DH post "I can’t breathe" March 9, 2021

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
zeipii2

Re: DH post "I can’t breathe" March 9, 2021

Unread post by zeipii2 »

frhfu398hhf9hf3hf8 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:24 am
zeipii2 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:02 am
anacleta wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:47 am As far as I know he can prescribe SSRIs or not, how do you know for sure that he prescribes them?
I have asked him
Can't believe this. What should we expect from other psychiatrists then?
well you don't have to believe me. I have asked this from him. What can you do, when you make money out of your profession. His core profession is psychiatry. On top of that he has done some useful awareness no doubt. But sure you can get an ssri from him.
zeipii2

Unread post by zeipii2 »

REVOLUTIONIZE wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 am Healy holds some well paid senior roles, has couple of ventures and his week is not made up of just 40 working hours. It would be great if he could focus more on PSSD research, but it does consume time and finding funding for it is almost impossible. He can't just go into a lab and study PSSD.

Regarding prescribing SSRIs: Please remember, for some people these meds can be life saving. Let's leave weighing risks vs benefits up to Healy.
what makes you and so many think Healy is some medical researcher? As if getting enough time and money he would turn into one? He is a psychiatrist, writer and talker. This community is full of all kinds of strange thoughts really.
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

I think the awareness he is generating is great, I just wish he'd stop with the political tangents. It's not helping us.

I was never under the impression that he was a scientist, I just figure he has a better understanding of what is going on than the average person, and could put that to good use (which he has until this point).
REVOLUTIONIZE

Unread post by REVOLUTIONIZE »

zeipii2 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:05 am
REVOLUTIONIZE wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 am Healy holds some well paid senior roles, has couple of ventures and his week is not made up of just 40 working hours. It would be great if he could focus more on PSSD research, but it does consume time and finding funding for it is almost impossible. He can't just go into a lab and study PSSD.

Regarding prescribing SSRIs: Please remember, for some people these meds can be life saving. Let's leave weighing risks vs benefits up to Healy.
what makes you and so many think Healy is some medical researcher? As if getting enough time and money he would turn into one? He is a psychiatrist, writer and talker. This community is full of all kinds of strange thoughts really.
What do you mean what makes me think he is a medical researcher ? He is a Professor of Psychiatry and wrote over 200 peer-reviewed articles, 200 other pieces and 20 books. It should be enough to make him a medical researcher.

It depends what you mean by saying "if getting enough time and money would turn into one". His petition has ceratinly made EMA recognize PSSD:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6004927/

Very strange, isn't it ?