Scout19 intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Scout19

Scout19 intro

Unread post by Scout19 »

What is your gender?
Male, 26

2- Why did you take antidepressants in the first place? and for how long were you on them? which med?

My psychiatrist pushed me to take Citalopram. Took it for three years, sexual dysfunction only took effect upon discontinuation.
Been off for a year and a half. No improvement. There have been occasional windows here and there that lasted a few days to a week.

3- How was your sexual and emotional function before antidepressant intake?

Sexuality was very good, even while on Citalopram. Used to take Adderall/Dexedrine which made me hyper sexual.

4- What are your symptoms exactly and when did they start? sexual dyfunction alone, or cognitive/emotional/hedonistic as well? which symptom is bothering you the most?

Low libido, weaker erections, pleasureless orgasm. Also premature ejaculation

Not really aware of emotional anhedonia as much. I do have constant brain fog, reduced critical thinking, and feeling of pressure in head.

What bothers me most is lack of libido and pleasureless orgasms.

5- What meds/suppplements have you tried so far?

Curcumin— made things significantly worse for several months.

Cabergoline—also made things worse for over a month (from just one pill). Had a really odd reaction to this drug. Took one pill, became extremely sick for a couple days, then for three weeks had absolutely no libido or sexual functioning, followed by a week long window.

Cordyceps, Inositol, Maca, ginseng—no effect

6- Do you have access to meds without prescription (buy online), or would strictly require a prescription for meds to try?
Yeah I can buy online. I’m actuallly considering buying metergoline to see if a serotonin antagonist would help me.

7- Can you tolerate galicky foods? what about proteins?
Yes.

8- Have you done any blood testing? what were the results?
I had a hormone test done. Everything was in normal range.