interesting info on 5ht2a

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
iggy131313

interesting info on 5ht2a

Unread post by iggy131313 »

it seems that 5ht2a is found on pre synaptic side of dopamine neurons in the VTA.....very interesting

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10802024

it makes me wonder about the possibility of similar serotonin receptors on the pre synaptic side of dopamine neurons......

you see heres one thing I cant get on biard with...I totally agree that down regulation of 5ht1a autoreceptors is at the heart of this......when it comes to anhedonia definitly...but i dont think its becasue serotonin is therefore disinhibited...as if there were too much serotonin flooding the brain, receptors would down regulate in response.....

but there is a DEFINATE downregulation/desensitisation involved here as unlike other ''tardive'' ssri induced syndromes, as this seems to happen to people whilst ON the drug...also there are a number of drugs that are not SSRIs which are causing the same symtpoms, I have seen it with

agomelatine
bupropion
mirtazipine
lamictal

and what do all of these drugs have in common? yup internalisation of 5ht1a receptors......

but why??? whats the mechanism? I can totally understand that in my state of chronic severe upregulation of 5ht2a that it blocks dopamine and herefore casues many of the horrific symtpoms I experience..akathisia, pgad etc etc

but I still cant get to grips with why emotions seem to correlate to 5ht1a desensitisation.........as i have sevely blocked dopamine evident in all my symtpoms like akathisia, and the fact that anything that increases dopamine (or reduces serotonin) makes my symptoms much better, and yet I have NO anhedonia, blunted emotions, pssd, lack of motivation or creativity

so there is evidently a direct connection from 5ht1a to emotioal response.....and pssd also..but WHY?? I wonder if 5ht1a receptors can also be found on dopamine neurons, but that doesnt make any sense, we really dont have the full picture here....
Trazohell

Re: interesting info on 5ht2a

Unread post by Trazohell »

Not only SSRIs cause something like PSSD.
I got PSSD from Trazodone.
It's "pro sexually" they said it's a "mild" antidepressant they said, fuck that shit!
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

I wonder how long people will ignore the science and the actual experimentation and pull the false theories like this one with 5-ht1a and dopamine ?

Try an amphetamine It WILL flood your VTA with dopamine. Doesn't fix all the problems ? Because, It's not that simple

Same for 5-ht1a. Where is the Buspirone fanclub ? Why 5-ht1a agonism actually make an emotional blunting worse, while 5-ht1a antagonism doesn't make anything worse, while it doesn't help too ?

As for 5-ht2a, it is the crucial serotonin excitatory receptor in the prefrontal cortex and cingulate (located post synaptically on dendritic sites of pyramidal neurons) . 5-Ht1a opposes it. Do you really want to lower activity of those key brain regions? How do you think, how lowered activity of the prefrontal cortex will affect emotion processing ? This is exactly from where the antidepressant and antipsychotic effects of 5-ht2a antagonism comes
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

I definitely going to try Insoitol, it will make 5HT2 more sensitive and Trazodone will have a big impact on 5HT2.
But I still think the 5HT1 has something to do with it.
Seriously, after only one ginkgo tablet (pro 5HT1) my scrotum became more numb again, the skin smooth, greasy and wrinkled. Seriously, what's that shit?

Stop spreading scientific untruths here. Pro 5HT1 seems to exacerbate the problem, and people are recommended ginkgo and buspirone here, unbelievable.
I have the impression that more people would recover if they do not despair of shit and just have patience.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
umapinha

Unread post by umapinha »

Trazohell wrote:I definitely going to try Insoitol, it will make 5HT2 more sensitive and Trazodone will have a big impact on 5HT2.
Seriously, after only one ginkgo tablet (pro 5HT1) my scrotum became more numb again, the skin smooth, greasy and wrinkled. Seriously, what's that shit?

Stop spreading scientific untruths here. Pro 5HT1 seems to exacerbate the problem, and people are recommended ginkgo and buspirone here, unbelievable.
I have the impression that more people would recover if they do not despair of shit and just have patience.
It's funny the way you talk about Ginkgo, cause i have a big improvement with that.

Another thing that help is Green Banana biomass.
Marksanchez397

Unread post by Marksanchez397 »

umapinha wrote:
Trazohell wrote:I definitely going to try Insoitol, it will make 5HT2 more sensitive and Trazodone will have a big impact on 5HT2.

It's funny the way you talk about Ginkgo, cause i have a big improvement with that.

Hi Umapinha.
Wich is your situation (erection, libido...)? How do ginkgo improoves you (erection, libido...)? How long did you take SSRI?
umapinha

Unread post by umapinha »

Marksanchez397 wrote:
umapinha wrote:

Hi Umapinha.
Wich is your situation (erection, libido...)? How do ginkgo improoves you (erection, libido...)? How long did you take SSRI?

Hello Marksanchez397
I've been on Escitalopram 10mg for 1 year.
My libido is extremely low, penile numbness and weak erection. Ginkgo helped me greatly by increasing desire and sensitivity.