Can quitting abruptly induce PSSD alone?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
succubus76

Re: Can quitting abruptly induce PSSD alone?

Unread post by succubus76 »

Snake wrote:
succubus76 wrote:
Snake wrote:I tappered it down but it made no difference

define "tappered slowly" and wich med you was on and how much. im reading you must taper in 3-6 months period or even more. i have cases where they taper in 3 weeks and still got serious whitdrawal symptoms and probably pssd
You're right, in my case it was 1,5 week. Healy wrote something about preventing PSSD by really slow tappering down AD but what's proof for that?
im still investigating, im just making an observation that all of here seems to have left their medication cold turkey or pretty quickly.I will be reading stories on www.survivingantidepressants.org and on youtube to find common causes and symptoms. I still do not have proof, but I will organize my ideas next days
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

I tappered very slow, 2,5mg each 2-3 weeks, i tappered during 6-7 months. I'm thinking now if it wasn't better to do it cold turkey.
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

I tapered over a period of 8 months. I was extremely cautious not to go off fluoxetine too fast and I still got PSSD. Some people here on the forum think that even 8 months were too fast. To be honest, I think that’s ridiculous. A friend of mine has been mixing and going on and off different meds (venlafaxine, fluoxetine, bupropion, citalopram and others) cold turkey for more than 10 years and hasn’t developed PSSD. It’s not true that tapering prevents you from getting PSSD or quitting cold turkey causes PSSD. So don’t blame yourself for going off the meds too fast.