Betaine HCl

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
AnhedonicApe

Re: Betaine HCl

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

raven100 wrote:I'm sorry to hear you've crashed AnhedonicApe, it's possible that it was the Betaine, however we've also seen a lot of people see improvements on Choline CDP and Betaine, (even seen a recovery on the former), and haven't seen other crashes. Vitamin B12 and Choline are methyl donors and part of our every day diets, so I'm skeptical that we should be avoiding certain foods due to their methyl donor properties
I have spoken to several others who have crashed just like me on methyl donors, with permanent worsening. Some people on B12, some on betaine. I am not saying it's bad for everyone. Sadly with PSSD no one is the same. What I am saying is, is watch out, because it's less innocent then it may seem. I am not saying u should stop eating everything that contains it. Just watch out with taking extra supplements, because I and others severly crashed on it. Check out this thread: https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/a-warn ... mins/32044
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

That's quite a worrying thread thanks for sharing, could definitely be more to this than I initially gave credit for
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

raven100 wrote:I'm sorry to hear you've crashed AnhedonicApe, it's possible that it was the Betaine, however we've also seen a lot of people see improvements on Choline CDP and Betaine, (even seen a recovery on the former), and haven't seen other crashes. Vitamin B12 and Choline are methyl donors and part of our every day diets, so I'm skeptical that we should be avoiding certain foods due to their methyl donor properties
I took DMG in November for several days. I felt that skin under eyes is more tired? so stopped that. Same for piracetam. CDP choline taken once this JAN gave me despair like thoughts. Someone mentioned this already.
continue

Unread post by continue »

I take beetroot juice daily, and it is a source of betaine
afx

Unread post by afx »

AnhedonicApe wrote:
I have spoken to several others who have crashed just like me on methyl donors, with permanent worsening. Some people on B12, some on betaine. I am not saying it's bad for everyone. Sadly with PSSD no one is the same. What I am saying is, is watch out, because it's less innocent then it may seem. I am not saying u should stop eating everything that contains it. Just watch out with taking extra supplements, because I and others severly crashed on it. Check out this thread: https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/a-warn ... mins/32044
Did You give a thought to a possibility that Betaine crashed You mainly because it releases Estrogen from the cells? Also what points to that possibility is that You also developed gyno suddenly. Just an aspect that I would seriously think of that may be behind Your crash, despite for Betaine being a methyl donor, may not be the main mechanism that caused Your worsening… (this doesnt mean taking high doses of methyls is a good idea)… Sometimes we may get too focused on one aspect and miss the real one on the way - just something to keep in mind and consider