Sex hormone receptors changed in erectile dysfunction by diabetes

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
iull1k

Re: Sex hormone receptors changed in erectile dysfunction by diabetes

Unread post by iull1k »

succubus76 wrote:all what you said is interesting. Part of the reason pssd is hard to recognize (besides the millions of dollars that pharmacists would have to spend in refound) is because is hard to identify. But, if we can prove that emotional blunting, anhenodia and lack of sexual desire were caused by chemical disbalances due to SSRIs directly in the brain, we are one step ahead of gaining recognition, and therefore, more attention for a treatment
Forget about this, there will be no recognition, there are drugs with a lot more deaths like ibuprofen, and it's still here, somewhere even in supermarkets. There are even drugs who caused more harm then good and were removed from the market but nobody care about lives that were destroyed, It's all about money.
Honestly, at this point, i don't believe in a real viable solution. Each body is affected different, because we have different initial homeostasis, receptors densities, expressions and so on.
I'm waiting for Baylor study to show up, maybe something more clear will be here. But for now, it's just total luck. You can try something and get completly fucked or try something and get little better or do nothing and get better. There are billions of dollars invested in prostate cancer, and they are still in struggle to modulate AR androgens in prostate. How the fuck someone will help us to deal with such condition as our?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

iull1k, I beg to differ, you just need to find a pattern of what has helped your type of PSSD in the past and work your way from there. I've already achieved 100% remission from all the symptoms: sexual, cognitive, and emotional. And I'm currently attempting to reverse/cure my own PSSD with success so far.

The main point here is that you can utilize long-term potentiation (LTP) to override the changes that SSRIs have triggered. Other than that, I agree that only gene therapy would be the ultimate solution.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

Mesolimbo wrote:iull1k, I beg to differ, you just need to find a pattern of what has helped your type of PSSD in the past and work your way from there. I've already achieved 100% remission from all the symptoms: sexual, cognitive, and emotional. And I'm currently attempting to reverse/cure my own PSSD with success so far.

The main point here is that you can utilize long-term potentiation (LTP) to override the changes that SSRIs have triggered. Other than that, I agree that only gene therapy would be the ultimate solution.
As i said, it's total luck, it was very possible for you to use something and get permanently way worse. For you it was the opposite. I tried just 2 pills of ginkgo and i had a endocrine crash. My body odor and sweat is gone, skin anesthesia worse, libido completly gone and more things. My bad, i was not aware about AR/ER blocking proprietes of Ginkgo, it's a very potent phytoestrogen. Honestly, i don't know what to try now
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

It's also possible that you crashed because Ginkgo prevents desensitization of presynaptioc 5HT1A receptor while activating it greatly simultaneously. When presynaptic activity is high, glutamate is severely disrupted via 2 mechanisms: direct and indirect. The indirect route is less activation of postsynaptic 5HT1A-mediated cortisol release. Cortisol is extremely important for glutamate release. End result? LTP goes out of the window and you end up with LTD.

Sigificantly reduced NMDA receptor activation would make sure that your testosterone synthesis stops. Even mild NMDA antagonists like Memantine can floor your libido due to this, and this is only a mild antagonist.

You know that endogenous testosterone upregulates AR, right? so when you get less testosterone synthesis on top of ginkgo's AR downregulation (+ glycine antagonism), you get severe sex hormone disruption plus long-term potentiation vs. long-term depression disruption, making all your symptoms worse.

There are ways to fix this man, don't lose hope. We can discuss this further if you want. I sent you a PM.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
barbaar

Unread post by barbaar »

Mesolimbo wrote:
iull1k wrote: At this point, i don't have a single doubt about androgen implication in PSSD.
There's no doubt in my mind that sex hormones and their receptors are involved now, thanks to the studies that you have shared before.

I think there's reduced density of androgen and estrogen receptors, causing sex hormone resistance despite of normal range, but why doesn't that trigger a positive feedback mechanism of increasing FSH/LH? Maybe the changes happen peripherally and not involve the hypothalamus?
We know in PFS AR is overexpressed, https://journals.plos.org/plosone/artic ... ne.0100237

Yet their action is supressed, most likely due to transcription being blocked somehow (zinc finger). I can't say if this is the same for PSSD though but I wouldn't be suprised.
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

Mesolimbo wrote:Hmm, do you think an insulin sensitizer such as Metformin could help upregulate these receptors in PSSD?
been on metformin and insulin. no change in pssd
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

been_too_long wrote:
Mesolimbo wrote:Hmm, do you think an insulin sensitizer such as Metformin could help upregulate these receptors in PSSD?
been on metformin and insulin. no change in pssd
Ssris disrupts the chemical balance that causes the sexual response directly in the brain. Kinda ironic that a drug that claims to cure a chemical imbalance actually makes it. So we need to attack the brain. I ll look forward psychodelics