A recovery story

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
decadence

A recovery story

Unread post by decadence »

I was thinking to write this for a long time but I was in such a situation that I could not find the energy and the motivation to do it. Generally, I abstained from forums 4 years. It has to do with a private dialogue between me and a PSSD sufferer back to 2014 in the old Paxilprogress forum ( which has been closed). This guy cured PERMANENTLY after 18 months of suffering PSSD with anhedonia. At the 17th month he had attempted suicide unsuccesfully -in the hospital a doctor prescribed him Wellbutrin and after around a month began something to change.

Then, his recovery was very fast, almost miraculous, to a degree I did not believe in my eyes -he was in a worse situation than me! We continued talking for two years until around 2016, and was completely healthy without any drug or supplement. For this reason I said he cured permanently. He never wrote to forums about his recovery and I dοn't blame him for that. Maybe if I were in his situation, after this rebirth, I would do the same...But unfortunately I am not in his situation.
We have lost our communication mainly because of me around 2016.

After so long I still wonder if his case was the exception of the norm since I have seen minimal cases of permanent recovery and minimal success stories with Wellbutrin. Βut who knows? there may be other such stories and never learn it...

ps: Ι wanted to share some messages only for courage, guys. I cry every time I read our communication. I'm glad for his recovery but at the same time I am so jealous...
ps2: Sorry for my bad English!
decadence

Re: A recovery story

so...

-Hi drizzy! How are you? I am doing very badly, with all these unbeliavable symptoms. Please tell me if the end of suffering is possible . It feels so permanent. Are you still taking Wellbutrin? Do you believe that helps you? How about genital anesthesia? I want to tell me some details for some things that helped you, like a specific way of thinking maybe ... Your improvement is amazing! Can you have sex like the old good time? Can you feel like a normal human? I wish I have your luck some day... I am suffering like crazy almost 1.5 year now.
Many greetings man.

-Hi Ricardo,
I am leading my normal life again. Feeling good and stable. Of course it is possible to feel human again! Otherwise my life was over. You will have your life back, believe me!
Believe it or not but the terrible genital aneSthesia is GONE. So even that is possible! My libido is higher than ever..i feel like having sex every day. It s incredible. I think my libido is so high because of the supplements I take. Maca, pycnogenol, zinc and arginine.
Yes I still take Wellbutrin 150 mg. I don' t know if it does something. When I don' t take it dor 2 days i don' t feel a difference, so I can' t say it helps or not.
My emotions are very strong again. Sometimes my eyes get watery if I see something emotional on tv or internet.
Actually i can say that I am completely back to normal Ricardo. It seems already long ago that I was sick.
Tips: start supplements, read success stories every day, start running ( no excuses!!!), stop thinking about serotonin, picture your happy self in the future and BELIEVE you will heal.
You reached almost 18 months, congratulations! The same like me! Maybe things will change for you too at 18 months. I really hope so!
I am looking forward to spring and summer! Have not enjoyed the sun for 2 years now. Can' t wait to swim and have beers on terraces!
Keep breathing amigo... You will feel better. You can' t feel like this for the next 50 years. I am sure of that.
Greetings

-Drizzy, hi man! I am soooo glad for your progress!!! How are you doing now? I am unfortunately in this unbeliavable nightmare...Dont forget me!

-Hi Ricardo! I won't forget you man! Keep strong and holding on! Maybe another few weeks/months and then things can change very rapidly, I am proof...

I am doing fantastic man, I can't believe it!

Partied very hard (till 8 in the morning) a few times the last weeks (nightclubs)...lots of interest in girls and their lovely bodies:tongue: And they are interested as well because my eyes shine because I am feeling so happy to be normal again.

and my libido is getting higher and higher...almost higher than pre-SSRI..unbelievable. I don't even think about PSSD anymore because I feel almost back to normal sexually! How amazing man! I don't believe anymore that PSSD is permanent of course! Am I an exception?? I DON'T KNOW BUT I FEEL VERY LUCKY AND RELIEVED. I want you to feel the same!

I am very active again..tonight I am meeting a girl :smile:

I don't want to make you too jealous so I will stop now but just know that recovery is possible and fantastic!!!

NEVER GIVE UP IT'S SUCH A WONDERFUL LIFE!

-Drizzy! How are you man? Are you still on holidays? My news are bad again, unfortunately. I am in the same situation, no change. It's been 2 years... I ve lost all my hopes my friend. Are you completely recovered drizzy? I am thinking all the the time what was the "key" in your recovery... I am thinking about Wellbutrin or icariin maybe? Or only the time? Pff I can't do it man,I don't have patience anymore. Death is all the time in my fucking brain. I hope to hear from you me soon.. Drink a beer in my health

-Yo man!
Yes all is fine here. Had a short holiday at the coast/beach. And saturday we went to a party at a surfclub and I met a very funny girl with a great body :-) She invited me in her bed haha. She was home alone in a big villa and we had GREAT sex! Pssd is a thing of the past for me for sure.. Everything worked like it used to, she really enjoyed it and I did too! She wants to see me again..
So life is good. I run a lot now, about 15 km a week. No supplements anymore, no pills, nothing.
I still didn't write my story down on the pssd forum and SA forum, but I will do it for sure. It's now more than six months that I feel normal again and four months that Pssd is gone 100%. I am still full of gratitude every day.
Its a pity you are still feeling the same. Keep holding on and NEVER give up. It will change some day!! Keep me posted. Do you leave the house now and then? Run? Walk?
Greets
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

This is a positive story! I'll eventually add it to my website. I'll add it to my to do list: Ghosttodo
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Gth27

Unread post by Gth27 »

Can you tell us more about him? Which drug caused his pssd? And what were his symptoms?
Timm Thaler

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

decadence wrote:
After so long I still wonder if his case was the exception of the norm since I have seen minimal cases of permanent recovery and minimal success stories with Wellbutrin. Βut who knows? there may be other such stories and never learn it...
decadence, thank you for sharing this story! Have you ever thought about or tried taking Welbutrin yourself for a prolonged period of time after having seen his success?
decadence

Gth27 wrote:Can you tell us more about him? Which drug caused his pssd? And what were his symptoms?
It was from Escitalopram, he was on it for two months. He had full symptoms of PSSD -genital anesthesia, loss of libido, ED, lack of sportaneous erections. Also, he suffered from extreme anhedonia and blunted emotions. Ηe was 36 years old in 2014. In this period we had daily communication.
decadence

Timm Thaler wrote:
decadence wrote:
decadence, thank you for sharing this story! Have you ever thought about or tried taking Welbutrin yourself for a prolonged period of time after having seen his success?
Yes, I tried Wellbutrin after his progress (almost immidiately) for around 3 weeks. I didn' t 've success. it worsen generally my situation (not PSSD). I could not tolerate the side effects with no way, it caused me extreme insomnia, akathisia (I was ALL day to and fro), terrible anxiety.
Keep in mind I had already dependency to benzos at this time, I think it played a major role. Maybe I will try again after quitting the clonazepam with a compination of the exact supplements he had taken.

This shit is so f@#g individual...
Blueturtle

Unread post by Blueturtle »

Great to hear he’s doing better, this is an awesome story!
PSSD from citalopram.
Took it Winter 2012-Summer 2016
Cut cold turkey. Symptoms include genital anesthesia, ejaculatory anhedonia, low libido, Burning/tingling genital pain.
My story: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2536
Yellow99

Unread post by Yellow99 »

Oh wow thank you for posting this, I‘m happy for him.

I hope every person that ever gets cured or better writes it in the Forum. Hope is powerful.
qwerty1573

Unread post by qwerty1573 »

can you give us more message record since he started to use wellbutrin?just want to know how emotionally blunted he was and how he gradually recovered.