Thoughts on 5HT1A antagonists?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
lepardglass

Re: Thoughts on 5HT1A antagonists?

Unread post by lepardglass »

Matthias66 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:32 pm
PsychoGenesis wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:24 am
Matthias66 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:13 pm

That was very interesting read, and I have to apologize since I am only now responding to it.

One question- how did you get PSSD? Was it from an SSRI or SNRI? An antipsychotic maybe? And how long did you have PSSD before you cured yourself of it with this
SJW Ze 117 Extract?

I think it is feasible, if somehow this extract can upregulate 5HT1a receptors. The only way would be to take some kind of 5HT1a antagonist, which would block 5HT1a receptors,
giving the neuron more time to create more receptor sites, which would cause upregulation eventually. But it is a unstable road to walk down, and since the closest thing to a
5HT1a antagonist naturally (since most 5HT1a antagonists are either experimental drugs not on the market or beta blockers with minimal effort) is CBG oil, if SJW can cause upregulation,
I'm game.

Are you still cure of PSSD? I would very interesting in hearing more.
beta blockers aren't postsynaptic antagonists, that's a dangerous mistype
I know Wikipedia can have errors, since it can be edited, but when I was looking up potential 5HT1a antagonists to experiment with, if my doctor was willing to prescribe them (and I have a pretty cool, open minded General Practitioner Doctor), they listed Nebivolol (Bystolic), Oxprenolol, and Propranolol (Inderal) as 5HT1a antagonists, although their mechanism is probably pretty weak in nature. So Wikipedia could be incorrect, but I am just going off what I saw.

I will say I do take Bystolic, and have noticed no change in my condition PSSD wise.
Pindolol would be your best best if you're willing to take a BP med, it happens to be the best selective 5HT1A antagonist, and even has strong preference for presynaptic 5HT1A. Can't believe no one has ever tried it, I would if I had access to it.
rmichaelballow

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

Delfador wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:02 pm No jaxx, everybody feels worse on bcaa. You can search posts history about bcaas in the forum and you wont find a single soul who improved on bcaa. All had negative or no change following bcaa trials.

Even those who used fenclonine on this forum and on rapeat and longecity forums experienced worsening of their pssd.

Pssd IS NOT due to excess serotonine and I kept hammering this on the forum lately after my recent trials.

And If the poster above is really michael ballow, and although i vaguely dislike the individual, i can but agree with his comment because it's the clear truth.
Fully agree. Most neurotransmitters cause terrible effects when sitting in the extracellular space and or not entering intracellular compartments effectively enough. The issue is definitely with signaling, not quantity.

And yes - the BCAA strategy (largely), is the wrong path.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

rmichaelballow wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:11 am
Delfador wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:02 pm No jaxx, everybody feels worse on bcaa. You can search posts history about bcaas in the forum and you wont find a single soul who improved on bcaa. All had negative or no change following bcaa trials.

Even those who used fenclonine on this forum and on rapeat and longecity forums experienced worsening of their pssd.

Pssd IS NOT due to excess serotonine and I kept hammering this on the forum lately after my recent trials.

And If the poster above is really michael ballow, and although i vaguely dislike the individual, i can but agree with his comment because it's the clear truth.
Fully agree. Most neurotransmitters cause terrible effects when sitting in the extracellular space and or not entering intracellular compartments effectively enough. The issue is definitely with signaling, not quantity.

And yes - the BCAA strategy (largely), is the wrong path.
Considering that BCAA has helped some people gain some sort of relief, I’d argue that it’s not the wrong path
rmichaelballow

That's ok with me. I am not here to argue mechanisms.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

rmichaelballow wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:49 am That's ok with me. I am not here to argue mechanisms.
I’m not arguing about mechanisms, I’m not a scientist and know very little about it. I’m just saying that I wouldn’t dismiss something that brings relief to people as the wrong path
rmichaelballow

You wouldn't. But I would. Buspar gives people relief, but it is the wrong path. Cocaine also. I'm dismissive of it knowing that Serotonin quantity itself is not the primary issue. It couldn't possibly be. Very rarely is the net concentration of a transmitter the problem with issues like this. Usually projecton/signaling/receptor binding.
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

Frog wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:09 am
rmichaelballow wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:49 am That's ok with me. I am not here to argue mechanisms.
I’m not arguing about mechanisms, I’m not a scientist and know very little about it. I’m just saying that I wouldn’t dismiss something that brings relief to people as the wrong path
I reviewed all those cases, and they all took bcaa with a dopamine agonist, a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, or a dopamine precursor.

Not a single soul had relief by taking bcaa alone for a few weeks. None whatsoever.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

5ht1a antagonists will probably not sensitize the receptor because there is a large concentration of serotonin in our synapses from sert down regulation. Antagonists will just increase 5ht firing, by blocking 5ht1a receptors, which will worsen symptoms. We need to focus on finding ways to upregulate sert. All of the negative effects we experience are caused from down stream effects of permeant sert dysfunction induced by ssri. This seems to me like the most plausible explanation for why people have reported crashing from 5ht1a agonists. Most 5ht1a agonist medications/supplements not only target the 5ht1a receptor but they also increase serotonin. If sert is down regulated in pssd, and you take a 5ht1a agonist, serotonin will build up in your system until you crash (more 5ht1a desensitization).
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Tree wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:37 am 5ht1a antagonists will probably not sensitize the receptor because there is a large concentration of serotonin in our synapses from sert down regulation. Antagonists will just increase 5ht firing, by blocking 5ht1a receptors, which will worsen symptoms. We need to focus on finding ways to upregulate sert. All of the negative effects we experience are caused from down stream effects of permeant sert dysfunction induced by ssri. This seems to me like the most plausible explanation for why people have reported crashing from 5ht1a agonists. Most 5ht1a agonist medications/supplements not only target the 5ht1a receptor but they also increase serotonin. If sert is down regulated in pssd, and you take a 5ht1a agonist, serotonin will build up in your system until you crash (more 5ht1a desensitization).
I dont think high Serotonin is a problem in all? I tried some stuff that depletes it and it didnt help one bit
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

cdraham wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:33 am
Tree wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:37 am 5ht1a antagonists will probably not sensitize the receptor because there is a large concentration of serotonin in our synapses from sert down regulation. Antagonists will just increase 5ht firing, by blocking 5ht1a receptors, which will worsen symptoms. We need to focus on finding ways to upregulate sert. All of the negative effects we experience are caused from down stream effects of permeant sert dysfunction induced by ssri. This seems to me like the most plausible explanation for why people have reported crashing from 5ht1a agonists. Most 5ht1a agonist medications/supplements not only target the 5ht1a receptor but they also increase serotonin. If sert is down regulated in pssd, and you take a 5ht1a agonist, serotonin will build up in your system until you crash (more 5ht1a desensitization).
I dont think high Serotonin is a problem in all? I tried some stuff that depletes it and it didnt help one bit
What did you try? If dr sert is the main culprit of pssd, I doubt you would be able to reduce serotonin enough to off set elevated serotonin induced by reduced sert, a critical regulatory mechanism in the brain. I also think it's more than just reducing serotonin. It needs to be reduced in particular parts of the brain and there may not be any practical way to accomplish this without upregulating sert.
Last edited by Tree on Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.