MAO-A induction

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Meso

Re: MAO-A induction

Unread post by Meso »

taarn wrote:Check the link for the paper:
https://bit.ly/2T9t5J1
"Only the effect of 50 mg/kg vincamine is given. For smaller doses no significant effect could be detected.

"The reducing effect is a significant one but as compared to that caused by reserpin only of a minor degree, since complete depletion of serotonin is caused by a 5 mg/kg does of the latter within 2 hr."

"Our investigations showed however that this effect of vincamin is different from that of reserpin, being of lesser degree and developing more slowly."

"The diminishing effect of vincamin on noradrenalin level is more intensive sooner and more durable"

"The effects of vincamin on noradrenalin and serotonin level are probably due to different modes of action"

So, it seems that vincamine is too weak to affect serotonin much at the doses commonly available.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
DrugsAreBad

Re: MAO-A induction

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

Mesolimbo wrote:Another pathway I'm reading up on is VMAT inhibiton, but that would also decrease dopamine/NE. Since Reserpine is mostly withdrawn from countries, Vincamine or even Vinpocetine would be the substitute with the added nootropic benefit. Maybe in combination with Rasagiline to keep dopamine from being too inhibited while decreasing serotonin even further.
Vinpocetine is what got me here. Stay away from it! A single dose got rid of my anxiety. Great right? Then I noticed I felt nothing when looking at girls. No interest, no erection. I went home with a girl and still nothing. Anxiety and libido disappeared together at the same time and in much the same way.