Antidepressant for mood without make PSSD worse?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Trazohell

Re: Antidepressant for mood without make PSSD worse?

Unread post by Trazohell »

Jaxx wrote:
Trazohell wrote:Hello folks,

as you all know, our situation is extremely stressful and depressing.
I think the mental status is also important for the healing.
So I would like to give an antidepressant another chance to do it without making PSSD worse.
I tried the following after PSSD begin:

St. John's wort: made me very relaxed and brightened my mood a little and gave me some windows, but numbness got worse so I broke off.
When resumed a few months later, the relaxing and mood-enhancing effect remained off.

Moclobemide: Definitely gave me more energy and felt very clean, sometimes it made me worse or times better with respect to Anhedonia (I think depending on whether serotonin or dopamine predominates?)
Also better excitement with it, but no inprovement in libido.
Gave me a lot of dizziness in conjunction with alcohol, so I quit because I want to drinking alcohol sometimes.

Buprobion: Only one pill (150 mg retarted version) gave me terrible derealization and anhedonia over two weeks, so I see no reason to try it again.

I'm still feeling bad. I do not know what else to do, I'm running out of options.
I thought of lithium. Some say it saved their lives after everything else failed. What do you think?

greeting
I cant fully relate as moclobemide or sjw never made me worse.
What exactly are you trying to achieve? Reduce depression, anxiety? Personally i think our situation sucks but i rarely feel stress anymore so i dont need anything that pushes emotions back even more
Relieve depression and anhedonia.
I have serious problems and run the risk of losing my job and thus my apartment.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Buspar gave me a boost without making it worse, but is has some serotonic activity so not sure if that is ideal for you. Nortriptyline could be an alternative to SSRI, but i had a little numbness too there. Both gave me more energy.
Have you tried licorice root? It didnt do much for my mood but if you have alot more energy your mood tends to lift as well. Perhaps tianeptine if that is available in your country?
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

Jaxx wrote:Buspar gave me a boost without making it worse, but is has some serotonic activity so not sure if that is ideal for you. Nortriptyline could be an alternative to SSRI, but i had a little numbness too there. Both gave me more energy.
Have you tried licorice root? It didnt do much for my mood but if you have alot more energy your mood tends to lift as well. Perhaps tianeptine if that is available in your country?
Be careful with Buspar, in my case single dose gave me huuuge anxiety, night terrors and made PSSD worse.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Knifli

Unread post by Knifli »

Relieve depression and anhedonia.
I have serious problems and run the risk of losing my job and thus my apartment.[/quote]

CBD-oil helps me with calm me down. But my emotions are still a bit numbed from antidepressants and i don't really feel depressed anymore... maybe another MAOI? I only tried SJW. I've tried 5-htp too, it has helped me a bit with anhedonia but i stopped bc of sleeping problems. It didn't made my PSSD worse.
Sertraline jan-jul 2018
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

My suggestion is remeron. While it has not cured.. hell even treated PSSD for me, I have seen a slightest improvement in some facets. There has been no down sides at all in over a year expect stupidly going cold turkey for couple months caused sever insomnia. Need to down titrate meds is not a joke :/

It could be just what your looking for.. and plus side is it wont kill you.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

I started Mirtazapine (Remeron) yesterday. It's the only non-ssri my doc will give me. I'll keep you posted.
Zolofthater420

Unread post by Zolofthater420 »

I don´t really know if Mirtazapine is a good thing to use.