PSSD after just 5 days of venlafaxine?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Wills10

PSSD after just 5 days of venlafaxine?

Unread post by Wills10 »

I was on venlafaxine xr for only 5 days at the lowest dose 37.5. The 1st couple days no sexual side effects it wasent until the 3rd maybe 4th day i noticed it and could not really orgasm it took forevvvvvver. It also messed up my appetite. So I stopped taking it.

Ive been off it for maybe 5-7 days or so, and I can orgasm but it feels like a half orgasm, it does not feel as good or intense an there was also 1 or 2 times where I orgasmed and didn't even realy realize I did.

I'm only 23. I've tried seteraline ans paxil in the past but for only 2 or 3 days and nothing like this ever happened.

I'm freaking out about this, its making me deppressed and I was not really deppressed before I took it for panic disorder
cdraham

Re: PSSD after just 5 days of venlafaxine?

Unread post by cdraham »

Unfortunately it's possible. I got it from venlaflaxine too.
John321

Unread post by John321 »

Wills10 wrote:I was on venlafaxine xr for only 5 days at the lowest dose 37.5. The 1st couple days no sexual side effects it wasent until the 3rd maybe 4th day i noticed it and could not really orgasm it took forevvvvvver. It also messed up my appetite. So I stopped taking it.

Ive been off it for maybe 5-7 days or so, and I can orgasm but it feels like a half orgasm, it does not feel as good or intense an there was also 1 or 2 times where I orgasmed and didn't even realy realize I did.

I'm only 23. I've tried seteraline ans paxil in the past but for only 2 or 3 days and nothing like this ever happened.

I'm freaking out about this, its making me deppressed and I was not really deppressed before I took it for panic disorder
Hi Wills,
For most people sexual side effects go away with time. It's too early for you to label it as pssd.I have been off SSRI's for 7-8 months now and I have slowly reached 50-60% functioning ,getting windows in between. I know it's tough but wait for atleast a month before labeling it as PSSD. Hopefully your issue will resolve by itself in a months time.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

@John321 Which type of PSSD do you get? Do you get only the sexual effects?
John321

Unread post by John321 »

cdraham wrote:@John321 Which type of PSSD do you get? Do you get only the sexual effects?
Hi,
I didn't get anhedonia for sure. Penile numbness, ED and loss of libido were my main symptoms. It has gotten better by 50% in the last 6 months with Windows of 70-80% functioning . So you can say my symptoms were mostly sexual. Ejaculation is almost 80-90%, numbness 50% better. ED varies from 40-90% mostly being around 40% but have got random erections also during my window. I tried a few supplements but I don't think anything helped. It improved with time only. L argagine helped a bit but I think time has been the biggest healer
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

John321 wrote:
cdraham wrote:@John321 Which type of PSSD do you get? Do you get only the sexual effects?
Hi,
I didn't get anhedonia for sure. Penile numbness, ED and loss of libido were my main symptoms. It has gotten better by 50% in the last 6 months with Windows of 70-80% functioning . So you can say my symptoms were mostly sexual. Ejaculation is almost 80-90%, numbness 50% better. ED varies from 40-90% mostly being around 40% but have got random erections also during my window. I tried a few supplements but I don't think anything helped. It improved with time only. L argagine helped a bit but I think time has been the biggest healer
Great you seem to be recovering with time.. Does your response to alcohol/drugs still work?
John321

Unread post by John321 »

cdraham wrote:
John321 wrote:
Hi,
Great you seem to be recovering with time.. Does your response to alcohol/drugs still work?
I can get high with alcohol but get weird headaches the next day so have reduced my drinking. As per drug illicit drugs, haven't been into it so can't comment about it
Godfuckingdamnit

Unread post by Godfuckingdamnit »

It took me just 3 days of 75mg venlafaxine to develop PSSD, but don't freak out just yet - for most people it goes away with time.
PSSD 3-2018, at28.
Effexor for 14 days total (PSSD on 3rd day).
Developed Ulcerative Colitis shortly thereafter.
PSSD start: intense tingling and penis went flaccid.
ED, numbness, little to no libido. Few weak morning woods.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Godfuckingdamnit wrote:It took me just 3 days of 75mg venlafaxine to develop PSSD, but don't freak out just yet - for most people it goes away with time.
God damn.. did it go away for you? Im considering to try mesolimbos symptomatic relief regime, since he got conplex pssd from venlaflaxine too.
Godfuckingdamnit

Unread post by Godfuckingdamnit »

Nope, it's been a year and 5 months, didnt go away for me.
PSSD 3-2018, at28.
Effexor for 14 days total (PSSD on 3rd day).
Developed Ulcerative Colitis shortly thereafter.
PSSD start: intense tingling and penis went flaccid.
ED, numbness, little to no libido. Few weak morning woods.