If you have PSSD, stay the hell away from paracetamol/acetominophen (yet another crash)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Bear

If you have PSSD, stay the hell away from paracetamol/acetominophen (yet another crash)

Unread post by Bear »

I got total ED that lasted for 5 weeks from 2 500mg doses of paracetamol while sick with the flu. Seriously, I only got one erection in that entire time, whereas previously I'd average around 2 a day. My dick and balls shrivelled up and felt to be in pain much of the time. I am currently taking 2g L-arginine every day and that seems to have brought me more or less back to baseline. I'm scared to go off if it to see if these effects last, though. It also may be waning a bit slightly, as I've been taking it for a couple of months now. I think my emotional bluntness and sleep disturbances are a bit worse as well, but that could be entirely stress-related.

This is the 4th or 5th paracetamol crash that I know of on this forum now, so learn your lesson and don't take it.
logicalscout

Re: If you have PSSD, stay the hell away from paracetamol/acetominophen (yet another crash)

Unread post by logicalscout »

I also crashed from ibuprofen/paracetamol when I had the flu, i felt my glands become numb and achy.
Chuck83

Re: If you have PSSD, stay the hell away from paracetamol/acetominophen (yet another crash)

Unread post by Chuck83 »

I recovered from the paracentamol crash in 3 months, I'm very sorry to see all these crashes on this drugs. I am worried if in the future I should have the flu with a high fever what could I take? I have a family history of aspirin allergy and my doctor doesn't want to take it. I never had problems with 500mg paracentamol, I crashed with two 1000mg tablets in two days.
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Very strange, I've always felt a slight boost i.e. harder erections after I've taken paracetamol...I only take it very occasionally when I have a bad cold etc...never seems to have much effect on the cold symptoms.

21g
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
Broken

Unread post by Broken »

Thank you very much for posting this, Bear. I really appreciate it.
2010~2012: Prozac, Concerta, Wellbutrin (no effects)
2012~2018: Effexor with 150 mg being typical dose. Weaned off March, reinstatement in June, abrupt cessation in September.
Severe ED, less ejaculate, definitive shrinkage, lack of libido, anhedonia.
iull1k

Unread post by iull1k »

It's not anly about paracetamol, any pain/fever killer have the same effect.