A positive update

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
mrstaircase

A positive update

Unread post by mrstaircase »

I've been wanting to post this update since the forums went down. Glad it came back up.

Keeping this update short but detailed to keep keep it clear.
After my previous trials with berberine I've been doing 3 attempts to restart my HPTA for the previous 9 months.
I had been running 2 weeks of clomid 25mg a day followed by a week of nolvadex 50mg a day. Followed by a month of pause.
The third time I attempted doing this something stuck and I experienced a 2 week period of hyperandrogenism, followed by what I perceive as a stabilized androgen state.
This state has improved all my sexual functions to an extreme and has stabilized my mood.

As of now my only remaining symptoms are a diminished response to emotions (either high or low).
I would actually say that objectively I'm now in a state that's better than my pre-pssd state. But I'm also aware it's not 'correct' because a damper on my emotions is not natural.
Subjectively I'm on the way to being cured and I praise myself very lucky to be where I am, and I believe I'm not far away from complete recovery.

Apologies for the formal reporting, I figured just stating the facts would keep it as clean as possible.
I'm happy to answer all your questions but be sure to read my posts before you do so.
R3m3dy

Re: A positive update

Unread post by R3m3dy »

Thanks for the update mrstaircase. I am so happy to hear you’re feeling better! What were your bloods like prior to this experiment? Have you taken any since? If you had taken them before, were they indicative of HPTA malfunction?
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Great news, thanks for reporting back.

Where did the thinking behind this trial come from? A study, or just your understanding of the mechanisms of these drugs? Were they easy to get hold of? Could you share info about brands etc?

How long since you last did a cycle of this, and how long have you been drug free? Will you be doing another cycle or are you happy with your progress?
mrstaircase

Unread post by mrstaircase »

If you read my previous posts It’ll give you the why and how.

In short I suspected androgen insensitivity wich I wanted to treat by raising SHBG to bind to DHT, thereby forcing a surge in DHT upon cessation. Assumptions were right but the effect did not stick untill the third attempt.

I will not be doing another cycle because normal androgen function is restored. This is apparant by increased beard growth, oily skin, body odor and return of libido and sperm volume. In other words, pre pssd level of functioning.

It’s been stable now for 2.5 months. The previous 2 attempts the results were stable for 2 weeks before returning to a faulty androgen state.

I suspect that full emotions will restore by itself now that androgen function is in place to ensure neurosteroid production.
pii

Unread post by pii »

Hello could u explain more what y did and How y did it? Did u use 25 clomid 2 weeks and then 1 week tamoxifen 50 mg? What happend first time u did it ? And secund time ?
And what wad ur pssd symptoms How serve ? Was ur ed ?
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Hi! Can you mark which drug you responded more - clomid or tamoxifen?
Brian cook

Unread post by Brian cook »

That's great to hear. Congrats man. After starting clomid, how long did it take you to see an improvement? thanks a lot man
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

thanks for the update! Just to make sure people get the full story: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=202
Samsa

Unread post by Samsa »

Hi mrstaircase,

Can you clarify some of your thinking on this please? If you suspected androgen insensitivity, why exactly did you think surging DHT would remedy it? I read that you thought your DHT was low with the slow beard growth etc. but I don't quite understand the thinking behind the method. I suppose I'm just confused about the sensitivity part, like, wouldn't your secondary symptoms just suggest low DHT, rather than an insensitivity to androgens?

I ask because I too suspect androgen insensitivity in my own case, but I'm not sure about DHT. I seem to respond to boron (like you seemed to) in cycles and nettle root - both known for lowering SHBG. Also I once took D-Aspartic Acid and had a surge in libido for a week, alongside some light acne on my body - which is something that never happens to me. Joining up the dots, joining up the dots.

Anyway I am happy for your success :)
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

Hey, mrstaircase! Thanks for the post!

Could you share your lab tests? I don't know whether you tested it or not, but if you did, please share with us!

I was thinking about using Clomid before reading your posts cause my test levels aren't so good.