Foods to avoid

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Frog

Foods to avoid

Unread post by Frog »

Hi all,

I’ve been reading through some threads and have seen that a few people have crashed or experienced a worsening of symptoms from ginger. I was wondering if there were any other foods/ingredients that have made anyone worse?
finities infinities

Re: Foods to avoid

Unread post by finities infinities »

Egg, chicken, cinnamon, fishs, bananas. Overall high protein food.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

finities infinities wrote:Egg, chicken, cinnamon, fishs, bananas. Overall high protein food.

Strange because I eat chicken a lot and it’s never affected me. This happened to anyone else or have any reasons for this?
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

Meaby because chicken has high amount of triptophan, wich is latter converted in serotonin, raysing serotonin to much seems to make things worst for some people.

Same ive eating a lot of chicke whit no noticeable effect good or bad
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

succubus76 wrote:Meaby because chicken has high amount of triptophan, wich is latter converted in serotonin, raysing serotonin to much seems to make things worst for some people.

This just shows how PSSD is unique to each individual. It’s the same with food as it is with medication and supplements
John321

Unread post by John321 »

For me, I am trying a raw vegan diet to heal from PSSD and incidentally I had my recent window when I was out on a trip eating junk food. I have had windows on the raw vegan diet but I can't seem to find any correlation whatsoever. The harder I try to find anything the more confused I become.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

Yes, but not only serotonin, but also activates kynurenine- produced quinolinic acid and excitotoxicity. Chicken is very tich in glutamic acid, i'm very bad reaction to monosodium glutamate- worsen my symptoms, chicken is more milder version MSG food. Egg and fish, don't know but I don't know what acetylcholine working in me.
continue

Unread post by continue »

John321 wrote:For me, I am trying a raw vegan diet to heal from PSSD and incidentally I had my recent window when I was out on a trip eating junk food. I have had windows on the raw vegan diet but I can't seem to find any correlation whatsoever. The harder I try to find anything the more confused I become.
this happens to me 10 years ago, while eating PIZZA HUT.

later I discovered animal saturated fat and salt would help my symptoms.
continue

Unread post by continue »

succubus76 wrote:Meaby because chicken has high amount of triptophan, wich is latter converted in serotonin, raysing serotonin to much seems to make things worst for some people.

the way to diminish tryptophan is NOT TO AVOID PROTEIN AT ALL! if you avoid protein at all, you're diminishing other neurotransmiters like dopamine also. by the way, eggs do good to most people, due to choline content, and I find this restrictive diet completely random.

if one wants to diminish serotonin, one should diminish carbohydrates (carbohydrates INCREASE tryptophan assimilation) and add gelatin+collagen+glicine to the diet. these aminoacids compete with tryptophan.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Also carbs induce serotonin release, while protein inhibits release, so avoid carbs and see if that helps. If you have developed insomnia from ssri try not to consume food before you sleep especially carbs