Terpenes from citrus peel? Dosist?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Brain food

Re: Terpenes from citrus peel? Dosist?

Unread post by Brain food »

Thomas wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:00 pm Do you have the list of ingredients? Or at least, is it possible to ask it to the manufacturer?
Thomas,
Dosist lists the terpenes that are in it in their stores and I believe on their website as well. They are linalool, farnesene and limonene. There could be other ingredients that they don’t list but it doesn’t seem like the manufacturer is trying to keep the contents secret. I’m not sure if it’s possible to get the individual terpenes and safely smoke or inhale them. I’m not an expert on it yet.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

What I don't get is that linalool, farnesene and limonene could be found elsewhere. So why bothering with cannabis if this doesn't help? Or is it the combination?
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Brain food

Thomas wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:43 pm What I don't get is that linalool, farnesene and limonene could be found elsewhere. So why bothering with cannabis if this doesn't help? Or is it the combination?
I honestly don’t know. Maybe it’s the fact that I smoked and inhaled the terpenes instead of eating them. My suspicion is that it’s farnesene that helped with genital sensation. Linalool seems to be in many strains of marijuana. Farnesene is rarer. Also, the Dosist vape pens contain cannabis oil and perhaps that has a different effect on the brain than cannabis flower. Or it could be some minor ingredient that Dosist doesn’t even bother to list because they don’t think it’s important. I tried looking for scientific explanations online but I couldn’t find anything that would lead me to a coherent theory. However, the brain and nervous system are extremely complex and no one even knows what is going wrong that causes PSSD. I’m just hoping that enough people try Dosist Arouse and it works for them. Then maybe we can find some lab that could make 3 batches of cannabis oil with only one of the terpenes in each and see if that works.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

I have PSSD, I was med free for almost 4 years with no improvement. Ive been on zoloft since May of 2019.
Brain food

I was looking up videos on YouTube and it appears that almost anyone can buy their own equipment to make cannabis oil and then add liquid terpenes to it. I’m currently a Masters student in another country, but after I finish, I might see if I can move to California or Canada and try to create my own formula that has the same effect or a better one than Dosist Arouse. I’m still curious if this vape pen has the same effect on other people that it did on me.
Brain food

Here’s a study on the effects of certain terpenes on Zebrafish.

Robust behavioural effects in response to acute, but not repeated, terpene administration in Zebrafish (Danio rerio)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34584156/
Brain food

Terpenes in Cannabis, Explained
Dr. John Streicher provides insights into his research around terpenes, aromatic compounds found in cannabis and other plants, and why they might be a novel way to treat pain.

https://healthsciences.arizona.edu/blog ... -explained