People needed for documentary

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
AnhedonicApe

People needed for documentary

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Here follows an email i got from a journalist I am in contact with:

The first "all-hands-on-deck" meeting about a documentary is this Friday and I am seeing a publisher in Paris at the beginning of January about a book (I know there are lots of books already but they're experts' books and hopefully the public would be interested in the human side, the patients' stories).
The idea is to have as much "synergy" as possible (adding a graphic novel would be great, too, I will be in touch with artists about that).

So I know this is asking a lot but what we absolutely need now is people who are willing to come forward with their post-SSRI syndrome and be filmed. Some can remain anonymous (using the usual devices, image blurring, filming from the back etc) but at least one or two should accept to be on screen.

I am very aware of how hard it will be to find someone willing to do this.
Do you think you could ask the people you know, please?
Depending on whether we try or not to get money from a crowdfunding, it could also be used to both raise awareness and find patients with the syndrome.

Guys, please let me know if you are willing to future in a documentary.
Bear

Re: People needed for documentary

Unread post by Bear »

I am willing to be interviewed. However, I require some degree of anonymity so I will have my face blurred. I take it they're going to conduct online as well as in-person interviews?
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

Where will filming take place?
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

Ewe asked a fundamental question.

if I can make a suggestion: avoid skype and similar interviews, with bad audio/video quality, grainy images and "sad" home backgrounds
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

I am willing to be interviewed without any anonymity I will show my face and use my name no problem. I have never been but Paris is easy and quick to get to from London and vice verse. My hip surgery did not work so I might be having one more surgery so as long as dates are arranged so travel don’t co-inside or travelling to me or Skype if dates do clash then that’s good.

Can you private message me for contact details? Any more information about the documentary? What has a fiction novel got anything to do with it?

Thanks
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
Rb26dett

Unread post by Rb26dett »

I can do this. I can put my face on, with name and surname, but I haven't money to travel. I lost my job and I can't work.
Paroxetine from 11-2012 to 08-2018 never had sexual disfunction.
Added 5-htp for help with Paroxetine withdrawal, then I got severe PSSD, with altered hormones levels and CFS.
Symptoms worsened with time.
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Rb26dett wrote:I can do this. I can put my face on, with name and surname, but I haven't money to travel. I lost my job and I can't work.
If i remember correctly SSRI didnt cause your PSSD. That's a must for this docu, sorry bro
fema4psyciatrists

AnhedonicApe wrote:
Rb26dett wrote:I can do this. I can put my face on, with name and surname, but I haven't money to travel. I lost my job and I can't work.
If i remember correctly SSRI didnt cause your PSSD. That's a must for this docu, sorry bro
I was on SSRI’s, antipsychotics and lyrica. The uro-neurology consultant team at Queen Square UCLH in Central London said that they had only heard of my SSRI Sertraline causing permanent lasting sexual dysfunction and that it wasn’t any of the other medications, it was my SSRI Sertraline that caused it.

Do they want me or not?

https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/OurServices/Ser ... /Home.aspx
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
fema4psyciatrists

This is a real trained media that want to do it. If not enough people come forward then they can not even make it!

Please please some people come forward!
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

more details are needed: how will the interviews take place? in france or via internet? problems if you don't speak english?