New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Jaxx

Re: PSSD ?

Unread post by Jaxx »

Super active, awake
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Vercingétorix wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:20 am Ok finally I've got a prescription of buspirone from my doctor (a general practitioner). He was very surprised when I told him buspirone could increase libido, I had to ask him to make a quick search on the internet to convince him.

I have a question for those who have already taken buspirone : at which dose do you advise me to start the treatement ? And after how long can I expect some libido improvements ? My doctor told me to start 10mg/day, but he doesn't seem to know this product very well.
Refer to: https://patents.google.com/patent/WO1987004621A1/en

It is per case basis, but they noticed 30 - 60 mg range as optimal. The average dose of the group was 45 mg.
But it depends on the sides, I got dizziness if I take 15 mg at a time for example, then I take my daily dose divided in 3 times. I was at 20 mg 3x a day, but I am tapering down, because got much dizziness, the maximum dose seems to be also effective in GAD too.. it has rapid elimination too, so better optimizing the time you take it with any incoming sexual activity.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Vercingétorix

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

Ok i've started buspirone treatement. On the 2 first days I was on 5mg and I felt no effect, so I thought it was ok to upper to 10 mg (in 2 times) on the third day, but it brought me a big drowziness so I had to lower to 5 mg again.

After how long of 5mg/day treatment do you think I could upper to 10 mg ?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Vercingétorix wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:23 pm Ok i've started buspirone treatement. On the 2 first days I was on 5mg and I felt no effect, so I thought it was ok to upper to 10 mg (in 2 times) on the third day, but it brought me a big drowziness so I had to lower to 5 mg again.

After how long of 5mg/day treatment do you think I could upper to 10 mg ?
I had lots of drowsiness when I started. That was the reason it took longer to find a proper dosage. I stated 5 mg, 3 times a day because 2x of 7.5 mg brought too much drowsiness. Then I increased 5 mg every month, starting with the bedtime to help with sleep.

The time to upper depends on your tolerance on this mild side effect. There are people who tend do panic after anything different happening, which is totally understandable. But it is likely to reduce over time.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Vercingétorix

arahant wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:26 pm
I had lots of drowsiness when I started. That was the reason it took longer to find a proper dosage. I stated 5 mg, 3 times a day because 2x of 7.5 mg brought too much drowsiness. Then I increased 5 mg every month, starting with the bedtime to help with sleep.

The time to upper depends on your tolerance on this mild side effect. There are people who tend do panic after anything different happening, which is totally understandable. But it is likely to reduce over time.
Ok, thanks for your response. I'll try to upper the dose in 2 weeks and see what happens.
After how long of treatement did you have an improvement in your sexual function ?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Vercingétorix wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:39 pm
arahant wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:26 pm

Ok, thanks for your response. I'll try to upper the dose in 2 weeks and see what happens.
After how long of treatement did you have an improvement in your sexual function ?
Many months, I have a thread here, I improved a lot... mostly because I had to deal with drowsiness increasing the dosage slowly, the drowsiness lasted about 1-1.5 h on average bafter taking it, that's why I scheduled any sexual activity for after this period, I noticed that talking alongside meals helped to reduce the short term hypoglycemia induced by this drug https://www.ijpsonline.com/articles/eff ... umans.html
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Vercingétorix

arahant wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:47 pm
Many months, I have a thread here, I improved a lot... mostly because I had to deal with drowsiness increasing the dosage slowly, the drowsiness lasted about 1-1.5 h on average bafter taking it, that's why I scheduled any sexual activity for after this period, I noticed that talking alongside meals helped to reduce the short term hypoglycemia induced by this drug https://www.ijpsonline.com/articles/eff ... umans.html
I have one question again : is it a problem if I take buspirone + natural suplements (inositol and maca for example) ? No interactions ?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Vercingétorix wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:12 pm
arahant wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:47 pm
I have one question again : is it a problem if I take buspirone + natural suplements (inositol and maca for example) ? No interactions ?
It is up to you.

I took it alone for many months for consistency, because I didn't want to mess, then later it is difficult to know what is helping, worsening or not.

Less is better in my opinion, making one change at a time and I avoiding the tendency of stacking a pile of 20+ shit which may charge you an larger frustration if it won't work, also because it's difficult to discern.

Maca tastes good on smoothies for example, the only food that I heard that is dangerous is grapefruit and pomegranates.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

arahant wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:37 pm Maca tastes good on smoothies for example, the only food that I heard that is dangerous is grapefruit and pomegranates.
Grapefruit is well-known for interacting with lots of drugs - if you take them at the same moment - but are you sure about pomegranates?
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Thomas wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:45 pm
arahant wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:37 pm Maca tastes good on smoothies for example, the only food that I heard that is dangerous is grapefruit and pomegranates.
Grapefruit is well-known for interacting with lots of drugs - if you take them at the same moment - but are you sure about pomegranates?
I am not sure in humans about pomegranates.

But it was shown in animal models that it inhibits CYP3A4 as grapefruit does.
Effect of pomegranate pretreatment on the oral bioavailability of buspirone in male albino rabbits
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3304389/
While the whopping effect of pomegranate
juice on the intestinal CYP3A4 was unequivocally confirmed, it was also found that there was a slight potential of
inhibition of hepatic CYP3A4 in this study, as the elimination half-life values for buspirone was consistently
greater (approximately 20 %) in the pomegranate juice pretreated rabbits as compared to the control treatment arm
https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/1 ... 0137-x.pdf
It is likely to have a similar effect, maybe at not the same magnitude of grapefruit.

It is always important to keep in mind any interactions at risk of increased side effects or benefits (greater half-life), who knows?

Arahant
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)