The right way: How to address PSSD comprehensively.

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Meso

Re: The right way: How to address PSSD comprehensively.

Unread post by Meso »

I've just added:
Step 3: Finding symptomatic relief (WORK-IN-PROGRESS)
1- Genital numbness and the link to pelvic floor dysfunction.

I'll discuss each symptom and the science behind what causes it and how to treat it. Step 3 is going to be a pain to write, and I thought about making a thread for each particular symptom, but this is going to flood the forum so I ended up deciding against it. I'll post about each symptom in this thread.

Next up: Erectile dysfunction, then loss of libido.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
PittieLady

Unread post by PittieLady »

Great post meso. What's a good dose for cypro? They sell 4mg on alldaychemist. Thx!
nebonym

Unread post by nebonym »

This thread gives me so much hope. Thank you!
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

@mesolimbo

Doing my research, I found a drug called Ladostigil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladostigil

1)It is written that it's basically rivastigmine+rasagiline in one.
Ladostigil combines, in a single molecule, the neuroprotective/neurorestorative effects of the novel anti-Parkinsonian drug and selective monoamine oxidase (MAO)-B inhibitor, rasagiline (Azilect, Teva Pharmaceutical Co.) with the cholinesterase (ChE) inhibitory activity of rivastigmine

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19110207

2)
In addition to its neuroprotective properties, ladostigil enhances the expression of neurotrophic factors like GDNF and BDNF, and may be capable of reversing some of the damage seen in neurodegenerative diseases via the induction of neurogenesis.
https://archive.fo/20130105054506/http: ... &spage=155

3)
Ladostigil also has antidepressant effects, and may be useful for treating comorbid depression and anxiety often seen in such diseases as well.
Weinstock M, Poltyrev T, Bejar C, Youdim MB (March 2002). "Effect of TV3326, a novel monoamine-oxidase cholinesterase inhibitor, in rat models of anxiety and depression". Psychopharmacology. 160 (3): 318–24. doi:10.1007/s00213-001-0978-x. PMID 11889501
Weinstock M, Gorodetsky E, Poltyrev T, Gross A, Sagi Y, Youdim M (June 2003). "A novel cholinesterase and brain-selective monoamine oxidase inhibitor for the treatment of dementia comorbid with depression and Parkinson's disease". Progress in Neuro-psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry. 27 (4): 555–61. doi:10.1016/S0278-5846(03)00053-8. PMID 12787840

Sounds good, doesn't it? What do you think?
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Snake wrote:Sounds good, doesn't it? What do you think?
It does sound good, man. Thanks for telling us about your findings, I always appreciate your contributions. Same goes for taarn, iull1k, Ciprofloxacin, TalkingAntColony, and others. You guys are awesome.

Ciprofloxacin has shared this study with me:
Antidepressant fluoxetine induces multiple antibiotics resistance in Escherichia coli via ROS-mediated mutagenesis:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub

Further proof of how SSRIs can have antibiotic effects, altering the gut microbiota. Many people have PMed me about how they can't tolerate garlic and other food types after PSSD.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

I've added Step:3 (Erectile dysfunction) to OP.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

very good post, thanks again!
How do you look at Citrulline? Some people report benefits on it but im not sure if it is a long term alternative.
On dht, i know that people used anavar, with some mixed results. Im not sure if these results are 100% clean, since anavar is often fake or not pure.
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

Jaxx wrote:very good post, thanks again!
How do you look at Citrulline? Some people report benefits on it but im not sure if it is a long term alternative.
On dht, i know that people used anavar, with some mixed results. Im not sure if these results are 100% clean, since anavar is often fake or not pure.
L-citrulline did nothing in my case. I'm starting to believe that supplements are just placebo.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

Jaxx wrote:very good post, thanks again!
I use Citrulline maleate + L-arginine as pre-workouts. I don't really have ED issues, that's the only thing that has remained from my sexuality but these two have noticeable effects on my erections. I often have very strong night-time erections which last long and feel weird in absence of any pleasurable feeling.

Anavar (oxandrolone) is a non-aromatizable DHT derivative which is highly anabolic and having only weak androgenic effects. It has mild side effects profile compared to most AAS but wouldn't really help with your libido and sexual function, it will more likely cause a decrease if anything.

However Masteron (drostanolone) is very close to DHT and is very androgenic. It won't build you much muscle but it has the pro-sexual effects of DHT. That combined with testosterone causes most people to have very high libido and frequent erections when on a cycle. I will try this soon cause I have very low DHT anyway and want to see if it will cause any improvement. Furthermore I can imagine elevated androgens will mean a better environment for improving sexual dysfunction symptoms because they have modulatory effects on sexual pathways and they were also shown to increase SERT expression.
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

I think L-citrulline can be helpful for erection quality. It is proven to increase NO production. There was that case study which gave a PSSD patient L-citrulline, among other things, and he was cured after a few months. Personally, I think L-citrulline has increased my EQ, but it took 1-2 months at 1.5 to 3g per day for the effects to be noticeable. In December 2018 I could rarely get it up even with intense focus. After taking L-citrulline (and other things less consistently) for a few months, I can usually get a decent erection when I want. However it had no impact on sensitivity or libido.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread