I am going to drop a major bomb soon

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
guacamo

Re: I am going to drop a major bomb soon

Unread post by guacamo »

I edited the main post, u can check this up.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

guacamo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:58 pm I edited the main post, u can check this up.
Thanks, I read your theory. I have a question..

How does this explain the chronic fatigue, loss of muscle, head pressure and other symptoms seen in severe pssd?
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Imo what you explained here is for one subtype of pssd, the one with absence of fatigue and muscle loss. This such type is much more related to post finasteride syndrome and/or chronic fatigue syndrome
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Muscle loss and atrophy, total lack of unrefreshing sleep, fatigue can not be explained purely neurologically. There has to be some endocrine involvement. But i could be wrong. Imo we should look at me/cfs to find answers for these pssd cases
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

U cannot simply take every symptom you experience and extrapolate that this is the effect of PSSD. And there are no 'different types of PSSD' if we take SSRI as the main cause and not other things like finasteride, there is no data to fairly assume that post finasteride syndrome and SSRI have a common cause. The ability for a drug to change something, which result in PSSD symptoms in more than one way is next to impossible. While fatigue and sleep are a part of PSSD and are explainable by 5-HT1A receptor, muscle loss and atrophy aren't related to PSSD at all, even if you would believe in "different types of pssd". What PSSD does simply can be mimicked by SSRI intake, PSSD is just a part of SSRI side effects, which exist even after stopping the treatment
Last edited by guacamo on Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

guacamo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:33 pm U cannot simply take every symptom you experience and extrapolate that this is the effect of PSSD. And there are no 'different types of PSSD', the ability for a drug to change something, which result in PSSD symptoms in more than one way is next to impossible. While fatigue and sleep are a part of PSSD and are explainable by 5-HT1A receptor, muscle loss and atrophy aren't related to PSSD at all.
I wouldn't say it's next to impossible, maybe there is really more subtypes. Why are there cases, which literally only have loss of libido, then theres a case like me who can't get out of bed, alzheimer cognition, anhedonia, muscle loss.. Genital shrinkage. These effects aren't downstream of serotonin receptors Imo.

Genital shrinkage, this also happens in pfs, somehow androgens must be involved.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Some of these are definetly PSSD related, why some do have more severe symptoms, it's from this 5-HT1A theory that these people pre-synaptic 5-HT1A receptor is desensitized more severely. PFS and PSSD do have some common symptoms, but correlation does not mean causation.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

guacamo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:39 pm Some of these are definetly PSSD related, why some do have more severe symptoms, it's from this 5-HT1A theory that these people pre-synaptic 5-HT1A receptor is desensitized more severely.
Maybe, but how can 5ht1a desensitization cause genital shrinkage? Is this possible?
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

SSRI also can cause genital shrinkage so from the theory that PSSD is a some of SSRI's side effects which still persist after the treatment, then yes, it is very much possible.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

guacamo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:43 pm SSRI also can cause genital shrinkage so from the theory that PSSD is a some of SSRI's side effects which still persist after the treatment, then yes, it is very much possible.
I find your theory interesting indeed. I hope you are right and can cure this or at least for those that have this dysfunction. In meanwhile I will try to treat what I found, I tested low cd57+ cells and some bacteria which indicate cns infection.