serotonin. Our modern diet naturally lacks magnesium, copper and vitamin A (we would be depleted of them sooner or later in life). Vitamin A antagonizes serotonin and increases 5-ht1a receptors in brain. Magnesium also increases 5-ht1a and keeps them. The time needed for everyone do develop PSSD is related to the lifestyle and previous storage of these mineral/vitamins. And we could also be deprived of some of them (like I probably was of magnesium) when we were first diagnosed with depression/anxiety.

Another evidence for our copper deficiency is that NIACIN supplementation improves PSSD symptoms, and copper is needed for converting tryptophan into niacin: without enough copper, we get too much serotonin. And no norepinephrine for antagonizing its effects.

I've been in this nutritional program for 15 days and having great improvements. I still don't know if these are sufficient for long term cure or if I'll have to change something. I noticed I should stop taking anything that inhibits norepinephrine release, like:
- fish oil
- cystein/garlic
- thenine/green tea
- taurine
- MSM
- zinc (it antagonizes copper. GatoGordito had improvements with zinc also, I never had... I'm still not sure about it...)

One should be prepared for mood swings. Which are a VERY GOOD THING: I spent 10 years feeling NOTHING due to PSSD anhedonia. For example, the day after I eat my weekly beef liver, I feel SAD: that's a good sign of retinol antagonizing the excess serotonin my body is realesing, and it needs some adaptations.

Things I have done previously which can have make this program work:
- prolonged fasting
- several liver flushes
- EMDR for healing every psychological trauma of my life (so now I really know my bad feelings from mood swings of this nutritional program have NOTHING TO DO with my internal well-being. I can deal with them very easily.)

By the way... serotonin has NEVER BEEN a good thing:
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/se ... sion.shtml
gracy

Re: Nutritional approach for healing PSSD

Unread post by gracy »

I would be very happy if you can give some references for the below research. Else its hard to follow. I hope you wont mind :)
Waiting for the references.
Thank you.
continue wrote:Here is something that makes results rapidly:

- salt (table salt, sea salt, baking soda... it DOESN'T MATTER: we need SODIUM!)
- magnesium 500 mg daily (should be supplemented, since our soil is deprived of it and we can get enough from food)
- collagen (from supplementation or cooked food in bone broth) for antagonizing tryptophan

It's tricky to find the correct dose of sodium, magnesium and copper. For example, sodium improves PSSD symptoms almost immediately, but if we are depleted of magnesium it will soon exacerbate the norepinephrine release and develop into anxiety with high blood pressure: a condition very similar to my anxiety before taking SSRIs (it seems that a good doctor could have cured me giving me magnesium instead of Prozac). Finding the correct magnesium dose will make sodium supplementation safe: I'm eating very salty food and supplementing 5 g of sea salt daily, and my blood pressure is 12/7. But too much magnesium can make me feel anhedonic again.

Sodium and low carb will also increase copper absorption. Maybe dosage should be slowly built up from 40 g cocoa. Sodium makes the body retain more magnesium, so maybe magnesium dosage should be lower also. So if you want to absorb more magnesium you should regulate your weight and shed some pounds. I would recommend try using these drops for quick weight reduction. These drops are based on the best reviews around the globe.

Possible scientific explanation for our mineral/vitamin depletion: SSRI made our bodies react strongly for the maddening release of serotonin. We needed too much copper for creating norepinephrine for antagonizing serotonin. Our modern diet naturally lacks magnesium, copper and vitamin A (we would be depleted of them sooner or later in life). Vitamin A antagonizes serotonin and increases 5-ht1a receptors in brain. Magnesium also increases 5-ht1a and keeps them. The time needed for everyone do develop PSSD is related to the lifestyle and previous storage of these mineral/vitamins. And we could also be deprived of some of them (like I probably was of magnesium) when we were first diagnosed with depression/anxiety.

Another evidence for our copper deficiency is that NIACIN supplementation improves PSSD symptoms, and copper is needed for converting tryptophan into niacin: without enough copper, we get too much serotonin. And no norepinephrine for antagonizing its effects.

I've been in this nutritional program for 15 days and having great improvements. I still don't know if these are sufficient for long term cure or if I'll have to change something. I noticed I should stop taking anything that inhibits norepinephrine release, like:
- fish oil
- cystein/garlic
- thenine/green tea
- taurine
- MSM
- zinc (it antagonizes copper. GatoGordito had improvements with zinc also, I never had... I'm still not sure about it...)

Mood swinging is a not a problem for not over-weighed but for obese as they have more fat under their belly they has sexual dysfunction problems.
So suggest they follow diet to lose weight and lower the risk of developing PSSD.
One should be prepared for mood swings. Which are a VERY GOOD THING: I spent 10 years feeling NOTHING due to PSSD anhedonia. For example, the day after I eat my weekly beef liver, I feel SAD: that's a good sign of retinol antagonizing the excess serotonin my body is realesing, and it needs some adaptations.

- prolonged fasting
- several liver flushes
- EMDR for healing every psychological trauma of my life (so now I really know my bad feelings from mood swings of this nutritional program have NOTHING TO DO with my internal well-being. I can deal with them very easily.)

Last edited by gracy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenny

Unread post by jenny »

Gracy, continue has given you enough information on how you solve your PSSD problem and how losing weight is one of the best solution for obese so that they don't develop the PSSD.
gracy wrote:I would be very happy if you can give some references for the below research. Else its hard to follow. I hope you wont mind :)
Thank you.

Sodium and low carb will also increase copper absorption. Maybe dosage should be slowly built up from 40 g cocoa. Sodium makes the body retain more magnesium, so maybe magnesium dosage should be lower also. So if you want to absorb more magnesium you should regulate your weight and shed some pounds. I would recommend try using these drops for quick weight reduction. These drops are based on the best reviews around the globe

- fish oil
- cystein/garlic
- thenine/green tea
- taurine
- MSM

Mood swinging is a not a problem for not over-weighed but for obese as they have more fat under their belly they has sexual dysfunction problems.
So suggest they follow diet to lose weight and lower the risk of developing PSSD.

- prolonged fasting
- several liver flushes

gracy

Unread post by gracy »

Thank you jenny for your kind response.
jenny wrote:Gracy, continue has given you enough information on how you solve your PSSD problem and how losing weight is one of the best solution for obese so that they don't develop the PSSD.
gracy wrote:I would be very happy if you can give some references for the below research. Else its hard to follow. I hope you wont mind :)
Thank you.

Sodium and low carb will also increase copper absorption. Maybe dosage should be slowly built up from 40 g cocoa. Sodium makes the body retain more magnesium, so maybe magnesium dosage should be lower also. So if you want to absorb more magnesium you should regulate your weight and shed some pounds. I would recommend try using these drops for quick weight reduction. These drops are based on the best reviews around the globe

- fish oil
- cystein/garlic
- thenine/green tea
- taurine
- MSM

- prolonged fasting
- several liver flushes