Another infinityzer00000 post

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
infinityzer00000

Another infinityzer00000 post

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted because if I'm being truthful I don't think about this site at all anymore, but I think it's helpful if I post here.

Let's get one thing clear here. Recovery is going to be a slow and grueling process. Of the few times that I have visited this site just to see what is going on I still see a lot of different drugs being pedaled for a cure. I don't think this will be a permanent fix, but it may offer temporary relief just like the drugs did when we first took them.

Cognitively I would say I am almost back to 100% although I still do feel that my stress levels are higher than they should be to normal situations. This is still a work in progress.

What I attribute most to my recovery was the grievance process through meditation. I was an extremely emotionally abused child and it has taken a lot of personal reflection to overcome this. I still work on it till this day.

I don't currently take any drugs, but I will be honest that alcohol has been beneficial in helping my recovery. Let me explain. Alcohol if used respectively will help suppress the stress response and allow me to feel safe enough to grieve my past. I know that sounds controversial, but again I am just trying to be honest. The act of crying out or expressing those subconscious emotions have allowed me to recover quite significantly. I am slowly regaining my confidence which comes with it an increased libido. I have started to love myself before I can comfortably love another. If you browse my post history you can probably gauge my level of recovery. It is slow.

I am starting to consciously feel my anger and my sadness and my love for things in this world, but they are still hesitant to present themselves.

My girlfriend is now 6 months pregnant and when I think about that little girl growing inside her I am overcome with emotion. Something I haven't felt in nearly a decade.

If the users of this forum would like me to continue giving updates than I will. I would like to offer the hope of normalcy because that is what I think most of us are here for.

I would like to reiterate that I don't believe drugs are the answer. The body and mind will return to homeostasis if you allow it and give it the time to heal.

One thing that as also been beneficial if speaking to God. I know this is a difficult concept to understand because atheism is now rampant in Western society, but it really does help. I say this because I would go for a drive in my car to be a lone and speak to God. This gave me the ability to be angry and upset at the world and my situation and grieve the life that had been bestowed upon me.

Your subconscious will speak to you if you give it the time of day.

Best of luck my friends.
Numby

Re: Another infinityzer00000 post

Unread post by Numby »

Reading your post makes me really angry. From what you are writing you are probably severely traumatized which is the reason why you suffered from sd (not pssd). I’m repeating myself: Not everybody on this forum is traumatized. If trauma was the reason for our problems, things wouldn’t be so difficult because there are lots of treatment options for trauma (of which alcohol is definitely one of the worst options).

You are honestly telling people they should drink alcohol and pray to god in order to get cured. THIS WON’T WORK for people who suffer from permanent side effects after discontinuation of an SSRI.
If prayers help you in regaining your sexuality, this only proves that your symptoms are 100% psychological. What you’re talking about is not PSSD.
decadence

Unread post by decadence »

Infinityzer, you don't have PSSD. From all your posts is clear.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Thanks for sharing your experience and very glad you are feeling so much better. However I also feel the need to comment (for the benefit of anyone who may come across this post) that it doesn’t sound like you had Pssd, which is great news for you!

I took two pills and I had no idea that SD was a side effect so I can absolutely rule out any psychological or non-chemical cause of my suddenly appearing SD after these two pills. For me and other Pssd sufferers it IS chemical, and no amount of positive thinking etc will help. Drugs did this to us and we’ll need drugs to fix us.

Good luck
infinityzer00000

From the few posts I will make my counter arguments.
Numby82 wrote:Reading your post makes me really angry. From what you are writing you are probably severely traumatized which is the reason why you suffered from sd (not pssd). I’m repeating myself: Not everybody on this forum is traumatized. If trauma was the reason for our problems, things wouldn’t be so difficult because there are lots of treatment options for trauma (of which alcohol is definitely one of the worst options).

You are honestly telling people they should drink alcohol and pray to god in order to get cured. THIS WON’T WORK for people who suffer from permanent side effects after discontinuation of an SSRI.
If prayers help you in regaining your sexuality, this only proves that your symptoms are 100% psychological. What you’re talking about is not PSSD.
Furst of all numby82 the meaning of PSSD is post SSRI sexual dysfunction, which I did have after stopping the SSRI I was on for many years called fluvoxamine (which is an SSRI). Next you will say that not everyone on this forum is traumatized, but I will counter that everyone here took a medication for mental symptoms that bothered them to a degree that they sought them out in the first place. All sources of anxiety, depression, phobia etc are the result of trauma. This is fact. You were traumatized at some point to elicit the symptoms that you have where you wanted medication to rectify them. Then you go on to criticize me for giving my input on my personal situation. Psychological symptoms can manifest themselves in a physical way as the mind and the body are connected and the bodies responsibility in trauma is to protect the mind and visa versa. You simply don't have an in depth understanding of what you're talking about.
Last edited by infinityzer00000 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infinityzer00000

decadence wrote:Infinityzer, you don't have PSSD. From all your posts is clear.
PSSD stands for post SSRI sexual dysfunction which is what happened after I stopped taking fluvoxamine which is an SSRI. According to your own definition it was what I still continue to have. You simply can't comprehend English if you fail to realize this point.
infinityzer00000

Kk88 wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience and very glad you are feeling so much better. However I also feel the need to comment (for the benefit of anyone who may come across this post) that it doesn’t sound like you had Pssd, which is great news for you!

I took two pills and I had no idea that SD was a side effect so I can absolutely rule out any psychological or non-chemical cause of my suddenly appearing SD after these two pills. For me and other Pssd sufferers it IS chemical, and no amount of positive thinking etc will help. Drugs did this to us and we’ll need drugs to fix us.

Good luck
You've convinced yourself that it is chemical and therefore convinced yourself that only another chemical will be able to fix the problem that you currently have. The reaction to that chemical and the situation itself results in a traumatic stress response from the body and the mind because you were fucking with it in the first place. You and everyone else here are going to continue down this path looking for chemical fixes and it will likely never come. The best bet you all have is realizing that the stress response needs to be undone so the healing can take place. You took this drugs in the first place to deal with something in your life what you did not like because you wanted to avoid it. I am just suggesting an alternative. You and everyone else here took drugs and then have the audacity to say that none of you have experience trauma in your life. There is an obvious similarity amongst all of us that we are sensitive to the things around us and that may include the medication was sought to help us. I am telling you that you and everyone else here will not find a chemical fix to your problems unless the blood test results you get indicate otherwise.
Numby

Unread post by Numby »

First of all numby82 the meaning of PSSD is post SSRI sexual dysfunction, which I did have after stopping the SSRI I was on for many years called fluvoxamine (which is an SSRI).

I don’t know about your situation, but my symptoms started immediately when I started Fluoxetine. The symptoms never stopped after discontinuation and I didn’t have a single window in 10 years. I got slightly better when reducing the dose and after discontinuation. But basically the symptoms stayed the same. According to your arguments, the symptoms are drug-induced as long as people are on the drug (I don’t think that you are trying to say that ssris do not have side effects...) and when people stop the drug and CONTINUE to have the same symptoms, these symptoms are suddenly trauma-induced. This does not make sense.
You simply don't have an in depth understanding of what you're talking about.
Yes, I do. I went down this whole trauma path and was willing to see PSSD as trauma-related. But it didn’t help at all. Even my psychiatrist (who was 100% sure I am traumatized) concluded at some point that my sexual symptoms are not trauma-related because there is absolutely nothing in my life that would lead into this direction.

It’s nice that you are feeling better and maybe there are people on this forum who already know that they’re traumatized or who will find out, but please don’t overgeneralize your theory.
zzz

Unread post by zzz »

I had to create this account to defend infinityzer00000, I had pssd 100% no doubts about it, I had every symptom possible but now I can say i'm almost cured (I'm mainly dealing with other issues).

Every person here is convinced that if the problem was chemical, then that's the only way to treat it. I took a different approach too I tried to fix it through my body and through my mind. One of these days, I'll be making a post too of how I cured myself. Even though I dont agree 100% with infinityzer assessment, I think hes still treating some of the symptons of pssd.

infinityzer00000 I'm really happy for your recovery, It's really great too feel emotions again.