I never see trauma related topics on the home page.

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
infinityzer00000

I never see trauma related topics on the home page.

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

We all have something in common. We took some drugs and during or after we noticed some effects that have persisted for years. Nobody really suggests that the reason we took these drugs in the first place is the problem. People can continue to blame the drugs (which I am guilty of myself) but, at the end of the day that will be no benefit to anyone.

You aren't going to heal by taking more shit. You just aren't. Drugs are not the answer.
Distortion

Re: I never see trauma related topics on the home page.

Unread post by Distortion »

PSSD aside I really don't know how to get past my social anxiety disorder and depression, I want to go to CBT soon for the anxiety so I can actually do normal things but my god I feel hopeless so often.
decadence

Unread post by decadence »

Infinityzer, I think you are the guy who went back for 2 years to fluvoxamine (after 7 years off) and now you are cured, right? Therefore, how you can tell that the problem has to do with... trauma? I think Fluvoxamine helped you, something changed in your mind. If you never returned to fluvoxamine, you probably would not have been cured. This does not mean that anyone who gets back to Ssri he will recover. Simply, you are lucky.

These drugs are mainly mind altering and each time affect your system in a different way, that's the point. I was on and of from AD's 5 times in the past and never got PSSD, even cold turkey, until 2013.The weird thing is that I had taken paroxetine (in 2007) for 6 months and my sexual function returned to normal after 2-3 days of cessation. While on the drug I had only delayed ejaculation but normal libido.

In 2013: same drug, same dose, normal libido while on the drug, BUT after the discontinuation... PSSD (almost total loss of libido, genital numbness, ED) with anhedonia, emotional blunting, severe fatigue and many other unbearable symptoms. NOONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPEN

How many years we have to wait for recovery? I am on this horrendous situation 5.5 years...Come on man, there is not "natural way" for this shit. If this were the case, it would happen in the first 2-3 weeks you stopped the drug. I said you again that every time I stopped an antidepressant, my sexual function was returning entirely within 2-3 DAYS.

Genital anesthesia has nothing to do with trauma.
I believe now only drugs (trial and error) I have to choose. Unfortunately.
Last edited by decadence on Mon May 06, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

Because it's easier to blame PSSD for all life mistakes. Some people are forgetting that they really had mental problems before SSRI. Maybe I sound like a dick, but there's high probability that some PSSD-unrelated mental problems are responsible for a part of our symptoms or are boosting them.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

Then please show me a single study on trauma-related genital anesthesia. I’m only asking for a single study because I haven’t found one so far...

Btw I’m not blaming PSSD for all life mistakes, as you say. I have ignored PSSD for most of the time. I’m pretty aware of where my problems come from and I know that PSSD is not the reason. However, to me it appears that saying we all don’t get any better because we don’t want to see that we are all traumatized is some kind of knockout argument.

If trauma was the cause for our problems, we wouldn’t need this forum. There are enough forums for PTSD. And I know people suffering from PTSD but I haven’t heard them speak of genital anesthesia or pleasureless orgasms that feel like twitching muscles. These sensations are artificial in nature, they are drug-induced. It’s not a natural way of your body or mind refusing to engage in sexual activity. What I felt when I was on fluoxetine and after quitting fluoxetine was 100% artificial. Everybody who has experienced this extreme form of PSSD knows what I’m talking about and knows that this is drug-induced.

And I refuse to further (I considered trauma in the past because no one would believe my story) think about this as being trauma-induced. I’m pretty sure that many people on this forum feel the same and I guess that this is the reason why you don’t “see trauma related topics” here.
Last edited by Numby on Mon May 06, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

Snake wrote:Because it's easier to blame PSSD for all life mistakes. Some people are forgetting that they really had mental problems before SSRI. Maybe I sound like a dick, but there's high probability that some PSSD-unrelated mental problems are responsible for a part of our symptoms or are boosting them.
Ok, how about people who do not have any history of mental illness. There are individuals who used SSRI for PE, Migraine, Stress situation, PMS, IBS and more off label usages. Do you know that they ended with full blown genital anesthesia, anhedonia, deep depresion, suicidal toughts, cognitive issues, DP, DR.

For example,i did not had any problem for what i needed to be prescribed SSRI. I just had a surgery and after Propofol anesthesia i got intense anxiety and akatisia. Now i know, it was an adverse reaction, opoid withdrawals, i just had to wait a week-two, but a doc prescribed SSRI and i ended up like it's now. I did not had any depression in my life and I could live well without this shit.
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

iull1k wrote:
Snake wrote:Because it's easier to blame PSSD for all life mistakes. Some people are forgetting that they really had mental problems before SSRI. Maybe I sound like a dick, but there's high probability that some PSSD-unrelated mental problems are responsible for a part of our symptoms or are boosting them.
Ok, how about people who do not have any history of mental illness. There are individuals who used SSRI for PE, Migraine, Stress situation, PMS, IBS and more off label usages. Do you know that they ended with full blown genital anesthesia, anhedonia, deep depresion, suicidal toughts, cognitive issues, DP, DR.

For example,i did not had any problem for what i needed to be prescribed SSRI. I just had a surgery and after Propofol anesthesia i got intense anxiety and akatisia. Now i know, it was an adverse reaction, opoid withdrawals, i just had to wait a week-two, but a doc prescribed SSRI and i ended up like it's now. I did not had any depression in my life and I could live well without this shit.
Well, I didn't need it too, had just some stress before exams and ended up here... Still I think that stress connected with being aware of PSSD and the fact that nobody knows nothing about it made it way harder for me. I'm sure that despite learning so many things about health on this forum, I would be feeling way better I haven't read so many horror stories...

+ it's hard not developing real mental illness after discovering you're suffering from PSSD
I'm aware that I might be suffering from PTSD too, because PSSD is a psychological torture and it takes long months to accept new reality.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

iull1k wrote:

Mannn, that's cruel. You didn't even need them. I did have former issues with ocd, still never was suicidal. The idea that without the pills life also wasn't easy makes it a little less sad for me. Still, it's not even comparable to this missery.