SSRIs that most likely cause PSSD?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
petsz1

SSRIs that most likely cause PSSD?

Unread post by petsz1 »

Hi there!
I noticed that people took escitalopram,citalopram,fluoexitene are the most likely to have PSSD. I reading about a while ago and i have relatives and a friend who used SSRIs with no after treatment side effect. And it seems to sertraline(not Zoloft) Teva what i got and my friend got (Sertadepi,sertraline) dont cause pssd in many people,and who got affected by it after all,it is most probably caused by wenting cold turkey. My friend and i had also came off it very slowly and everything went back to normal,she nor i got SD after the treatment,or any other anhedonia,brain fog and things like that. My mom using paroxetine 16 years ago,if she comes off it,her sexual drive come back. In this forum who has PSSD got it most likely from escitalopram,citalopram and fluoexitene. And a minority from paroxetine or sertraline,which is probably to maximum dosage. Sertraline with 200 mg and went with them cold turkey. Not tapered off slowly as recommended.
Right now I'm going to use natural serotonin boosting,probably 5 htp,milk thistle, probiotics also reducing significantly OCD symptoms.Studies show.
NAC,vitamins and Inositol. Got to mention my friend and i also used minimum dosage,both 50 mg sertraline and it did a miracle with me,i was cured from OCD 99%. Then the trauma got in. I lived a happy life.
Please if you got to mention something or if you have any thoughts or want to correct me feel free.
Jaxx

Re: SSRIs that most likely cause PSSD?

Unread post by Jaxx »

Sorry but your conclusion is simply not correct, there are many paroxetine or sertraline pssd cases. And definately not related to high dosage only. There are plenty of commercial reasons why some ssri are sold more than others and this is also different per country. Most people will discontinue an ssri just fine, without developing pssd.

We must be careful in stating opinions and rough insights as facts.
petsz1

Unread post by petsz1 »

I took Sertraline,i went to my GP,he knows of PSSD,BUT,she said that if i took Sertralin(not shit Zoloft) and i not had any problems after all,i will not be suffer from PSSD this time also. Because of my genetics. Look up GeneSight,they are testing the genetics of people,that the patient should know what is the best med for him or her. Yeah and she said,that the experience says that escitalopram,citalopram and fluoxetine are the most like to cause IF very strong IF went cold turkey.
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

I'm just one Sertraline linked case.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

In my case venlafaxine (SNRI) got me.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Glk87

Unread post by Glk87 »

Citalopram got me