Attempting to cure/reverse my own PSSD

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Meso

Re: Attempting to cure/reverse my own PSSD

Unread post by Meso »

Update:
I managed to get 8 hours of sleep on GABAergic and woke up very refreshed this time around. My mood has improved significantly and I'm symptom-free again. Looks like the relapse was indeed caused by sleep deprivation, as I'm doing much better today.
Imtrying34 wrote:I'm still getting my hands on the semax nasal spray
I already explained what that could be on your thread. Your limbic system has gone haywire and to restore your response to dopaminergics you are going to need neurotrophic agents like Semax or peptide P21 for at least 6 months.
PittieLady wrote:Jm guessing I have the insomnia issues too. Any recommendations for that with my current regime of meds? Sbould I do like a melatonin?
I'll update your thread soon. Thanks for understanding.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
nasibi

Unread post by nasibi »

@Meso

Great! Which Gabaergic did you take and what dose?
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. :(
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

nasibi wrote:@Meso

Great! Which Gabaergic did you take and what dose?
I took Pregabalin @150 mg. It isn't a sustainable solution due to side effects, so I'm considering a switch to its little brother Gabapentin.

Current regimen remains the same.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

I've been getting more and more anhedonic and asocial. I rarely visit the forum anymore or talk to anyone. I don't know if this is because of sleep deprivation or because of GABAergics I take for sleeping, but I'm done.

I thought this was because of SJW's 5HT2A upregulation, so I tried Flibanserin and got no effect from that. Which means the root cause of my relapse could be postsynaptic 5HT1A desensitization from Vortioxetine and not 5HT2A upregulation, since Flibanserin had no effect.

Sleep deprivation also plays a major role, but I got refreshing sleep today because of Pregabalin and I woke up in a bad mood despite of this. Yesterday's results couldn't be replicated this time around.

I don't think 600 mg SJW is enough to counteract this. I'm not even sure SJW is powerful enough to counteract a direct agonist-induced desensitization at any dose.
mmbkk

Unread post by mmbkk »

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the return of symptoms. Can you clarify, do you suspect Vortioxetine as the issue here? It was on my list to try as you seemed to be having positive results.
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Sleep deprivation can desensitize 5HT1a:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16408408

Check out this guide I wrote on sleep hygiene for tips to improve sleep:

https://www.reddit.com/r/insomnia/comme ... _insomnia/
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

@Mesolimbo have you seen any changes in your libido, erection quality, semen volume, or sensation in genitals? The reason I ask is because 5ht1a postsynaptic receptors are mostly responsible for penile erections but I suspect postsynaptic receptors affects all of the above
pssd'd

Unread post by pssd'd »

In a study in diabetic rats, pegabalin reduced nitric oxide synthesis. If that matters!
PittieLady

Unread post by PittieLady »

The issue I had with insomnia was resolved by taking the vortioxitine in the am vs before bed. The emotional positive gains have declined a bit, however. Feeling a bit "blah" the last few days
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

I really sorry what happend meso, i hope you reach homeostasis again in the next weeks or month and reach relief in anhedonia again :c i hope you dont left us.
Mesolimbo wrote:
Sumatriptan (5HT1B/1D full agonist) gave me one of the first "windows" with amelioration of many of the symptoms, but the effect was short-lived as rapid tolerance set in. This shouldn't happen with a partial agonist.

WAY-100135, a research compound, is a 5HT1B/1D partial agonist and 5HT1A antagonist. It looks very interesting, at least on paper.

Given that SERT is downregulated semi-permanently, a partial agonist of 5HT1 receptor (all subtypes) with moderate to high intrinsic activity would be beneficial, I reckon, for limiting serotonin transmission somewhat and offering some symptomatic relief without causing tolerance.

What kinds of relief we can expect whit a 5ht1b/1D agonist?
Mesolimbo wrote:
There's something I've been concerned about. I feel like SJW is upregulating 5HT2A receptors too much, as I'm feeling more anhedonic by the day. I've asked Snake if he does feel the same way and currently waiting for a reply.

This is consistency whit other users had reported on SJW, first, a window, and then, an increase in anhedonia. Sounds logical the theory of 5ht2 upregulatuion and dopamine blunting release.
If 5ht2 blunts dopamine release, that doesnt make it the most stupid receptor in the human brain?
Mesolimbo wrote: If SJW does so, then I have no choice but to quit it and take Memantine instead for upregulation of 5HT1A and D2-family receptors, as I don't want to take a 5HT2 antagonist to avoid taking too many drugs simultaneously.
Flibanserin downregulated 5ht2 and activates 5ht1a?
Thats doesnt create a perfect synergic whit SJW?
Also, im worried about a possible flibanserin whitdrawal and side effects. Is a new drug. Practically every drug has somekind of tolerance whit time. We know baclofen has it.
Mesolimbo wrote:
barbaar wrote: Hypothetically speaking, what other things would be needed to benefit from LTP? I can't imagine just doing psychedelics by themselves would be enough. I did shrooms a few years ago with no lasting effects, positive or negative.
Restore HPA axis reactivity. Cortisol -> glutamate release -> LTP.
This is why I take Baclofen + Memantine, to downregulate GR (restoring HPA reactivity) and glutamate release (NMDA antagonism mediated).

Meaby you need more glutamate/shrooms in your regimen to make LTP to happend?
Im sorry if this statement sounds like pseudo-cience
----
Also, do flibanserin share a similar mechanism of action of SSRIs?