Should I spend any time on this? (propeciahelp admins)

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.

Should I spend any time on this?

Yes, it's important for me to know about the discrepancies in their PFS hypothesis.
25%
No, it's neither worth the time nor the effort, as both conditions don't share the same etiology and I'm not interested.
75%

Total votes: 12
Meso

Should I spend any time on this? (propeciahelp admins)

Unread post by Meso »

EDIT: Removed parts fueled by personal matters in order, again, to make the thread less inflammatory in nature.

Several people have asked me to find holes in propeciahelp admins' hypothesis regarding PFS.

This request is made by people who report feeling frustrated being kept in the dark by the admins, as they lack transparency* regarding their public-funded research and delete any thread discussing their study.
* I treat this as a rumor; as I hadn't been on propeciahelp long enough to judge for myself.

I've initially wanted to write a counter-argument thread about it, backed with references and citations that reveal the aforementioned discrepancies, however I was approached by other members who expressed that it would only harm future PSSD-PFS collaboration.

This entire situation is starting to spiral into the personal territory. There are a lot of strong personal opinions, on both sides, making any interaction (even if indirect) too inflammatory. However, I don't want my personal opinion get in the way of future collaboration between members of the PSSD community (excluding myself) and the propeciahelp admins. I find it that I better just focus on PSSD solely, since I don't think both conditions share the same etiology in any way.

I'll leave the voting to you.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Jaxx

Re: Should I spend any time on this?

Unread post by Jaxx »

Enough work to be done on pssd...
Bear

Unread post by Bear »

Personally I would continue building on PSSD theory and helping others with their symptoms, then when you've got enough people saying that they've significantly improved from taking your advice you can try again.
lookingforacure

Unread post by lookingforacure »

Hi Meso,

I’m sure this is not the right place to post this, but I just want to tell you that I can tell from reading your research posts that you’re highly intelligent, articulate, and logical. A lot of doctors and psychiatrists think that we as a group are suffering primarily from something psychological in nature (mine ascribes my PSSD symptoms to a conversion disorder), and while the nature of a forum like this is simply that it selects for these sorts of people probably more highly than would be encountered in the general population (not to minimize or invalidate anyone’s experience, which is subjectively as real and serious as they complain about) I think it’s clear some permanent neurochemical alterations have taken place in many of us and yet relatively few psychiatrists would likely sign off on this claim. *Your research articles seem to me to be the greatest vehicle we have for getting doctors to take us seriously.* While I don’t share your education in this field, it’s patently obvious to any intelligent person that you seem to know what you’re talking about and are arguing from a reasonable, rational perspective and that your logical faculties are functioning appropriately. Please keep doing what you’re doing so that one day we may all correct this injustice that has been wrought upon us. Your dedication is admirable, and I think your contributions here are absolutely invaluable.
TalkingAnt

Re: Should I spend any time on this? (propeciahelp admins)

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Leave it, the proof will be in the pudding. If you produce results, IE replicable PSSD cure protocols, then I’m sure they will be interested in talking to you.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Dryed

Unread post by Dryed »

PSSD is not a flu nowhere ammount of homemade research are going to cure or comprehend this,we need absolutely collaboration with propecia community in order to reach the scientific community,it's utterly stupid to think otherwise.
To pathei mathos
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

I think Meso can express his idea as opposed to that of Propeciahelp, however I have noticed that Meso has opened a topic on this forum CLOSED to every user intervention and this survey has 2 tendentious options, when instead could have asked users if it is believed that pssd and pfs are the same thing or not. I do not think that someone who is so overly convinced of his idea (which is a hypothesis) and wanting to scuttle the other hypotheses should have the role of moderator in a forum that represents the wider community PSSD, or at least, he should respect the role.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Bear wrote:Personally I would continue building on PSSD theory and helping others with their symptoms, then when you've got enough people saying that they've significantly improved from taking your advice you can try again.
This is my opinion as well, as I pointed out in the opening post. I believe that it's best to focus on helping others minimize the risks of their self-experimentation and, hopefully, provide some guidance on what is more likely to help. Doing anything else shouldn't be a priority, especially when it has the potential to be inflammatory and damaging.

That said, I couldn't bring myself to ignore the people who made the request for looking into the PFS hypothesis with a clear conscience. Hence the voting.
TalkingAntColony wrote:Leave it, the proof will be in the pudding. If you produce results, IE replicable PSSD cure protocols, then I’m sure they will be interested in talking to you.
Minimizing the risks of others' trial-and-error as providing an idea on what option is more likely to help is the goal of my endeavor. A cure is never the goal - if I find a full cure for myself, it likely won't work universally since it doesn't target the very root cause of PSSD. Ergo, it's not a replicable cure by any means - even if many find some relief on it, many others may not.

If I ever stumble upon a universal/replicable cure - it would be a stroke of blind luck. It would be akin to picking a random grail (hypothesis) and it turns out to be THE holy grail. Chances of that happening are very slim, to say the least.
Dryed wrote:PSSD is not a flu nowhere ammount of homemade research are going to cure or comprehend this,we need absolutely collaboration with propecia community in order to reach the scientific community,it's utterly stupid to think otherwise.
The community is waiting for an opportunity to be in contact with renowned scientists who can potentially offer to study PSSD through animal research and/or neuroimaging. If this opportunity presents itself, suffice to say that it'd be a massive step forward for PSSD. It's very possible that PH community can make this happen through their connections. It's not something that I disagree on. But I had to make this voting an option in order to move on with a clear conscience.

Since starting this thread, most of the people who viewed it have abstained from voting. Those who did vote, however, are overwhelmingly on the side of moving on and focusing on PSSD. I'm glad that this is the outcome of this voting. It speaks of the maturity this community possesses.

I see no point of keeping this thread active. It has achieved its goal.
My blog "The Research Zone" is currently :roll: down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here