SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
elkikko

Re: SJW Always Cures My PSSD- kramdrol OP

Unread post by elkikko »

Stop hypericum.... Try dostinex, ropinorole or moclobemide
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

elkikko wrote:Stop hypericum.... Try dostinex, ropinorole or moclobemide
The whole reason I would quit is so that I could take something for the sinus/ flu symptoms I'm having. moclobemide is an MAOI. Every one of the cold medicines I've even seen say you can't take them if you've taken an MAOI in the past 2 weeks. Dostinex, or Cabergoline, is a drug I could possibly be interested in down the road. But not now. Ropinorole may help symptoms, but before that I want to try and cure myself. 2 people on this forum have claimed this a cure (both Citalopram users, and I took the nearly identical escitalopram), so I'm gonna try my ass off to finish the SJW trial. Otherwise I'd quit, but still would have to wait the better part of a week before I could have full doses of cold medicine.

So my best option for now is continuing the taper unless I can't sleep the next few nights again. The problem is my fucking cough, which keeps waking me up.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

SJW Day 21:

Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri
(300mg) X (300mg) X (300mg) X (300mg)
X (300mg) X (300mg) X (280mg) X
(260mg) X (240mg) X (220mg) X
(200mg)
X (180mg) X (160mg) X (140mg) X
(120mg) X (100mg) X (80mg) X (60mg)
X (40mg) X (20mg) X (10mg) X

SJW trial over for me now. Went to the doctor, got bloodwork, xray. I have the flu. Fever again today. I can't take the medicine without stopping SJW.

I don't feel too bad about this because at least I tapered down 1/3rd of the trial. The OP and Beetlebum didn't taper and still saw improvement. I guess we'll know in 3 days or so. The pharmacist said it takes 5 days to leave system, and that's also how long it took for Beetlebum to see improvement. So that's why I say 3 days.

Ghost
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
guest - deleted

Unread post by guest - deleted »

Ghost wrote:
guest - deleted wrote:Stop hypericum.... Try dostinex, ropinorole or moclobemide
The whole reason I would quit is so that I could take something for the sinus/ flu symptoms I'm having. moclobemide is an MAOI. Every one of the cold medicines I've even seen say you can't take them if you've taken an MAOI in the past 2 weeks. Dostinex, or Cabergoline, is a drug I could possibly be interested in down the road. But not now. Ropinorole may help symptoms, but before that I want to try and cure myself. 2 people on this forum have claimed this a cure (both Citalopram users, and I took the nearly identical escitalopram), so I'm gonna try my ass off to finish the SJW trial. Otherwise I'd quit, but still would have to wait the better part of a week before I could have full doses of cold medicine.

So my best option for now is continuing the taper unless I can't sleep the next few nights again. The problem is my fucking cough, which keeps waking me up.
Ok no problem.
I hope on Alcover GHB, is legal for alcolist and remove pssd, I dont know if its forever; one of this forum was cured
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

catalunya wrote:
Ghost wrote:SJW Day 21:

(260mg) X (240mg) X (220mg) X
(200mg)

SJW trial over for me now. Went to the doctor, got bloodwork, xray. I have the flu. Fever again today. I can't take the medicine without stopping SJW.

I don't feel too bad about this because at least I tapered down 1/3rd of the trial. The OP and Beetlebum didn't taper and still saw improvement. I guess we'll know in 3 days or so. The pharmacist said it takes 5 days to leave system, and that's also how long it took for Beetlebum to see improvement. So that's why I say 3 days.

Ghost
hopefully you'll see improvement soon! keep in mind, though, that you have the flu and so the three-day window may not be realistic because your body is fighting a major virus right now and dealing with flu meds to keep symptoms under control. don't be discouraged if it takes a bit longer -- hopefully you'll see improvement much like the other two users have.
Thanks! That's good advice. I guess with everything going on it may take a bit longer, good point.
wanteHope

Unread post by wanteHope »

i bought this
http://www.amazon.com/Johns-Wort-Concen ... +hypericin

i took first pill today, each pill is 450mg i divided it in 4 parts so i took 112,5 mg i don't know if it is enough but i don't want to take high dosage.

do you think i should take little more? should i take 112,5 tomorrow too or just after tomorrow? so take it saturday, monday, wednesday, friday...
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

wanteHope wrote:i bought this
http://www.amazon.com/Johns-Wort-Concen ... +hypericin

i took first pill today, each pill is 450mg i divided it in 4 parts so i took 112,5 mg i don't know if it is enough but i don't want to take high dosage.

do you think i should take little more? should i take 112,5 tomorrow too or just after tomorrow? so take it saturday, monday, wednesday, friday...
There's no harm in starting at a low dose. It's smart actually. I'd move up to 300-600 eventually though.
cyrus91

Unread post by cyrus91 »

[quote][/quote] There's no harm in starting at a low dose. It's smart actually. I'd move up to 300-600 eventually though.

Ghost, 300-600mg, be more specific please. How often though? 1 time a day? 4 times a day? Days when you wear green? I have been taking 200mg tid (that's 3 times a day) for 8 days now. I haven't had any sexual improvements nor any decline( I haven't lost my very consistent morning wood either though) BUT I have noticed a difference in my dreaming. I haven't dreamt much the last few years, maybe PSSD I don't know but last night I actually had 3 separate and very different dreams. I don't remember the last time that has happened.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

cyrus91 wrote:
There's no harm in starting at a low dose. It's smart actually. I'd move up to 300-600 eventually though.

Ghost, 300-600mg, be more specific please. How often though? 1 time a day? 4 times a day? Days when you wear green? I have been taking 200mg tid (that's 3 times a day) for 8 days now. I haven't had any sexual improvements nor any decline( I haven't lost my very consistent morning wood either though) BUT I have noticed a difference in my dreaming. I haven't dreamt much the last few years, maybe PSSD I don't know but last night I actually had 3 separate and very different dreams. I don't remember the last time that has happened.
If you read the entire thread, it will make more sense. I'm fairly certain that I have explained my entire reasoning...ah here it is, one of a few explanations actually:
Ghost wrote:here is what I'm planning on doing for my test of SJW.

I want to take things SLOW. There is no reason to inhale large amounts of a Serotonin RI if I already have desensitized receptors. The pills I have are .3% hypericins. That's 1.35 mg per 450mg pill. I took apart the pills and pulled out over half of the SJW in them. I measured them out to each have about 200mg of SJW. This would be about .5mg hypericins.

Now, I researched SJW and noticed that it had a half life of 24-48 hours. Because of this, there's no reason to be taking it every single day, or the dose instead of your body will accumulate. This may have been part of the reason that the OP had good luck with this, because he took it only a few times per week. However, when I try this, I will be even more careful by cutting doses, and taking EXACTLY 3 times per week 200mg. This isn't something that I'm doing immediately, but something that I hope to do soon. If I see any changes in sexual functioning, I will then SLOWLY taper off of the SJW. Probably at increments of 50mg per week. If things were to go as well as they did for the OP, my schedule would look like. The "Ghost" plan :) . It would be about 7 weeks if things went as planned.
But I actually took 300 mg every other day.

There are 4 versions of my schedule: here is the latest: (The rest are in the thread)

(260mg) X (240mg) X (220mg) X (200mg)

This was trying to test the OP's claim that "a few times a week as low as 500mg for a few weeks" cured him.

But Beetlebum had a different approach, and last he posted, he was cured. That info is also in the thread.

So there are 2 different ways of thinking about it then. Every day higher dose or every other day low dose.

Technically, you could safely take SJW 1-4 times a day. It's all personal preference.

This is uncharted territory, and me giving you a suggestion would be reckless on my part. I have my reasons for doing my trial like I did, and others have reasons for doing their way. Read all the evidence, determine what you think is the best route, and then go from there.
cyrus91

Unread post by cyrus91 »

Okay thanks Ghost! Yeah, being a 20 page thread I didn't have time to read all the way back to where you said that. Sounds like you have certainly done your homework and hopefully it works out for you. Sorry man if I seemed a bit sarcastic, I myself am a prescriber and in school if I wasn't clear in my prescription writing on amounts and frequency then my instructors would get on us about it...I guess it's been drilled into me ;) Best of luck with it, looking forward to hearing your progress. I will carry on with my 200mg SJW 3 times/day for now and if nothing comes of it then I can experiment with the dosage and timing of it based on your results. On a side note, I was thinking this morning that perhaps my dreaming wasn't at all from SJW. Because my back has been bad the past week and I have been on the Robaxacet Platinum the past few days, it has a muscle relaxant in it and they have been known to cause dreaming :)