Kaleb, a complex pssd recoverery

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Benji19912

Kaleb, a complex pssd recoverery

Unread post by Benji19912 »

This thread isn’t to discuss kaleb as a person only his case

He claims in his recovery story that taking addyi for 5 months reversed his anhedonia (quite severe) he still takes addyi to this day and his improvements haven’t faded. His improvements began just Over a year after starting treatment

the research I’ve read from mesolimbo suggests that addyi can’t have any affect on anhedonia, he only cites Temporary improvement in sexual function.

now, a lot of people rely on Kaleb’s story as their last bastion of hope, and I don’t think that’s fair if there’s no basis to his recovery on addyi. so are there any knowledgeable people here that can put this story to bed once and for all?
Thomas

Re: Kaleb, the only known complex pssd recoverer

Unread post by Thomas »

Facts: PSSD is not understood, there could be different types of PSSD and its symptoms are very similar to those of depression.
Thus it is very difficult to define PSSD and even more difficult to diagnose it with certainty. Furthermore, physiological effects could lead to some psychological effects (in my case, I am quite convinced of that, or hoping, I admit).
Some people recover, but we don't know from what.
Some don't, and we don't know what they have either.
But it seems that most people here are able to have short windows with or even without drugs. To my point of view, it is enough to have a happy life (who feels happy 100% of the time? especially within people having taken SSRI...)
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Jaxx

Re: Kaleb, a complex pssd recoverery

Unread post by Jaxx »

I dont want to open a discussion what is severe vs milder issues, but there are more pssd cases that recovered from both cognitive and sexual issues. hence i changed the title
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

You really believe Kaleb ever had PSSD?
He had spinal nerve damage and maybe a depression (anhedonia) about it. I never read from a spinal nerve damage in PSSD/PFS community before and it wouldn't explain shrunken genitals, testicles, no respond to drugs etc.
I also did a lumbar MRI and it was fine.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
john099

Unread post by john099 »

Ya Goldstein has everyone doing these MRIs (including me) and they come back normal - what is he not getting about PSSD? How many more people need to get MRIs that are normal for him to move on from that theory.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

What really pisses me off is the kind of circular logic while analyzing other people reports.

Are self reported claims valid or not?

Lot's of neurobulshit theories around uses self- reported anedoctal cases as ultimate response of a given drug, which is at minimum inconsistent.

People come here and claim lots of issues as being severe. But, if they come back and claim improvements, it must be because they didn't have the "true PSSD". Similar to cults of doom, if you get out, that's because you were not a "true member".
That's not the point, but the bias toward negative reports as "unique valid" response of any drug, and more, even something positive is self-reported, it gets a "temporary" prefix" as reinforcement of negative outcome.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Hes also on a cocktail of other drugs as well as testosterone.

He's also taken it upon himself to be an ambassador for PSSD.
Thomas

Re: Kaleb, the only known complex pssd recoverer

Unread post by Thomas »

Thomas wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:30 am Facts: PSSD is not understood, there could be different types of PSSD and its symptoms are very similar to those of depression.
Thus it is very difficult to define PSSD and even more difficult to diagnose it with certainty. Furthermore, physiological effects could lead to some psychological effects (in my case, I am quite convinced of that, or hoping, I admit).
I would add: except ED, symptoms are difficult to measure and memory has its weakness too.
For instance, I clearly suffer from anhedonia compared to April. But I was more than one year on drugs and I am not sure if this is a symptom or just me becoming who I was before drugs... (don't remember)
On the opposite, I always had a strong libido, therefore I am sure this is a symptom. Numbness, too. But is my near zero libido stronger or weaker now than last month, I don't know. By the way, do you guys have some way/tool to measure your symptoms such as libido, numbness, anhedonia...?
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness