Barbaar intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
barbaar

Barbaar intro

Unread post by barbaar »

1- What is your gender?
Male

2- Why did you take antidepressants in the first place? and for how long were you on them? which med?
I had crazy social anxiety, moderate-ish depression, and ADD. I was on them for around 7 months back in 2015, 10 mg of citalopram. During this period I quit once and depression came back so I went back on them again.

3- How was your sexual and emotional function before antidepressant intake?
I don't know if I would call myself hypersexual before antidepressants, I'd say I a normal/highish libido for a 21yo (back then) male. I was very very emotional and felt love very strongly.

4- What are your symptoms exactly and when did they start? sexual dyfunction alone, or cognitive/emotional/hedonistic as well? which symptom is bothering you the most?
At my worst I had full blown dp/dr, complete anhedonia, complete loss of libido, fatigue, huge gaps in my memory, complete loss of emotions and massive brainfog/cognitive dysfunction. I never "crashed" or anything, I just gradually got worse and worse while on meds and continued to worsen for some time after.

I'm doing quite a bit better now, at least I'm functional in day to day life, but I still have anhedonia, little emotions (maybe 20-30% of what it was), cant feel love etc., and sexual issues. ED/fibrosis/curved dong/no libido/pleasureless O.

5- What meds/suppplements have you tried so far?
From the top of my head:

Saffron extract - got me through the worst of dp/dr

Inositol - did nothing noticable

Maca - did nothing noticable

Wellbutrin - felt good for 2 days but didn't notice anything after

Ginger/Curcuma - did nothing noticable

magnesium, active b complex, iodine - helped fatigue a lot, but lost a little bit of effectiveness over time

L-tryptophan - Crashed me hard, felt like I got sent back to square one symptom wise

Previous magnesium stack + vit K and D supplement - Pulled me out of that crash

Copper + selenium - gave me some emotions back and made me feel mentally unstable while on it, and gave me pretty bad, lasting ED, which I'm still dealing with right now.

I'm off all supplements for now to prepare for going on a nutritional balancing program (not sure if that's seen as a legit thing over here, a few guys over on hackstasis are having success with it).

6- Do you have access to meds without prescription (buy online), or would strictly require a prescription for meds to try?
I can try convincing my doc or buy stuff online no problem.

7- Can you tolerate galicky foods? what about proteins?
I have no noticable food intolerances, but digestion can be pretty bad sometimes.

8- Have you done any blood testing? what were the results?
Lots of blood tests, endocrinology, urine mineral / amino acid analysis, please have a look at the attachment. (zipped pdf, It wouldn't let me upload just pdf)
Meso

Re: Barbaar intro

Unread post by Meso »

Your tests show proteinuria and electrolyte imbalance. Please get a kidney function panel ASAP.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
barbaar

Unread post by barbaar »

Will do, would a creatinine, urea, albumin, GFR and urine analysis be enough? I can get that without going through my GP and he doesn't believe in PSSD so I'd rather avoid him if possible.

My eGFR is fine so I don't think I should worry too much but I'll get it done just in case.

Also do you think platelet catecholamines are useful to measure? My dopamine was above the reference range somehow and serotonin on the low end.

Interestingly enough I also barely respond to methylphenidate anymore. It just makes me feel like I got hit by a train without increased focus or other positive effects.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

barbaar wrote:Will do, would a creatinine, urea, albumin, GFR and urine analysis be enough? I can get that without going through my GP and he doesn't believe in PSSD so I'd rather avoid him if possible.

My eGFR is fine so I don't think I should worry too much but I'll get it done just in case.

Also do you think platelet catecholamines are useful to measure? My dopamine was above the reference range somehow and serotonin on the low end.

Interestingly enough I also barely respond to methylphenidate anymore. It just makes me feel like I got hit by a train without increased focus or other positive effects.
Proteinuria can be a serious medical sign. I suggest getting to the bottom of this with your GP.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here