The true nature of an autoimmune disease 2021. Herpesviridae infection

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
anacleta

The true nature of an autoimmune disease 2021. Herpesviridae infection

Unread post by anacleta »

The true nature of an autoimmune disease 2021

Page 29: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ne_disease

Further Research is Needed for Potentially Related Diseases

If this model is validated and proven robust through clinical trials, then the HASD signature of mitochondrial and metabolic disturbances described in this paper suggests significant research is needed into exploring a large number of diseases and disorders that display a related profile of metabolic alterations and impairments. Based on the evidence presented in this paper, it is the authors’ opinion that many common diseases and disorders are simply the same ubiquitous herpesviridae infection(s), presenting different symptoms based on the location and burden of the latent cells and any level of lytic activity. We hope to see further research in attempting to apply this model to - [LONG LIST OF DISEASES], Post Finasteride Syndrome and Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction
kpavel

Re: The true nature of an autoimmune disease 2021. Herpesviridae infection

Unread post by kpavel »

Polyamines have a promising and interesting place in solving autoimmune diseases. Viruses as well as bacterias can consume and produce them. Their production also needs s-adenosylmethionine. They counteract cell apoptosis and stimulate cel autophagy. Hormones such as testosterone, estrogen, growth hormone seem to stimulate polyamine synthesis. They (spermidine) also can upregulate IDO-1 enzyme which shifts production of serotonin from tryptophan to alternative cycle and thought to have a big part of body immune responses.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Interestingly enough GH protects elders from infection

Aging and immune function: a possible role for growth hormone
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8742118/
Elderly individuals have four to five times the case rate of cancer, tuberculosis and herpes zoster and six to seven times the fatality rate from pneumonia compared to young adults. This may be causally related to two changes that occur with aging, i.e. decreased growth hormone (GH)/insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) production and decreased immune function. Data from our laboratory as well as others have shown that, based on either GH secretory dynamics or IGF-1 levels, approximately 40% of adults aged 60 and older are GH deficient. In the same population of subjects, immune function decreases such that there is a decline in cell-mediated and humoral immune responsiveness. Some of these immune deficits have been shown to be reversed in humans and primates by GH and/or IGF-1 treatment. This paper will review some of these data.

And this is in a serious contrast with steroids (corticosterone, testosterone).
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

If one’s “PSSD” was in fact trigged by herpesvirus, what would the implications be on recovery? Could we take a herpes medication, for example, and be cured of PSSD? Might other therapies be suggested? Sorry, very practical information oriented.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

You could try a poll to test if herperviridae are more frequent amongst PSSD sufferer. I was tested negative.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Thomas wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:34 am You could try a poll to test if herperviridae are more frequent amongst PSSD sufferer. I was tested negative.
Which tests did you do?
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

cdraham wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:38 am
Thomas wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:34 am You could try a poll to test if herperviridae are more frequent amongst PSSD sufferer. I was tested negative.
Which tests did you do?
Serological test for HSV1&2
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Thomas wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 am
cdraham wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:38 am
Which tests did you do?
Serological test for HSV1&2
What about hhv6/ebv. Those are herpesviridae too. I'll check for those
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

cdraham wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:21 am What about hhv6/ebv. Those are herpesviridae too. I'll check for those
I had varicella. I don't know about hhv6.
I was tested negative for ebv 5 years ago.
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

If our PSSD symptoms are caused by herpes, what can we do about it?