Inositol Powder

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
AdvencedResearchPL

Re: Inositol Powder

Unread post by AdvencedResearchPL »

raskolnikov wrote:Hey guys! I want to give inositol a try next december. Few questions:

1- Should I take 18g once daily or should I split doses?
2- Should I take it in the morning, afternoon or night?
3- Should I take it on empty stomach or after meals?
4- Is there a specific brand or something like this that I should look for? The inositol that works for PSSD is the myo? The other? Or doesnt matter?
5- How long should I take it?
1 better split because you will have diarrhea
2 yes
3 doesn't matter
4 I was taking MY PROTEINE
5 at least month
raskolnikov

Unread post by raskolnikov »

Thanks for your answers, guys! They will help a lot. :)
link11

Unread post by link11 »

I wish I had never taken this stuff.
Having taken it for 5 weeks at a dose of 12 grams a day, it really messed up my vocabulary,focus and word finding abilities.
I think of the wrong word so often now and see words that aren't even there when reading.
Any idea what the hell has happened or how to reverse? Serotonin toxicity perhaps...
enriqueiglesias

Unread post by enriqueiglesias »

I know what you're talking, albeit only from short-term effects. I would take anything that increases dopamine (some Shilajit is not bad), also Omega 3 oil with high content of DHA and EPA (just stronger), and anything else that supports basic brain health and balance like CDP Choline/Citicoline and Uridine.
Also Magnesium L-Threonate, which is just a stronger form of Magnesium for the brain and can feel good and supportive to take.
Since Inositol is supposed to downregulate 5HT2a receptors, you might also give Willow Bark extract a shot (or St. John's Wort), which is an 5ht2a antagonist.
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

I thought I read inositol powder resensitized seretonin receptors, so wouldn’t that make it an agonist? I know it’s helped at 12g daily for me unless it’s coincidence that within days of taking it I had improvement.
raskolnikov

Unread post by raskolnikov »

link11 wrote:I wish I had never taken this stuff.
Having taken it for 5 weeks at a dose of 12 grams a day, it really messed up my vocabulary,focus and word finding abilities.
I think of the wrong word so often now and see words that aren't even there when reading.
Any idea what the hell has happened or how to reverse? Serotonin toxicity perhaps...
Hey man, sorry to hear about that. Hope those side effects will vanish soon. Could you please keep us updated? Some people (like me) are thinking about giving inositol a try, but the last thing we need at this point is to mess up even more with our health.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

Inositol always give a little boost in erection and seamen volume next day. The benefits are always temporary for 1-2 days. It also gives me concentration problems. So I take it sometimes on weekend
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
Vercingétorix

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

Hello, I've been taking inositol for about one month for what seems to be ssri-related sexual dysfunction (but some of my symptoms are similar to pssd, read my post in the presentation topic if you are interested). I have some questions about inositol.

I started getting an good improvement after 6 days of treatement, 12 g/day, so how long should I continue taking inositol ?
When I stop the treatement, how long could I expect the improvement to last ?
Is it better to lower gradually before stop it ?

(sorry if these questions have already been answered here)
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

Vercingétorix wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:05 pm Hello, I've been taking inositol for about one month for what seems to be ssri-related sexual dysfunction (but some of my symptoms are similar to pssd, read my post in the presentation topic if you are interested). I have some questions about inositol.

I started getting an good improvement after 6 days of treatement, 12 g/day, so how long should I continue taking inositol ?
When I stop the treatement, how long could I expect the improvement to last ?
Is it better to lower gradually before stop it ?

(sorry if these questions have already been answered here)
what is the reason for your questions, when you experienced improvements but no recovery yet?

My advice... don't change a running system and keep taking it. Or reduce the dose from week to week ( minus 2 g each week) and if the improvement vanishes, raise they dose again - in other words, experiment with it!