Glucocorticoid receptors

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Maxin

Re: Glucocorticoid receptors

Unread post by Maxin »

At least in my experience of suffering for 10 years, it all comes down to glucorticoids and cortisol. I was obsessed with cortisol when I first came off of lexapro. I remember getting tons of different tests, and I was a dexa non suppressor. Of the hundreds of things I’ve tried, the handful of things that were successful were directly related to changes to my cortisol levels. My symptoms could be reversed with dexamethasone and prednisone. But only at first. Also the first week of ru486. I also had some success while on Ella, which felt exactly to me as ru486.
I know I have low thyroid but I am unable to tolerate any kind of thyroid hormone. Feel good first couple of days and then I am completely wiped. But twice now I’ve been able to completely cure myself with a cortisone injection while on thyroid. It’s so far been the biggest cure out of anything, but it only lasts about a week. I’ve been trying so hard to figure out how this works. In studies it seems to significantly lower the bodies own production of cortisol. I wish more of us would explore the hpa and cortisol connections because I believe the answer lies in manipulating this axis.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

I’m trying low dose lithium orotate to test the effects on this axis. I suffer from cfs and it’s making me feel more tired and blah, but I did have a crazy five minute window that I can only say felt I was remembering my old self. So I want to give it some more time and I will update. Making my voice hoarse so it may be affecting thyroid.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

I know I’m not explaining well. Because my main problem is fatigue. So the first week on either a steroid or on thyroid meds, I feel great, my fatigue lifts and I feel almost like my old self. But after that I crash bad. I’ve made myself stick it out for a couple weeks but my body couldn’t take it after that. I’ve tried them separately and together. So to explain better, my fatigue gets too bad and I can’t continie. I become completely non functioning.
RainebowGirl

Unread post by RainebowGirl »

I take predinesone because I'm at risk of adrenal crises and it doesn't seem to help my PSSD.
Is it different because I create so little cortisol on my own? I take more when I'm sick or injured, but it's never given me any symptom relief.
I'm also female, and my androgen is higher than average, so I might be a different case. My libido itself isn't quite as affected as most people's seem to be. It's the numbness, which I get no relief from.
:?
Used Effexor, Wellbutrin from 2012 - 2015. PSSD 4Y after.
Reinstated with Wellbutrin from March 2019 - May 2019. 65% improvement that leveled out closer to 40%.
Implemented yoga and pelvic floor therapy on and off.
Now at 85%! :mrgreen: