Meeting- member of parliament (UK)

Topics related to activism.
anacleta

Re: Meeting- member of parliament (UK)

Unread post by anacleta »

thanks Frog!! what would be the "real progress" possible?
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

anacleta wrote:thanks Frog!! what would be the "real progress" possible?

It all depends on how NHS England respond and also the current situation with the UK government. If they’re dismissive then he’ll take it to parliament but I’m going to push for this anyway as it could help raise awareness. To answer your question I’m not entirely sure, I think it’s just a case of seeing what they say and reacting appropriately
Gameclay

Unread post by Gameclay »

It needs to be stressed here that anyone contacting their govt officials needs to keep it very respectful, professional, and avoid saying anything that could make them sound like a crazy hypochondriac or give us all a bad name.

Also attach medical articles to emails to support your claims.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Gameclay wrote:It needs to be stressed here that anyone contacting their govt officials needs to keep it very respectful, professional, and avoid saying anything that could make them sound like a crazy hypochondriac or give us all a bad name.

Also attach medical articles to emails to support your claims.
100% agreed, be professoonal and scientific while also including how you feel for empathy
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Frog wrote:
anacleta wrote:thanks Frog!! what would be the "real progress" possible?

It all depends on how NHS England respond and also the current situation with the UK government. If they’re dismissive then he’ll take it to parliament but I’m going to push for this anyway as it could help raise awareness. To answer your question I’m not entirely sure, I think it’s just a case of seeing what they say and reacting appropriately
I got my response back from my MP and the Health Department. I got the same indignified copy and paste legal defense response that I got about 4 years ago. Nicola Blackwood still works at the health department and gave the copy paste response again. She did this last time and my MP as the conservative one in the neighboring borough wrote to me with it attached... and didn't write anything about expecting I wouldn't be happy about it once again. They seem to think I will be satisfied with these responses.

She stated that the MHRA do a wonderful (maybe she did not used the word wonderful, she just pasted the work they do) job of continuosly monitoring side effects. All medicines have side effects and side effects are listed on packets and the MHRA, although I had already said this WAS NOT LISTED. She mentioned I could fill a yellow report side effect (as if I have not already done so), and I can fill in an NHS complaints form (I rang up to report it once by voicemail and got a voicemail back). She also mentioned I will be interested to know, as I have already sent in my letter to them cough cough, that the EU medicines agency have now formally declared that PSSD is a recognized medical condition.

Okay so now I have this BS response again, what's my next step? What should I specifically ask or re-ask for? Should I ask to meet or ask again that he meets with your MP's as I am unsatisfied? I am rightfully upset, how would they like it if their children had disablities and were treated in this way? Would they be satisfied with those responses?

I want to reply as soon as possible, because I have serious physical injuries I want to limit my time. What responses have you had from the health department?

Baroness Nicole Blackwood works from Oxford and is Lead for the MHRA, life science and others. A consultant psychiatrist that taught a masters course in psychiatry and blogs about cleaning up drug industry corruption in the mental health industry that has written "Prescribed Harm from Psychiatric Drugs: a Manifesto", is one psychiatrist that has written about his concerns of the influential number 4 university in the world, Oxford University's, psychiatry department: https://drnmblog.wordpress.com/2019/09/ ... -goldacre/

I am starting to feel like the Conservative Party are a bunch of Copy and Paste Robber Barons.

So who's MP's am I requesting that mine should meet with?
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
fema4psyciatrists

Okay I have emailed a reply, I will try to call his office soon as I doubt he will respond. Anyone who want's me to mention their MP to him, say so now in this thread (not by private message).
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

fema4psyciatrists wrote:Okay I have emailed a reply, I will try to call his office soon as I doubt he will respond. Anyone who want's me to mention their MP to him, say so now in this thread (not by private message).
Does your MP do advice surgeries? It gives you the chance to go and meet them in person so may be worth checking their website. I’ll reply properly later when I have more time
fema4psyciatrists

Frog wrote:
fema4psyciatrists wrote:Okay I have emailed a reply, I will try to call his office soon as I doubt he will respond. Anyone who want's me to mention their MP to him, say so now in this thread (not by private message).
Does your MP do advice surgeries? It gives you the chance to go and meet them in person so may be worth checking their website. I’ll reply properly later when I have more time
Thankfully I was wrong and my MP did respond, he said he will raise my points about PSSD with Frog's MP if he gets a chance when he see's him in Parliament. Now is the time to start getting your MP's to talk to mine and Frog's! Mine is Mike Freer MP if you wish to contact mine. Get the ball rolling (mine is bookies favourite to be out of office soon after the elections).

I did request a meeting, but I said if not, I am equally happy if he alternatively speaks with Frog's MP, my MP only does it by booked appointments and has not agreed to meeting with me. I will follow up to see if this conversation has happened in a couple of weeks, if not I will again request a meeting but his website says booked meetings are in rare circumstances and he has not agreed to those requests of mine.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

fema4psyciatrists wrote:
Frog wrote:
Thankfully I was wrong and my MP did respond, he said he will raise my points about PSSD with Frog's MP if he gets a chance when he see's him in Parliament. Now is the time to start getting your MP's to talk to mine and Frog's! Mine is Mike Freer MP if you wish to contact mine. Get the ball rolling (mine is bookies favourite to be out of office soon after the elections).

I did request a meeting, but I said if not, I am equally happy if he alternatively speaks with Frog's MP, my MP only does it by booked appointments and has not agreed to meeting with me. I will follow up to see if this conversation has happened in a couple of weeks, if not I will again request a meeting but his website says booked meetings are in rare circumstances and he has not agreed to those requests of mine.

This is good news! Please everyone, read this thread! http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3386
climb

Unread post by climb »

I wrote to my MP (Roysten Smith) but i haven't heard back so far....